99 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,845 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Who Is Ted Cottrell? Reed: This isn't over. NFL should adopt NHL rules. Power rankings.

View the full article

#2 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

LaMarr Woodley is great player, well spoken and a nice guy too. But he's soft and about as intimidating as a baby panda.

Posted Image

GRRR I'M GON GIT YOU RAY RICE

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

#3 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hey Lamar...the only time I put my hands on a terrible towel, is when I use it to wipe myself. Now it has a TERRIBLE skid mark. Tell your ignorant, obnoxious fans not to throw those extremely played out terrible towels at the visiting team.

And you're not gonna do jack, punk. You're coming to our house in almost two weeks. YOU WILL NOT WIN.

Oh, and you SUCK!

#4 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

If Christian Thompson is on IR now (which I had no idea about), why is Brown only on the practice squad? We have 3 safeties on the active roster that I know of: Reed, Pollard, and Ihdegibo. Who took Thompson's active roster spot?

Towels are not sacred, there is no mystical karma about a mass-produced piece of cloth. They are normally used for cleaning and drying. If the Steelers want to wave their towels to make themselves feel better, that's their freedom and right to do so. But the other 31 teams have no such equivalent that I know of, got no problem with Ray using one to wipe the sweat from his brow in a hard fought victory.

#5 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

And shut up, Jamie Dukes. Your teeth are so big, when you sneezed, you bit a hole in your chest.

#6 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

If Christian Thompson is on IR now (which I had no idea about), why is Brown only on the practice squad? We have 3 safeties on the active roster that I know of: Reed, Pollard, and Ihdegibo. Who took Thompson's active roster spot?

Towels are not sacred, there is no mystical karma about a mass-produced piece of cloth. They are normally used for cleaning and drying. If the Steelers want to wave their towels to make themselves feel better, that's their freedom and right to do so. But the other 31 teams have no such equivalent that I know of, got no problem with Ray using one to wipe the sweat from his brow in a hard fought victory.

Don't forget Considine.

As for the fine. I still say the NFL handed down a huge penalty as a statement and then downgraded it to a fine because the knew they could get away with it without looking like they don't care about safety. Fines being tax deductible seems absolutely ridiculous to me btw. Are speeding tickets tax deductible, too? What if your pay gets docked at work for messing up?

#7 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Mike Florio downgrades the Ravens for beating the "hapless" "Ben-less" Steelers? I don't know if that is more a slight to the Ravens or the Steelers. The Ravens were without future HOF LB Ray Lewis, one of the 5 best CBs in the league in Lardarius Webb, their other starting CB and first rounder Jimmy Smith, their best tight end Dennis Pitta... Three linebackers that played huge roles were previously undrafted free agents... Haloti Ngata played on one healthy leg and with one good shoulder... All of this and the Ravens are supposed to apologize for beating the "vaunted" Steelers at Heinz Field? So if the Ravens lost would all of these "tools for the incompetent" (thanks Mike Tomlin) be considered in an effort to cut the Ravens some slack and give them a pass for failure? I don't think so!

#8 gametime

gametime

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Defense looked good....I still think we should have kept Danny Gorrer on the team.....and where is Bobby Rainey.......

#9 dc5bundy

dc5bundy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Don't forget Considine.

As for the fine. I still say the NFL handed down a huge penalty as a statement and then downgraded it to a fine because the knew they could get away with it without looking like they don't care about safety. Fines being tax deductible seems absolutely ridiculous to me btw. Are speeding tickets tax deductible, too? What if your pay gets docked at work for messing up?

I think you're absolutely right .. I said this yesterday, I'm not sure if it saved or not. Someone said they "tried" to use Reed as a scapegoat and I believe they did just that. They showed you they don't care who you are, how bad of a hit it was, and how far back in time they will go back to suspend whoever.

The appeal process is just as much of a joke as giving out the suspension in the first place.

#10 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Mike Florio: So should the Ravens feel good or bad about beating the hapless, Ben-less Steelers by three points?

Um, Mike, should the Steelers feel good for scoring one lucky touchdown, which came after a horrible P.I. call, against a defense riddled with injuries to players like: Ray Lewis, L.Webb, J.Smith, Terrence Cody, Pernell McPhee? Oh, and Ngata is playing injured too.

Figures the excuses would come from Mike Florio. No surprise here, considering he's been waving his terrible towel for a few years now.

#11 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,382 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

LaMarr Woodley needs to grow up! Crying over a tea towel, really.... typical Steeler...

#12 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Man...the Steelers would be really mad if they saw what I do with a terrible towel!

GO RAVENS!

#13 KindleFire

KindleFire

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Have to admit I don't like cockiness. Ray Rice, Cary Williams, and Jimmy Smith come to mind. A good play speaks for itself. Ray Rice didn't have a good enough game to warrant him draping towel over his head. Coach, please make sure these guys stay humble.

#14 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Mike Florio downgrades the Ravens for beating the "hapless" "Ben-less" Steelers? I don't know if that is more a slight to the Ravens or the Steelers. The Ravens were without future HOF LB Ray Lewis, one of the 5 best CBs in the league in Lardarius Webb, their other starting CB and first rounder Jimmy Smith, their best tight end Dennis Pitta... Three linebackers that played huge roles were previously undrafted free agents... Haloti Ngata played on one healthy leg and with one good shoulder... All of this and the Ravens are supposed to apologize for beating the "vaunted" Steelers at Heinz Field? So if the Ravens lost would all of these "tools for the incompetent" (thanks Mike Tomlin) be considered in an effort to cut the Ravens some slack and give them a pass for failure? I don't think so!

Perfect

#15 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Defense looked good....I still think we should have kept Danny Gorrer on the team.....and where is Bobby Rainey.......

Gorrer was claimed off waiver by Bucs after being cut by Seahawks and Rainey is on IR

#16 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

The only people who earned the right to mock the Steelers are Paul Kruger and Corey Graham.

#17 Brianj52

Brianj52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

When I lived in Pittsburgh, I remember going to a house party with my steelers friends and dropping a terrible towel down the toilet, only to reveal the morning after, the worse toilet clog ever reported on Howe Street. I turned out fine. There is no curse.

#18 You gets Ngata

You gets Ngata

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Run Pierce more.....esp in the short yardage plays where Rice goes down with a gust of wind.

#19 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

I admit, as much as I hate the Steelers, I think we were a little classless in that terrible towel jester. But if you want to be a bad sport you may as well do it against them Pittsburg bumbs. Ive done worst things with that yellow peice of junk.

#20 respecttheRaven

respecttheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

I can't say that it doesn't bother me when we don't get credit where some is due, because it does. Yes, our team has some issues, but even with all our struggles on the field we have won game's that some said we shouldn't. Some say our team is lucky, that may be true, but I say our team has a lot of heart and pride. They have earned their 8-2 record with blood sweat and tear's. I am so proud of our Raven's this year considering all of the adversities we have had to overcome. JMHO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users