Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Off To Best Start Under John Harbaugh

42 posts in this topic

Despite all their injuries and flaws, the Ravens are 8-2 for the first time.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Off-To-Best-Start-Under-John-Harbaugh-/35458472-bd04-40d9-81c3-ac472b9a7a11]View the full article[/url]

This is awesome. I AM JACK-UP!
I think our record is being overshadowed by the many injuries we have had to our stars. Lastly, as usual, Cam is holding the offense back. I am seriously thinking about Norv Turner in the offseason.

It's not a surprise to the Ravens fans, but listen to the national pundits for the screaming sound of ..... crickets.

There's nothing scarier than a team backed up against the wall, which is what San Diego is right now. They are playing for jobs and are very desperate right now. I love ther fact that we are off to such a good start, but we need to keep looking forward.

That's the biggest mystery of NFL today: this is the best "start" of the Harbaugh era - and the worst streak of form (between weeks 4-9) of the Harbaugh era the same time.

Strange. Let's hope that it's just an excellent timing of form for the real tough part of the schedule.

bio

"The Ravens still have issues ahead that will test them.
Part of it is a difficult remaining schedule all against teams in the playoff hunt."

I like this, good for the game, good for the Ravens to keep their game up!

Listen here folks. There is not a fan in the world likes the Ravens but there fans. That said knowbody wants us to win one game because we are who we are we have been for the past four years the best team pound for pound with a winning record. we are going where we have not been in eleven years and John is going to take us there so stop up your eyes turn your head block out the rest of the ney sayers it is on It starts from the top and it ends with John trust and believe the Ravens will be talk about badly but they will go this year and John will get us there.

No Snivelling over here, I already knew and I just practice being "PATIENT"! Dean Pee's being upstairs if he was still up there did a good job also!

Harbs bought the "One Team" concept to us when Billick allowed cliches to form! He's been hamstrung by departing Defensive Coordinators yet had the coaches stay true to the Raven Way of defense!

He's still learning how to not lose a Conference Championship game,... and hasn't reigned in his O-Coordinator but he's our guy!

I believe his even-handed approach to coaching is perfect for our strong locker room!

[quote name='Purple City Bird Gang' timestamp='1353448632' post='1227516']
Shout out to the Baltimore Ravens.com writers they have really been putting in work the last 7 days!
[/quote]

Theyve been writing mostly steelers articles for the past week.I wish they would put more work into ravens articles.

[quote name='HomeoftheBRAVENS' timestamp='1353450517' post='1227545']
Theyve been writing mostly steelers articles for the past week.I wish they would put more work into ravens articles.
[/quote]They have been writing a lot more than I usually see and getting the news here faster

If we hopefully we don't underestimate the Chargers, and sweep the Steelers at home, we could easily be 10-2 heading into perhaps the hardest part of our schedule. I really don't fancy a meeting with Peyton. We've never shut him down like we've done with Brady, and with our defense more suspect than usual, he should have no problem picking us apart again. Either way, we can beat any team, anytime at our best. The problem is just knowing how to do that game in and game out.

I don't know if we are growing in any way to be honest with you. We are supposed to improve game upon game in increments so we are ready come November and December, but here we are in November. The stats haven't improved, but we have continued to win!

I suppose the way we are playing doesn't inspire confidence in us, but, we are winning none the less. I think the defense is playing better when it counts. The offense plays well only at home though. I want to believe that we will get to at least 11 wins for the season which will get us to the playoffs. After that, we can only hope for the best!

@ellicottraven - There is definite progress. Early on we struggled to beat the Chiefs and Browns. Struggling to beat the Steelers is definitely a step up.

Did everyone really think flacco was going to put up 300 yards in pittsburgh? Has anyone who thought that watched football at all this year? Whether we like it or not, pitt has the number 1 defense and, in particular the number 1 against the pass.

Even as well as flacco has been at home I don't expect an outburst when they come to bmore. The sooner everyone realizes these games come down to the turnover battle. Regardless of individual stats, Flacco did not turn the ball over and leftwich threw a pick and there was a fumble. Ravens win and thats the story. Don't ever think going into a pitt-bmore game there will be any "fantasy" stars bc real fans understand this is a physical rivalry.

I think most Fans want to see another Pitt blow out like last years opener. I know I do. But that game was a fluke... Pitt wasn't ready for the Reaping we put on them...
And games like that are a fluke. Yes and a fun fluke, but you can't expect that kind of game.. just enjoy them when they come.

We will keep getting better ! and I don't expect one coming against the Chargers.. remember Cam was O-coordinator out there once and they know a bit of what to expect.
Cam's job this week is to reinvent our play calling to keep them off balance. And our D to play a better game then last time.

Go Ravens #1

that yards per game stat is so unimportant, so overblown. Its points per game and points allowed per game that count and theres no one better in the red zone than us. THATS where the game is won as long as we dont let them behind us.

@JimA3_3 if thats what we need to win then were screwed lol. dont believe me? then watch replays of the pitt game, notice when joe was throwing way over recievers heads on the sidelines when they looked open, they werent open. they had man coverage on our outside receivers, and a safety right there, waiting to undercut all the out route, so while the corner had 1 on 1 coverage over top of the outside receivers, there was no safety help up top, because they were 6-7 yards in front of our receivers, joe had to constantly overthrow those routes. whats the simple solution? RUN TORREY AND JACOBY DEEP ON A DOUBLE MOVE. theres no over the top help, and thats what our offense PRAYS for, and when they hand it to us almost every single pass play, cam refuses to change the play calling, and force joe to throw out of bounds all night. its a typical cam cameron night

Yes, it wasn't really that Torrey got shut down against the Steelers. It's that every time Flacco threw to him, he was just way off the mark. In fact there was at least twice he should have honestly been picked off. I don't understand how his accuracy and poise can dip so low on the road this year, yet he's mostly played so great at home. That really bewilders me. I understand that part of it is Cam calling different types of games. But at some point it also falls on Joe's shoulders.

The "elite" conversation is over, and should remain over. He's a good QB, that we can win a SB with if we play our best. But he's not "one of the greats", a Manning, a Brady, a Rogers, a Brees. People need to let that one go. He needs to play better, but he's never going to be those guys. We don't need him to be. We just need him to be.........consistent.

great job harbs but please light a fire under o-line coach andy moeller to get the line to open up lanes for rice.

the Ravens are in great shape, but the Steelers, and also the Redskins will be tough games, but we the ball is definitely in our court.

Harbs gets no respect, often times not even from the Ravens fan base. Yet the guy just continues to overcome the odds and wins. Someone had a thread saying the Ravens are a team without leadership, someone else has a post saying how Harbs shouldn't have told the team they were on their way to being great, i've heard others say Harbs gives too much coach speak, held Ellerbe in the doghouse too long, isn't tough enough, doesn't make the tough decisions, etc....you might not agree with everything about Harbs, but imo the guy is a great leader.

Heading into the Texans game, i said regardless of injuries, this team would fight. It's Harbs that brings that fight out. People hate him for being so positive, imagine that.

In 2008, Harbs said that the Ravens were building a dynasty..he's not far from the truth. Now obviously championships aand Super Bowls have to be won, for that to be realized. However if the Ravens are able to win the Super Bowl this year, Harbs would have a 8-4 playoff record, 3 AFCCG appearances, 1 AFCC ring and 1 SB ring in 5 years. That's a pretty good record for a special teams coach

Wow, I'm thinking the Giants and Denver are tougher games based on the quality of the QB's. This week is redemption week for sure from the beatdown we got from them last year. If we are 9-2, then we are definitely 10-2 after the steal-er game. Thanksgiving day, Jets win over paytoilets, and Detroit beats Houston.....next!

We all knew going into this season that the big challenges were in the 2nd half of our schedule. To be honest, I just don't see Houston falling from the #1 seed. We have to gain 2 games on them in the span of 6 games. That's a tall, tall order.

At this point, I'm setting sights on what we can control and that is holding onto that #2 seed and get a bye. The DEN game is shaping up to be the game to decide that slot. I sure am glad its a home game.

So we're 21st in Yards/game and 25th in yards allowed/game. Hmpft. Well, somehow, somehow, that spells Winning Football, and 8 of 10 wins huh? We're in the bottom 1/3 or so in both categories and in the top 1/3 or so, in wins. Very odd; I think this statement from Dickson is especially apt for this debacle in statistics...%u201CThe feeling right now is we%u2019re exactly where we want to be but we haven%u2019t arrived yet,%u201D tight end Ed Dickson. HA! HA!

8-2 and 25th overall D lol plus injuries... and the Ravens have had a tough schedule. I didn't think this was the Ravens year, but possibly.

Other teams have that star that sets their team up for success. Whether it's the Brady, Manning, Calvin Johnson or even Jay Cutler (look what happened to Chicago when he couldn't play) every team has a fantasy star that every one has to have on their fantasy team and they either make or break their team. Baltimore is not like that. If you think you are going to take Flacco, Rice or even Pitta in a particular week, you stand a good chance of losing, heck, this week all their points wouldn't get you to out of a wet paper bag but they won the game. That's because we are a team and team's win championships not individuals. Yes, if some of these star players go all year without missing a game, they can get their team into the second season, but the Ravens are their each and every year because we are not a fantasy team, with fantasy players winning fantasy leagues, we are the real deal, a team, winning real games.

We are entering a stretch that includes two deadly accurate passers, four 2011 playoff teams and three of the six games away!

This stretch will measure the grit of our Ravens,.... I say the kids will fill for injured starters and the Defense is coming around!

This is going to be Ball So Hard fun!

If the Ravens can beat SD this week and Pitt again in 2 weeks that will pretty much lock up our division, assuming pitt beats cleveland which is not a given, that would put them 3 full games behind us with us holding the tie breaker over them, so one loss by pitt or one more win by us will get us the title

keep it up Harbs it really is a testament to his coaching ability when the Ravens had so many key injuries and yet he still managed to coach a 8-2 record

The people who know, the odds makers had the Ravens winning by three points. Why? Because they know winning on the road in Pittsburgh is super tough no matter who is playing. We got up and played a conservative game because one turnover would have the Ravens coming home with a L. All Harbs and Joe do is win and I don't whine about it or listen to the talking heads that put teams ahead of the Ravens in power rankings. Stats and rankings are for losers period. Ws are for winners and Harbs, Cam, Joe & company deserve a lot of credit for bringing consistent WINNING football to Baltimore. That is just one thing to be thankfull for this Thursday as we watch the want-a-bees play on turkey days! GO RAVENS you make us proud!

If the defense plays with the intensity as it did against the Squellers and Flacco and Cameron can put together a game plan that makes sense ... no 4 yard passes on 3rd and 8 and no 40 yard passes on 3rd and 2, we can make the 3000 mile trip worthwhile.

[quote name='Baltimore68' timestamp='1353546519' post='1228310']
Bold prediction that black and yellow team will not make the playoffs
[/quote]
That will depend a lot on whether Batch can play well and if Ben can come back soon, because Cincy may overtake them.