41 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Despite all their injuries and flaws, the Ravens are 8-2 for the first time.

View the full article

#2 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

This is awesome. I AM JACK-UP!
I think our record is being overshadowed by the many injuries we have had to our stars. Lastly, as usual, Cam is holding the offense back. I am seriously thinking about Norv Turner in the offseason.

Edited by baltravens, 20 November 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#3 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

It's not a surprise to the Ravens fans, but listen to the national pundits for the screaming sound of ..... crickets.

#4 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

There's nothing scarier than a team backed up against the wall, which is what San Diego is right now. They are playing for jobs and are very desperate right now. I love ther fact that we are off to such a good start, but we need to keep looking forward.

#5 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

That's the biggest mystery of NFL today: this is the best "start" of the Harbaugh era - and the worst streak of form (between weeks 4-9) of the Harbaugh era the same time.

Strange. Let's hope that it's just an excellent timing of form for the real tough part of the schedule.

bio

#6 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Keep piling em on!

#7 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Strange. So many fans were saying we would be lucky to be 5-5 at this point. What happened?
"Flacco got a hug from owner Bisciotti after game.. Flacco told him: “that felt good.. That was big”

That seems like it was worded wrong...

#8 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Shout out to the Baltimore Ravens.com writers they have really been putting in work the last 7 days!

#9 ravinmaniac52

ravinmaniac52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

"The Ravens still have issues ahead that will test them.
Part of it is a difficult remaining schedule all against teams in the playoff hunt."

I like this, good for the game, good for the Ravens to keep their game up!

#10 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Listen here folks. There is not a fan in the world likes the Ravens but there fans. That said knowbody wants us to win one game because we are who we are we have been for the past four years the best team pound for pound with a winning record. we are going where we have not been in eleven years and John is going to take us there so stop up your eyes turn your head block out the rest of the ney sayers it is on It starts from the top and it ends with John trust and believe the Ravens will be talk about badly but they will go this year and John will get us there.

#11 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

No Snivelling over here, I already knew and I just practice being "PATIENT"! Dean Pee's being upstairs if he was still up there did a good job also!

#12 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Harbs bought the "One Team" concept to us when Billick allowed cliches to form! He's been hamstrung by departing Defensive Coordinators yet had the coaches stay true to the Raven Way of defense!

He's still learning how to not lose a Conference Championship game,... and hasn't reigned in his O-Coordinator but he's our guy!

I believe his even-handed approach to coaching is perfect for our strong locker room!

#13 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Shout out to the Baltimore Ravens.com writers they have really been putting in work the last 7 days!

Theyve been writing mostly steelers articles for the past week.I wish they would put more work into ravens articles.

#14 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Theyve been writing mostly steelers articles for the past week.I wish they would put more work into ravens articles.

They have been writing a lot more than I usually see and getting the news here faster

#15 BmoreRavs

BmoreRavs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

If we hopefully we don't underestimate the Chargers, and sweep the Steelers at home, we could easily be 10-2 heading into perhaps the hardest part of our schedule. I really don't fancy a meeting with Peyton. We've never shut him down like we've done with Brady, and with our defense more suspect than usual, he should have no problem picking us apart again. Either way, we can beat any team, anytime at our best. The problem is just knowing how to do that game in and game out.

#16 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I don't know if we are growing in any way to be honest with you. We are supposed to improve game upon game in increments so we are ready come November and December, but here we are in November. The stats haven't improved, but we have continued to win!

I suppose the way we are playing doesn't inspire confidence in us, but, we are winning none the less. I think the defense is playing better when it counts. The offense plays well only at home though. I want to believe that we will get to at least 11 wins for the season which will get us to the playoffs. After that, we can only hope for the best!

#17 kbman

kbman

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

@ellicottraven - There is definite progress. Early on we struggled to beat the Chiefs and Browns. Struggling to beat the Steelers is definitely a step up.

#18 TheCityThatReeds20

TheCityThatReeds20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Did everyone really think flacco was going to put up 300 yards in pittsburgh? Has anyone who thought that watched football at all this year? Whether we like it or not, pitt has the number 1 defense and, in particular the number 1 against the pass.

Even as well as flacco has been at home I don't expect an outburst when they come to bmore. The sooner everyone realizes these games come down to the turnover battle. Regardless of individual stats, Flacco did not turn the ball over and leftwich threw a pick and there was a fumble. Ravens win and thats the story. Don't ever think going into a pitt-bmore game there will be any "fantasy" stars bc real fans understand this is a physical rivalry.

#19 JimA3_3

JimA3_3

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I think most Fans want to see another Pitt blow out like last years opener. I know I do. But that game was a fluke... Pitt wasn't ready for the Reaping we put on them...
And games like that are a fluke. Yes and a fun fluke, but you can't expect that kind of game.. just enjoy them when they come.

We will keep getting better ! and I don't expect one coming against the Chargers.. remember Cam was O-coordinator out there once and they know a bit of what to expect.
Cam's job this week is to reinvent our play calling to keep them off balance. And our D to play a better game then last time.

Go Ravens #1

#20 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

that yards per game stat is so unimportant, so overblown. Its points per game and points allowed per game that count and theres no one better in the red zone than us. THATS where the game is won as long as we dont let them behind us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users