16 replies to this topic

#1 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,539 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Just finished playing through the last episode. This game is by far one of the best I've played in recent memory. The character development is nothing short of outstanding. The story is powerful, and while deeply saddening at times, incredibly moving. It's different than most, being a decision-based game, where choices matter. The game is a little reminiscent to that of Heavy Rain. I would recommend this game to anyone and everyone. It's a downloadable on both the PS3 and the 360. I also believe that it's available on PC as well.

Posted Image

#2 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just finished playing through the last episode. This game is by far one of the best I've played in recent memory. The character development is nothing short of outstanding. The story is powerful, and while deeply saddening at times, incredibly moving. It's different than most, being a decision-based game, where choices matter. The game is a little reminiscent to that of Heavy Rain. I would recommend this game to anyone and everyone. It's a downloadable on both the PS3 and the 360. I also believe that it's available on PC as well.

How many episodes now? I believe I played a bit of this a few months back. Do you move around or is it kinda like a Choose-Your-Adventure book....looks like comic cells?

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#3 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,539 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

How many episodes now? I believe I played a bit of this a few months back. Do you move around or is it kinda like a Choose-Your-Adventure book....looks like comic cells?

They just released the 5th one yesterday, which is the final installment, but there is apparently supposed to be a Season 2. And you can definitely move around.

Posted Image

#4 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

How faithful is the game to the show/comic?

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#5 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

How faithful is the game to the show/comic?

The story focuses on a completely new character. There are some familiar characters, that appear and you visit atleast one location, that was seen in the comic/show, but for the most part it's an original story in the Walking Dead universe.

bJNF689.jpg

#6 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

AMAZING game is amazing. If it doesn't win game of the year, I'll be really disappointed.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#7 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

The story focuses on a completely new character. There are some familiar characters, that appear and you visit atleast one location, that was seen in the comic/show, but for the most part it's an original story in the Walking Dead universe.

Beat me to it. Thanks for clarifying it for him.

Posted Image

#8 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,539 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

AMAZING game is amazing. If it doesn't win game of the year, I'll be really disappointed.

Agreed. I was just somewhat disappointed in the ending, but that's more-so because I was hoping for it to be a little less linear. However, I understand the reasoning behind it, since there will be a second season and they needed a firm starting point. Plus, its execution was flawless.

Posted Image

#9 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

It won Game of the Year at the VGAs! very well deserved

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#10 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Kinda disappointed Borderlands 2 didnt win it but I wont complain considering this isnt a giant blockbuster game.

#11 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Haven't played any of these but I've seen a lot of good reviews for them. I have Telltale's Jurassic Park: The Game and Back To the Future and they are both pretty similar to this as I understand it: Heavy rain-esque QTEs and puzzle solving wrapped into a character driven interactive movie. I would recommend both of these other Telltale titles as well, especially if you are a fan of either franchise and the prices aren't bad either. I like The Walking Dead, but I am not an avid follower of the franchise so maybe I can get around to these sometime soon.

#12 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Watched/Played the last one a few days ago. Fantastic! Nothing short of fantastic!

#13 EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Started and finished all of the episodes a couple of days ago. Definitely one of the best in awhile as far as storylines go. Not too many games can hit you on an emotional level but this game is one of those games. Also, the game makes you think about what you want to do and what you want to say to people and actually makes you care about what you do. That dispels nothing but excellence.

It's one of the best experiences that one could experience this year but it wouldn't get my GOTY vote, however. The story is captivating but as far as gameplay goes pointing and clicking does not make for a fun gameplay experience in my opinion. Felt barely like a game and more like an interactive T.V. show. Also, no matter what decisions you make along the way, you're still lead down one path that's going to end the exact same way every single time you play the game so while you do feel emotional weight on what choices you choose, it doesn't make the outcome any different. It's a good illusion of choice but you still feel like you're more along for the ride more so than you are making the ride your own.

Story of the year, yes. But GOTY? That still goes to Far Cry 3 for me.

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.."-- EAP

CJ_Mosley.jpg

#14 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

I actually picked this game up used, played the first episode yesterday... I really hope there is more to it than the first episode let on to, because if this is it... what a waste of money...

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#15 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

I actually picked this game up used, played the first episode yesterday... I really hope there is more to it than the first episode let on to, because if this is it... what a waste of money...

Should have played the demo dude!  That's what I thought after the demo, so I never bought it.  From what everyone says, the story is great, but I'm definitely not into the "point and click" type of games.

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

#16 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Should have played the demo dude!  That's what I thought after the demo, so I never bought it.  From what everyone says, the story is great, but I'm definitely not into the "point and click" type of games.

Now you tell me.

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#17 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Now you tell me.

Confusius say, "If demo is available, always play before purchasing full game."

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."