Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] AFC Playoff Picture Overview

55 posts in this topic

The Ravens are in the driver's seat in the division, here’s a look at the AFC overall.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/AFC-Playoff-Picture-Overview/daf7a355-510e-42cf-8647-5d68954ca5d7]View the full article[/url]

One game at a time. At this point in the season nothing can be taken for granted. We need to just keep moving along in the right direction.

Question: what happens if Texans, Ravens, Broncos and Pats all finish 12-4 and for that Ravens beat Broncos and Pats beat Texans? we would lose direct tie-breaker to Texans, who would lose it to Pats, who would lose it to us? Is the conference record the next tie-breaker in this scenario?

@horus13corvineus- The tiebreaker when it comes to non-divisional teams is strength of schedule i believe

[quote name='jboy19' timestamp='1353514699' post='1227921']
@horus13corvineus- The tiebreaker when it comes to non-divisional teams is strength of schedule i believe
[/quote]
It is my understanding that it comes down to conference records, as mentioned in the end of his post.
I could be wrong.

Why does everyone keep saying that the loss to New England shows the Colts have a lot of growing up to do? Clunkers do happen-- every now and again a good team will lay an egg; a big egg. Now I'm not saying the Colts are a finished product, neither am I saying they are not. I am just saying the point used to buttress the argument is flawed on so many levels. A New England team that won a Superbowl in 2003 got their doors blown off by the Buffalo Bills in week one; score-- 31 - zero! That team went on to win 14 of 15 regular season games and then the Superbowl. Guys please stop using one game as a decider of how good... or bad a team is.

@hourus13corvineus

Easiest way to explain is to give you this link.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures"]http://www.nfl.com/s...akingprocedures[/url]

Denver is the most dangerous team in the playoffs. The Ravens have always had trouble beating Peyton Manning. Hopefully the Ravens do not have to play him.

My glasses have a tint but are not "rose-colored rah-rah"!

The chances of us running the table are remote given the teams and talent we face and where we face them (3 'away' games),... but if we "hold serve" at home and get one AFC win in an enemy camp then we should be "good to go" with a Bye and home field!

We have the toughest schedule, but the Ravens are better when things seem hardest. I can see us beating NY, Pitt, and Denver at home so 13-3 is realistic.

GO RAVENS!

I'd like to see us at least only drop one more loss, and go 13-3 for only the second time in franchise history. I know we face some tough opponents, and have our road issues. But we've been playing great (for the most part) at home, and our upcoming home opponents are tougher than our road ones. If it wasn't for that fake ref overturn of Jones' second TD in Philly, we'd be 9-1 right now. So we'll see what happens.

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1353514329' post='1227914']
Question: what happens if Texans, Ravens, Broncos and Pats all finish 12-4 and for that Ravens beat Broncos and Pats beat Texans? we would lose direct tie-breaker to Texans, who would lose it to Pats, who would lose it to us? Is the conference record the next tie-breaker in this scenario?
[/quote]have some fun and go on [url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine"]http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine[/url] and you can pick how the season ends. The site will give you the playoff scenarios as you pick each game. I used this site last year and it is fun to play with from week to week.

We have beaten 3 of he 4 playoff teams who we have faced so far this year
1. Patriots
2. Sqeelers
3. Cowboys

Losing only to the Texans

If you include the Bungoles inthe playoff picture we have won 4 or 5 !

That is a good sign heading into the meat of our schedule and the playoffs!
and we have not even peaked yet! (or come close)

I think that Houston will go 4-2 the rest of the way finishing and 13-3
We have a good shot at finishing 12-4 again
Denver 4-2 to close at 11-5
Pats 3-3 to finish at 10-6
Sqeelers 3-3 / 9-7
and Colts 3-3 / 9-7

Bungoles could realistically finish 9-7 also>>>

So we should be sitting pretty if we take care of our end... and a litle help with Houston would be great!

[quote name='Purple City Bird Gang' timestamp='1353517920' post='1227967']
Wouldn't it be great if we win out!? It's possible
[/quote]I think we can do it also. The hardest game left is this week because it a West Coast trip against a team that crushed us last year. I know SD does not look great right now, but I feel if we win this week we will win out. We have 3 tough games at home, but we DO NOT loose at home!!! The Redskins is like a home game and we seem to play our best away games when going against our own division.

yeah SD is the only game giving me the jitters... JJ might want to put on a show... but I hope the Ravens players still have that bitter taste in their mouth from last year If we win this week.. it should be semi-smooth sailing from there...

If we get the number one seed we will be in the Super Bowl with the way we have been playing at home I don't see anybody winning at the bank,

WOW! I didn't realize that everyone has it tough. All hard schedules outside of Denver. Glad we got most of our division games out of the way.

If we get Home Field watch out ,We play a hard 2nd Half ,but we played a even harder 1st half of the season ,looking at this with everyone being banged up at this point in the year in certain areas and with us emerging finally in certain areas we have not ,we control our own destiny ,to be honest of all the playoff teams we have the hardest schedule,however no Game in the Nfl is Guaranteed esp with the injuries ,i expect us to fight ,with our road Record tho i think everyone will agree we need Houston to slip up and we need the Home Field.