Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhstandard

How bad was Frank Walker?

58 posts in this topic

I didn't start watching football intently until the 2010 season. I always hear his name brought up. How bad was he? Compared to guys like Fabian Washington or Cary Williams?

So bad that by saying his name, you just made our secondary worse.

Yes, its possible.

I just threw up, but missed the toilet cause I didnt get my head around in time. Instead, I grabbed it before I was in position and it totally threw off the timing.

I was flagged!

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1353551168' post='1228341']
I didn't start watching football intently until the 2010 season. I always hear his name brought up. How bad was he? Compared to guys like Fabian Washington or Cary Williams?
[/quote]
Horrible. Twice against Minnesota in 2009 he did PI on Sidney Rice and he STILL caught the ball. He was a penalty machine, and still couldn't cover a guy.
He was innept.
Edit: We also had Corey Ivy, Fox, and Fabian at times while we had this guy. Our secondary could really get ugly at times.

[/quote]

I always called him "P.I." since he was good for one or two a game, it seemed like. Cary Williams is an average corner, Fabian Washington had a decent season in 08 when he first got here. With Walker, if a receiver wasn't blowing by him it was because Walker got called for a P.I.

PI anytime he was thrown at. It's one thing to get beat, but to grab the WR, and he still makes the catch?!? WOW... Frank Walker might be the worst player we ever had. Worse then Boller and Dan Cody combined!!!! Be happy you never had the misfortune of seeing him play!!!

Let's just say that if Frank Walker ever decides to turn to MMA, all of his victories will come by way of the armbar.

You forgot Dominque Foxworth

That whole secondary was atrocious

It's the reason why we Ravens fan are so paranoid about secondary.

[/quote]
Oneil Cousins' nickname was "EZ Pass". We nicknamed Frank Walker "Pass Interference".

But, you want proof? Okay.

[url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Penalties-Mar-Monday-Night/F6836383-3455-41D1-933F-D2B1A442491C"]http://www.baltimore...3F-D2B1A442491C[/url]

Also, all you need to know is Fabian Washington was rightfully ahead of him on the depth chart.

Yes.

This is how I would describe Frank Walker

[img]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad120/harui-chan/angry_1.gif[/img]

Shhhh.... He is now refered to he who must not be named.... He made me want to kill myself at times. He makes Cary look like an all pro

The PI's he got wernt the subtle or debateable penalties.
They were clear, blaitent, and obvious.

Frank Walker made Washington and Ivy look like All-Pro cover corners. At least Washington was fast; Walker was slow and he was a punk. He started a lot of fights after the play and he was barely average in run support for all that he tried to be a physical player.

To be fair, He really stepped up his play in the playoffs.

Yes, his regular season play was hot garbage, but he helped us out when we were down and out with injuries. I will always respect him for that.

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1353555053' post='1228387']
This is how I would describe Frank Walker

[img]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad120/harui-chan/angry_1.gif[/img]
[/quote]

This.

This thread. Winning.

Frank Walker is so bad that [insert funny unique burn that describes his horrible play].

The Yellow Flag man himself. If yourever find yourself buying game rewind watch the 09 season. The good game to get an understanding of how bad he was was against the Vikings. He made Cary Williams look like Chris McAlister. Hold on you started watching in 10. I guess Antonio Cromartie. He was serviceable when Rex Ryan was here but atrocious after.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1353551419' post='1228349']
So bad that by saying his name, you just made our secondary worse.

Yes, its possible.
[/quote]

He's so bad this is actually a possibility if any of our corners read his thread. Seriously, mods, shut this one down.

He was so bad that our favorite nickname for him can't even be posted in these forums. I'd have to drop a warning on myself (even though the software would probably bleep it).

Frank was so bad that he kept a yellow flag in his back pocket to throw if the officials didn't throw theirs for pass interference .

I saw a clip of him recently talking himself up at cowboys training camp, talking about how he runs a high 4.3 forty at his age and stuff, and veteran capabilities. God I hate it when guys are brutal, but still think they're the bees knees...

That 2009 secondary was the worst in recent memory and Frank Walker was a huge factor. The guy did pass interference on every play and didn't seem surprised when he would get flagged. Thinking of that '09 secondary still gives me cold sweats.

The "human PI".
As mentioned, he did make some good plays during the post season.
Even if he had perfect position, he would just reach out and interfere. Extremely frustrating.

Before we have our turkey meal I just thought I'd say why are we talking about a player who has not not be on the Ravens in over 4 years and when he was it was not for a long time?

[quote name='baltravens' timestamp='1353605559' post='1228608']
Before we have our turkey meal I just thought I'd say why are we talking about a player who has not not be on the Ravens in over 4 years and when he was it was not for a long time?
[/quote]

1. Because we can.

2. For the lolz.

Frank Walker the walking Pass Interference waiting to ruin the game. Frank Walker was so bad I kept hoping Ray Lewis would just tackle him and knock him out the game for us. I preferred Corey Ivy even Chris Carr over Frank Walker any day.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1353610493' post='1228644']
1. Because we can.

2. For the lolz.
[/quote]
Yep.....

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1353603321' post='1228583']
Legend has it he once he drew a PI flag before the ball was even snapped.
[/quote]

Lol this one FTW!

Hold up, hold up. He was good once the playoffs started. For some reason once the games meant something he could actually play within the rules. Remember Walker against the pats that year?

[quote name='EdReedFTW' timestamp='1353619208' post='1228925']
Hold up, hold up. He was good once the playoffs started. For some reason once the games meant something he could actually play within the rules. Remember Walker against the pats that year?
[/quote]

Brady was gunshy that day.

True, Brady was pretty flustered because the pass rush got to him that day. But you know Walker on a bad day didnt even have to be near a play to get a flag. He was playing hard and well in the playoffs.

If this thread was made after the Texans game debacle I would've forgotten about the loss. This could go down as one of the best in a while.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1353603321' post='1228583']
Legend has it he once he drew a PI flag before the ball was even snapped.
[/quote]

LMAO! Bravo! This should be nominated for post of the year.

FW was....[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n636/thunderlounge/turrible2.jpg[/IMG]

~Mili

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1353610493' post='1228644']
1. Because we can.

2. For the lolz.
[/quote]
Any better answers? (Yawn).

[/quote]

Let me put it to you this way: Frank Walker was to cornerback as cats are to playing the banjo.

Ironically he played like a champ in the playoffs. He was solid come post season. Regular season he was soft as a marshmallow

Frank Walker got off the bus causing pass interference. When he put his helmet on he got flagged preemptively. Very costly penalties too!