Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ed Reed Wins Suspension Appeal

105 posts in this topic

The veteran safety will not miss Sunday’s game against the Chargers.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ed-Reed-Wins-Suspension-Appeal/e61ec944-ed3f-4b3f-9b3e-68f9d7a55cf5]View the full article[/url]

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Thank You God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the NFL is acting like a bad elementury school teacher.

anyway, get 5 INTs from Rivers this Sunday, Ed, you'll probably get the 50K back, lol

In all seriousness, lets get the order of things straight - the NFL didn't really change their viewpoint, this was because of the independent arbitrator. This was a key component of the NFLPA's demands in the last CBA and it just worked as intended for them.

Hmmm... I was more than sceptical about the appeal - I was sure it wouldn't work.

Glad I was wrong.

bio

@TheSim You're right but I've heard theories that the NFL lobbied for the suspension because they knew it was ridiculous and wouldn't survive arbitration. The idea being they could send a message while keeping from unjustly punishing a player. Not sure I believe all that but it's what i heard.

Ed, this is a bit much for a fan to say but I'll go ahead :

Earmark Nov 20 as a day to remember.
When the off-season rolls around, know the Ravens stepped up to support you.
You didn't have to say a word.

Good to have that behind us ...

Now let's get ready to beat those Chargers ...

Oh yea, and I predict that Ed Reed will REALLY show everyone
on Sunday how the game is to be played!!!
I think that the Ravens Nation should take up a collection to help pay the fine!!! :-)

Luv ya Ed ... Sorry about the $50K fine ... Go Ravens!!!

I didn't think Ed had much of a chance on appeal, but I'm glad to see that I was wrong. Ted Cottrell did a good job realizing that in all of those plays Ed was aimed at the body before the receiver shifted position. The Sanders hit was the one closest to dirty, and even that was a far cry from headhunting.

With Ed Reed out there I guess I'd better make sure to move Phillip Rivers to the bench in my fantasy lineup.

Phillip Rivers just said "profanity Deleted".

Now let's get another appeal for the 50K, drop it to 20k, Reed's above the neck hits are misdemeanors, not the felonious type.

Maybe the system isn't stacked against the players. Or better yet, maybe this suspension was meant to be overturned and had the sole purpose of putting the rest of the league on notice (since Ed is such a high profile guy). Either way, very good news!!!!

I like that the arbitrator assigned to review the appeal was a former NFL defensive coach. It was more of a jury of peers rather than an out of touch official in a suit. Now Ed can do his thing against the pick throwing machine that is Phillip Rivers!

Thank You. Justice Is Served....

ESPN finally did notable worthwhile Work... Thank you M. Golic, D. Woodson, CC and others backing up REED and his record of clean Respectful, technically sound play in slamming this Bogus 1 GAME Suspension on G.O.A.T. FS all time #20

Every big hit ED REED ever Makes, is not made with malicious intent. He plays the game with respect for the game, and for the players.. and he is not a known head hunter nor is anybody on the Ravens.

He lead with his shoulder as always, technically sound big hit technique, and he's playing with 1 arm.

Thank you God for making the right call Mr. Ted we know that Ed knocked his helmet to his helmet but but no pay plus he cannot play for a game Heck you acted like he was trying to kill the the guy thank you for the right call. Now Ed go do what you do well go play some football.

I feel a little better now, but they where way out of line suspending him in the first place.

Someone earlier asked why us fans are defending Reed, well that's what we do when someone has loyally defended our backfield for 10 years. We would defend him via satellite with Ed Reed highlights playing in the background if we could, lol.