Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 11/22: Thanksgiving Games Will Impact Ravens

50 posts in this topic

What?! Skip actually defends Ravens? Put down white flags, Browns. Reed not out of woods.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1122-Thanksgiving-Games-Will-Impact-Ravens/a14dcdde-124e-4ef5-b523-8cc93c75d984]View the full article[/url]

We won't beat them for a third time? When we have Home advantage in the playoffs, we'll see then. OH and I completely feel that Cleveland will win against pittsburgh, so much faith that I've beet five different friends that Cleveland will win.

Pittsburgh has never faced, josh gordon, brandon weeden and trent richardson, with richardson's toughness and brandon weedon throwin bombs to gordon, they can win this.

Stephen A Smith has admitted that hes a HUGE steelers fan thats why hes pounding his chest for the steelers in that video.And im about to just start calling this site AFCNorth.com.Im getting tired of asking them to stop writing about other teams.

[quote name='HomeoftheBRAVENS' timestamp='1353597495' post='1228540']
Stephen A Smith has admitted that hes a HUGE steelers fan thats why hes pounding his chest for the steelers in that video.And im about to just start calling this site AFCNorth.com.Im getting tired of asking them to stop writing about other teams.
[/quote]
I'd rather get actual news that isn't just about the Ravens than have some thing that the writers have to find to fill up space because they can't write about anyone else.

I wouldn't mind more frequent injury reports, though. Five defensive starters were limited yesterday, and one was out. Our starting tight ends were limited, and our #3 receiver was out. But we didn't hear a peep from the Ravens website.

Whatever. It's Thanksgiving. I want to keep my blood pressure down today. Enjoy the time off with friends and family, and maybe we'll be lucky enough to see the Texans and/or Patriots lose!

I guess someone forgot to tell stephen that our house is a nono for visiting teams lol. well here at 10:40 i say that both the pats and texans will loose today

I never thought that Skip would actually let go of his riding on the Steelers jock and actually give us some credit where credit is due.

Happy Thnsgiving to "ALL" my Ravens Comrades! Its clear alot of people didnt know about Rice's intentions! Glad we are up on it and Lamar needs to make the same "EFFFORT" he did in Blasting Double R. and just "Man Up"! If not, "Brush them Shoulders Off"! "Tweet" that Bernard Pollard could of Knock the Stuffin out that Mc muffin Sunday Night! See how far that goes! They Hate'en on the Ravens! Trying to make them look Dirty, First Ed Reeeed, now Double R.! Whom is next?

Happy Thanksgiving Raven Nation!!! I really hope the Lions and Jets win today..(almost sounds funny)

All kinds of weird stuff in that article.
I would typically chear for Houston, but I have to go with DET.
Go Jets and Cowboys!

I'm still mad that the Bills came close to beating the Pats, the Chiefs came close to beating the Steelers, the Jags came close to beating the Texans... AND none of them finished the job. (But the other teams are probably saying the same thing about us with the Cowboys, Chiefs, and Browns)

But since it's Thanksgiving I'm going to look at the positive and say I'm thankful that our guys don't have to play today. Eat up everyone.

Quite frank;y I couldn't care not one bit about what Bayless has to say. He is a complete hypocrite, and I'm pretty sure if you look up the word in the dictionary is picture is right next to it.

By The looks of it , The Pats Texans & Broncos are going to keep winning.. So, thats what we need to do. Keep Winning

Ed Reed should sit out for the next 3 games.He is playing through injuries and most needed for a playoff run than ever.If this guy gets another penalty,he could be out for 2 games?

First off, WHY would anyone that wants any credibility or respect in sports journalism care or pay attention to a non-athlete critic of athletes like Skip Bayless? I always wonder who in their right, or maybe with Ellison, not so right mind, would listen, watch, read or pay attention to anything that he says or writes? That said, the Ravens need the Lions to play well today and help a brother out and beat the, they must be tired because of what the Jags-THE JAGS, did to them, Texans. Batch coming to Baltimore, maybe, in a week, go get him too if the Steelers want to talk TRASH now! Nice to see Ray, who came from difficult economic circumstances here in New Rochelle giving back, he always has here in New Ro, down in Baltimore. Happy turkey apocalypse Baltimore! Eat more crab!

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1353597909' post='1228542']
I'd rather get actual news that isn't just about the Ravens than have some [profanity deleted] that the writers have to find to fill up space because they can't write about anyone else.

I wouldn't mind more frequent injury reports, though. Five defensive starters were limited yesterday, and one was out. Our starting tight ends were limited, and our #3 receiver was out. But we didn't hear a peep from the Ravens website.
[/quote]Those are probably those injuries not even worth reporting. Just doing it for the new injury report era. Go Ravens!!! :)

Just saw the lions first drive for a td, wish our O line could do some screen plays like them

I have the feeling tonight we'll be happy. At nfl.com I picked both the Texans and the Pats to lose. Not because I believe in wishful thinking, but I've got the feeling...

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1353607759' post='1228625']
I have the feeling tonight we'll be happy. At nfl.com I picked both the Texans and the Pats to lose. Not because I believe in wishful thinking, but I've got the feeling...

bio
[/quote]

Hope so.

Well the Lions are doing everything possible to lose the game including a TD that wasn't a TD for Houston! OT now, and I can only hope Houston loses!
As for the Patsies, they'll lose against the Jets.

The Texans should have lost. They got a free touchdown and got to keep possession in overtime instead of punting from deep in their own territory because of a phantom offsides call. Also, Jim Shwartz is a moron. He cost his team a TD by not knowing the rules, and who gives up a down to try a 47 yd field goal? Bad snaps don't happen that often, and even if there was a bad snap, you usually lose a lot of yds on those plays, which would have made the fg attempt well over 50 yds. They should have picked up a few yds on 3rd down and won the game.

To be honest, I don't care what those other teams do this weekend, as long as we do what we need to do then it doesn't matter.

[quote name='RavensBaltimore' timestamp='1353620667' post='1229029']
The Texans should have lost. They got a free touchdown and got to keep possession in overtime instead of punting from deep in their own territory because of a phantom offsides call. Also, Jim Shwartz is a moron. He cost his team a TD by not knowing the rules, and who gives up a down to try a 47 yd field goal? Bad snaps don't happen that often, and even if there was a bad snap, you usually lose a lot of yds on those plays, which would have made the fg attempt well over 50 yds. They should have picked up a few yds on 3rd down and won the game.
[/quote]

Agreed. Also Schuab threw the attempted screen pass right into Vanden bosh's hand which would have been game over. The Texans are getting a lot of breaks this year, but they are also playing some good football.

Note to Cam....crossing patterns work against agressive defenses like the Texans

Yeah, yall "FINALLY" beat the Ravens! Next time the Ravens gonna "Knock The Stuffin Out Your Mc muffin"! Keep Talkin!

houston is catching all the breaks this season but there luck will run out. go ravens jets chiefs and browns

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We really need to tear up the Chargers on Sunday. Regardless, getting a bye will be nice for a change this year.

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1353631108' post='1229104']
houston is catching all the breaks this season but there luck will run out. go ravens jets chiefs and browns
[/quote]
Yeah, Detroit seems like they need a new coach. They should have won that game at home. A new coach would install more discipline with that bunch.

the lions failed us due to their inability to put the texans away. this is why the Ravens CAN'T depend on any other teams to help them BUT they have to take care of their own business. win on Sunday fellas!

~Mili

the only thing that the texans Victory showed me is how to go neck and neck with awful teams ,and how much the officials are favoring them ,hence the runner was down and they gave them a touchdown or it would have been long over with.

No thanks to the refs in Detroit and the Lions and now the Jets look like the Jets. It just became 14-0 Patriots. I can already here in MORONS in the media, nationally but especially here in NY calling for Tejoke. Enough with Tejoke! And now it just became 21-0 Patriots. I had better type faster or it might become 28-0. Oh god the media will start with the Tebum nonsense again, especially Skip Worthless!

The Texans and Patriots won because they have QB's that know how to go on the road and win. They don't use crowd noise an excuse. They get out there and play the game. People on here complaining about the texans getting favoritism from the refs, well the same thing happen to the ravens a couple of times this year. Detroit took Arian Foster away and Matt Schaub got the job done, Brady was playing with two of his starting lineman and the best tightend in the NFL and still put up crazy numbers. That what elite QB's do though, they don't got out and lay goose eggs.

The Pats like to run up the score on their opponents. Leaving Brady in the game with 3 and 4 TDs ahead. Unprofessional and not a class act. You can wipe Brady's boots all you want but to me he is a punk who must get more everything to best everyone. Go Ravens.

[quote name='steelraven' timestamp='1353666110' post='1229375']
The Texans and Patriots won because they have QB's that know how to go on the road and win. They don't use crowd noise an excuse. They get out there and play the game. People on here complaining about the texans getting favoritism from the refs, well the same thing happen to the ravens a couple of times this year. Detroit took Arian Foster away and Matt Schaub got the job done, Brady was playing with two of his starting lineman and the best tightend in the NFL and still put up crazy numbers. [u][b]That what elite QB's do though, they don't got out and lay goose eggs.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

i agree 100%

[quote name='FloridalovesRavens' timestamp='1353669945' post='1229378']
[u][b]The Pats like to run up the score on their opponents. Leaving Brady in the game with 3 and 4 TDs ahead. Unprofessional and not a class act. [/b][/u]You can wipe Brady's boots all you want but to me he is a punk who must get more everything to best everyone. Go Ravens.
[/quote]

so what? really? i couldn't careless about teams "running up" the score. this the NFL not the college, pee-wee, junior or minor leagues. smh! this is where the grown men play and if teams can't handle that then oh well.

~Mili

[quote name='steelraven' timestamp='1353666110' post='1229375']
The Texans and Patriots won because they have QB's that know how to go on the road and win. They don't use crowd noise an excuse. They get out there and play the game. People on here complaining about the texans getting favoritism from the refs, well the same thing happen to the ravens a couple of times this year. Detroit took Arian Foster away and Matt Schaub got the job done, Brady was playing with two of his starting lineman and the best tightend in the NFL and still put up crazy numbers. That what elite QB's do though, they don't got out and lay goose eggs.
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Arian had over 100 yards, and two TDs... Did you watch the game? As for Brady.... He had time, PLENTY of time. What are you even talking about? Brady has had one of the best lines in football, his whole career. Also, Pats players are system players. Hernandez , can do the same things Gronk does. Hernandez just hasn't been healthy.

The Ravens' biggest issues are 1.)Cam Cameron 2.) the offensive line 3.)Ed Dickson sucks ... and that's just the offensive side of the ball.

Steelraven, when the Pats and Texans go to Heinz field and win against the top defense, THEN you can call Flacco on his team's goose egg. If you want division-winning football, appreciate the process. If not, you can go "appreciate" the Arena League, I guess.

@BigDawgG,granted they do have issues,but I'll take 9-2 any way I can get it.How many teams can say they're 9-2 and still haven't played their best ball yet,still have to improve,still can get better,usually when some one says they have to get better their record stinks!

ps: I rather be 9-2 looking to get better as opposed to 2-9 looking to end the season!