65 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Roethlisberger back for Ravens showdown? DeCosta pops up as GM candidate. Week 12 picks.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

It would have been nice to get the help, but the #2 seed is still firmly in grasp...take care of the Chargers, and let the Texans worry about themselves.

And I'm thankful to not be a Jets fan.

#3 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Jim Schwartz probably should have known better, but this was still the STUPIDEST rule I've ever seen, causing a definite tilt the wrong way!! But the refs were the ones responsible for NOT blowing the whistle on this play, period!! I have no love for the Lions, but I was rooting for them yesterday and the win should have been theirs!!!

#4 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,954 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

NFL has some INCEDIBLY stupid rules I DEMAND to see changed.
Ed Reed deal included.

#5 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,503 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Just take care of business each weekend and the rest will work out. O-line wake up and play hard.

#6 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I can't believe that geniuses that run the NFL came up with this rule! What a shocker! Lol

#7 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

But for that crazy rule, we'd be tied foe best record in AFC!

Nothing's easy for us but that was so-o-o blatant a bad call that you'd have figured they would have let Schwartz say "Oppsy-Daisy", pick up the challenge flag then go through the ascribed process!

Remember that Lions game when we "melted down" on penalties? Well, the Jets had one of those games where each bounce was against them!

Given that New York is as unforgiving a town as there ever was, it's clear that Rex is wearing out his welcome! The Teabow signing was idiotic at best, but two years of his team disintegrating from the inside is indication that he's one great Defensive Coordinator but a horrid Head Coach!

I wonder if he "can go back to the farm now that he done seen Par-ee"; in other words, can he saddle his ego enough to return to holding a clipboard in Baltimore instead of a headphone in, say, Jacksonville?

Just wonering!

#8 newrorayfan

newrorayfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

My first response was immediately, he was down and then i heard vocal dope Jim "shouldn't i be broadcasting golf" Nantz, say the whistle wasn't blown. Then i said that will be overturned on replay until i learned of a rule that must be born out of spite. How DARE a coach challenge ME THE OFFICIAL before we go to automatic review. So because you DARED challenge my AUTHORITY(cartman), we won't review the play AT ALL! So nanny nanny foo foo to you! Then i thought that is the WORST call i've ever seen, until i remembered Green Bay vs. Seahawks and i thought that the league needs a BOOTH REF to oversee each game to STOP THE MADNESS! Either way the Ravens didn't get any help yesterday so i hope they DESTROY EVEYTHING(Hatebreed) the Chargers have left in coach Turner's last year as a head coach in the nfl.

#9 Purple n Black

Purple n Black

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

What a silly rule!
No way DeCosta goes to Carolina, if he were to leave it would be for a better situation than the Carolina disaster.

#10 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,960 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

That is one stupid rule, however the coach should have known that all touchdowns are reviewed by the booth anyway, so the challenge flag should not have been thrown. The tuck rule is still worse.

Edited by cobrajet, 23 November 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#11 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

I hope Roethlisberger does play so we can knock him out for the rest of the season and put an end to the Sqeelers playoff hopes.
GO RAVENS

#12 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Lions fans were chanting for a return of the Foot Locker Refs.

#13 newrorayfan

newrorayfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

RE: Roethlisberger "he didn't appear to be in any pain." DUUH did anyone ask him if he was? And if he is ready to play and does, a few shots like Ngata's or Ihedigbo's or Kruger's against Leftwich should make him feel just fine. "Decimate what threatens me," Destroy everything(Hatebreed).

#14 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

The Texans will get theirs in due time, but that play was just hard to stomach.

#15 jek81791

jek81791

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

props to the guy for getting up and running, there is now a logical example of playing until you hear the whistle, lol still sucks though

#16 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

i watched the Pats Jets game. Arrington laid a hit on that knocked the WR out cold and there was no flag thrown, not even a sniff of it. it was a helmet to helmet hit. it was way worse than the ed reed hit, and yet because it's the patriots, nothing was flagged. comon NFL, you have to stop favoring certain teams!

#17 DavidJGuyton

DavidJGuyton

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Since the Lions are an NFC team, and we lost to an NFC team (Eagles), a non-conference loss for the Texans yesterday wouldn't have put us ahead of them, we would only be tied.

But that doesn't mean I wasn't a Lions fan yesterday.

#18 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

@dwhravens

Are you talking about the hit where the Arrington helmet hit the receiver's chin? I wouldn't have called that either, it's football. Instead of more flags, lets get less flags for the Ravens.

#19 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

I hope Roethlisberger does play so we can knock him out for the rest of the season and put an end to the Sqeelers playoff hopes.
GO RAVENS

One should never "hope" to injure a guy making a living for his family so let's say I understand that you mean let's knock the squealers off and thereby their playoff hopes!

I think even though our's is the tougher schedule, we'll match them loss for loss if we drop one,... they'll find a way to drop one too!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#20 GoldRaven

GoldRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Okay here is the problem:

We are able to protect Eric Decosta from other teams by paying him GM money and protect him with that contract. So other teams can not touch him I got that!

So why the world could we not do the same for Rex Ryan or Chuck Pagano? Pay our great DC Head Coaching money and protect him with a contract.

There is no doubt in my mind that that the Colts stealing Chuck Pagano hurt this defense!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users