49 replies to this topic

#1 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

It's no secret that I want Norv Turner to replace Cam Cameron as our offensive coordinator. Norv is a great offensively minded coach who can't manage a game worth a lick (something he won't have to do as an OC). He runs the same system we do but is just flat out better than Cam at what he does. Norv is on the verge of being fired from San Diego and will most likely be looking for a job elsewhere. However, even if Norv was fired, our FO would have to want him and Harbs would have to sever ties with his man crush Cam Cam. I realize this is a stretch but a guy can still hope.

I thought I'd start a thread to post rumors and reports coming out of SD about Norv's status as the season progresses.

I must say, a loss to us this upcoming Sunday could be one of the final nails in Norv's coffin. All the more reason to hope for a Baltimore win.

Go Ravens!
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#2 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

That would be awesome. I wonder if Norv would take an OC job, or will he hold out for a head coaching gig?

Unfortunately, teams in the playoffs can't talk to prospective coaches until after the season is over. If we go deep into the playoffs (which of course we all hope), there's a good chance some other team will grab him.

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

#3 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

To be fair to Harbs, keeping Cam around had it's upside. You don't want to change your OC every season as you try to teach a rookie QB how to play the game in the pros. Just look what happened with Alex Smith with 49ers.
On the other hand Norv did have Rivers perform at a top tier QB level, which is something Cam never achieved with any of his QBs and that does include both Rivers and Brees.

bJNF689.jpg

#4 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Everyone knows Cam sucks except the front office. Bree's and Rivers became great after he left him.

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Go San Jose Sharks and Baltimore Orioles as well!!!

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Joe would thrive... Simply bc he is not an arogent person like Rivers and not stupid like he is

#6 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Joe would thrive... Simply bc he is not an arogent person like Rivers and not stupid like he is

Norv knows how to manage a QB's development and has experience with ALL Pro level running backs It just makes too much sense not to pursue if he is eventually canned.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#7 display name

display name

Ravenous Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,216 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

I hope.

The Raven, on 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM said:
"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

#8 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I can't stand Cams play calling... don't get me wrong.. but there's soo much that we don't execute well on offense... that is makes me wonder what's really going on.

#9 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,518 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

To be fair to Harbs, keeping Cam around had it's upside. You don't want to change your OC every season as you try to teach a rookie QB how to play the game in the pros. Just look what happened with Alex Smith with 49ers.
On the other hand Norv did have Rivers perform at a top tier QB level, which is something Cam never achieved with any of his QBs and that does include both Rivers and Brees.

To be fair, Cam only coached Rivers only started one season under Cam and it was his first as a starter. He did put respectable stats though. As Brees, he showed growth but he wasn't surrounded with the pass-catching talent he's had in NO during his time in SD.

Edited by Ed_Reed20, 23 November 2012 - 12:00 PM.

"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#10 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Norv Turner was one of the best guys in balancing the run and pass. He helped Ladanian Tomlinson and Ricky Williams be great. He is simply one of the best with offenses who have good quarterbacks and running backs. He would work wonders with Ray Rice and Flacco.

#11 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

It's no secret that I want Norv Turner to replace Cam Cameron as our offensive coordinator. Norv is a great offensively minded coach who can't manage a game worth a lick (something he won't have to do as an OC). He runs the same system we do but is just flat out better than Cam at what he does. Norv is on the verge of being fired from San Diego and will most likely be looking for a job elsewhere. However, even if Norv was fired, our FO would have to want him and Harbs would have to sever ties with his man crush Cam Cam. I realize this is a stretch but a guy can still hope.

I thought I'd start a thread to post rumors and reports coming out of SD about Norv's status as the season progresses.

I must say, a loss to us this upcoming Sunday could be one of the final nails in Norv's coffin. All the more reason to hope for a Baltimore win.

Go Ravens!

Things are looking good on this front! It'l ultimately come down to both front offices. Will SD finally run out of patience with Norv and will the Ravens front office run out of patience with Cam?! Cool sig, btw.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#12 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Things are looking good on this front! It'l ultimately come down to both front offices. Will SD finally run out of patience with Norv and will the Ravens front office run out of patience with Cam?! Cool sig, btw.

I agree. Some stars will have to align for things to go the way I hope but I'm staying optimistic!

And thanks for the compliment. Feel free to steal it if you want. Spread the gospel ;)

#13 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Chargers loss to the Bengals, come on San Diego just fire him already and get it over with!!!

#14 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,736 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Theres still one thing that has to be done; we still have to fire Cam.

0cf3ccf6-b431-48bd-a2a0-73b6e0108bc3_zps

#15 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm not the biggest fan of Norv, but I will take a trained monkey over Cam at this point. I'm more confident in the monkey knowing how to run a balanced game plan than Cam.

#16 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Norv can't game manage at all! Which will be good for his prospects as an OC somewhere; less and less teams will take a chance on hiring him as a HC.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#17 mhead66

mhead66

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

After yesterday, I think both possibilities became more likely.

On PTI, I heard Mike Wilbon say this evening that the #1 reason the Steelers beat the Ravens was CAM CAMERON.

Finally! A national sports commentator recognizes what the entire city of Baltimore has been saying for years - that Cam has been holding back our Offense and the development of Flacco. Wilbon said it was ridiculous that Rice didn't run at all in the 4th quarter.

Couple that with the crumbling Chargers, and I think this thread is closer to becoming a reality. If the Ravens quickly fade in the playoffs, I think both Cam and Pees are history... and the door will be open for Norv.

Personally, though - IF Norv is fired, I think there will be competition for his OC talents... he's well respected as a coordinator, even though not-so-much as a HC, IMO.

#18 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Next spring, we will look at "4th and 29" and "Charlie Batch-slapped" as the two moments that brought Norv Turner to us.

Mark my words, this will happen.

#19 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Next spring, we will look at "4th and 29" and "Charlie Batch-slapped" as the two moments that brought Norv Turner to us.

Mark my words, this will happen.

Cam: "my position is secured."
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#20 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Go Ravens!

With Cam locked up for two years I doubt it. However, I will say that I dont want Norv here.

Why? I simply don't like the Air Coryell system and I dont think it plays to our offenses strengths. If Norv is gonna come in here and try to instill a system rather than tailor one to our offense's strengths than is he really that much better than Cam (not questioning his credentials just the methodology). Whoever we bring in as the next OC has to tailor the gameplan and offense to the strengths of the offense. Instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, he has to be willing to cut our a square hole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users