Photo

[News] Late For Work 11/20: Ed Reed Winning Appeal Unlikely, Suspension 'A Joke'

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,310 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

McPhee using gamesmanship with injury comments? Where would Ravens be without Jacoby?

View the full article

#2 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

We need the offense to PLEASE step up this week. They're TAKING Ed from us. Go Ravens!!! :)

#3 Purple n Black

Purple n Black

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

NFL is becoming a joke....reaching back to 2010 for the 3rd offense???? Smells like payback for Harbaugh not towing the "NFL company line" earlier in the year! I wouldn't put anything past the NFL!! EVEN Ryan Clark is defending Reed!!

Edited by Purple n Black, 20 November 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#4 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hey yall? lets make a positive out of a negative that day off will give Ed time to heal. he too is all banged up also. He could use the rest but we really need him for Sundays game but someone will step up.Next man up.

#5 Stetzon

Stetzon

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

I've been a long time lurker on these boards but I finally got to the tipping point when reading the bullet point about the running game being "in a funk", and felt as if I had to say something...

The reason why our running game is in a funk is because the running plays have absolutely 0 variation and creativity in them. You can see almost every one of them coming from a mile away.
It started to really get to me in the game against Pitt when we were just outside two mins to go and all we had to do was run out the clock. It was then that we ran three (maybe four) IDENTICAL running plays off to the right side. I mean there was literally no variation in how we were trying to run the ball. I understand and the announcer even reminded us all that Kansas City had success running it in that direction against the Steelers' D a week ago, but that does not mean that we have to run that play over and over again; it makes me sick.
I watched a bit of the 49ers and Bears game last night and did anyone else notice the creativity in the running plays that the 49ers were running? They were using a lot of the three-back set and from a defensive standpoint, they had no idea who the ball was going to. The end result? The 49ers ran right through the Bears' D. Does anyone else think that we would tear it up with Rice, Pierce, and Leach in the backfield?
You can blame whoever you want for the lack of success for the O and stale play calling, but all I am saying is, if we want to ever have a potent offense and utilize all of the weapons we already have, something needs to change.

OK, rant over.

#6 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

That means that any head to head contact penalties for any player in last three years that has three penalties or more better be suspended. Hear that Clark, Harrison, and a host of others?

Better believe I will be counting, and if this is being done to manipulate the Ravens odds of winning because Reed is being treated differently, then I hope the NFL realizes the ability of fans to involve outside parties with enough signatures to check it out and rule out corruption.

NFL opening a nasty box of worms here. Fine, but they better be consistent.

GO RAVENS!

Edited by ravenwildman, 20 November 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#7 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Roger Goodell and his moronic goons are legislating the football out of football.

#8 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

They just mad we beat the Steelers and trying to sabotage our next game. But guess what, we'll beat the Chargers and Reed will get needed rest, even though they sabotaged his paycheck as well. And also Reed will be healthy and full of energy home against the Steelers. Discount double check NFL...

#9 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

I hope this rallies the team to beat the snot out of the Chargers!!!!

#10 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Ed Reed getting some rest time is the only positive to come from this, but other than that his suspension is just all-out stupid, and kinda turning a blind eye to other players that have done similar, if not on purpose.

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

sounds like a witch hunt why are they all over reed like this? I think it is because he refuses to act like the rest of the players, no agent etc etc ... we will be fine sunday . as for 400k when did suh, harrision vilma ever pay out that much . come on now suh deliberately caused inury to other players vilma too harrison no doubt. We will do well despite this underhand sneaky crap.

#12 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,919 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Here is my hope for the Ravens organization. Please support Ed Reed. He has sacrificed mind and body for the Ravens. Stand behind him all the way. Even if his suspension stands, don't let him lose a game day's check - it isn't right!

I hope Bisciotti reads this post and supports his players when faced with such dilemma. If Reed was even remotely a dirty player, it's one thing - but, he is no James Harrison. He is Ed Reed - a living legend! Please don't dock his salary, just don't!

To Ed Reed: We love you man! Do what you do, and don't let the NFL dictate how you go out! Rest your body and let it heal so you can come back against the Steelers and win it for us!

#13 budman

budman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Going back 3 years? That is ridiculous. How many others or just Reerd?? The Raven Haters strike again!. Answer me this--When the Ravens scored 55 points and beat the Raiders, they said we were "Classless" for running up the score. New England scores 59 points on a rookie led team and they are "Awesome". Someone PLEASE explain this to me!

#14 BmoreKing

BmoreKing

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yanda, Jones, and Koch should be in for team MVP right now.

#15 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Thanks NFL. Thank you for ruining our great sport! Keep it up; and watch the fans leave and go somewhere else. Trust me, it will happen. We're getting fed up with these bureaucracies.

#16 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

It's a bunch of you know what!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 20 November 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#17 Tyrone Jones

Tyrone Jones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

S/O to the new corners Corey #24 and Chris Johnson #39 with the forced fumble on Wallace.

#18 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

If the Ravens win the super bowl; they should offer the trophy to Goodell, with a note stating: "We did this despite your phony "concern" for us, and despite your strong arm approach to ruling and RUINING our game. Screw you, Roger. You arrogant sack of crap."

Edited by metalraven, 20 November 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#19 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I've been a long time lurker on these boards but I finally got to the tipping point when reading the bullet point about the running game being "in a funk", and felt as if I had to say something...

The reason why our running game is in a funk is because the running plays have absolutely 0 variation and creativity in them. You can see almost every one of them coming from a mile away.
It started to really get to me in the game against Pitt when we were just outside two mins to go and all we had to do was run out the clock. It was then that we ran three (maybe four) IDENTICAL running plays off to the right side. I mean there was literally no variation in how we were trying to run the ball. I understand and the announcer even reminded us all that Kansas City had success running it in that direction against the Steelers' D a week ago, but that does not mean that we have to run that play over and over again; it makes me sick.
I watched a bit of the 49ers and Bears game last night and did anyone else notice the creativity in the running plays that the 49ers were running? They were using a lot of the three-back set and from a defensive standpoint, they had no idea who the ball was going to. The end result? The 49ers ran right through the Bears' D. Does anyone else think that we would tear it up with Rice, Pierce, and Leach in the backfield?
You can blame whoever you want for the lack of success for the O and stale play calling, but all I am saying is, if we want to ever have a potent offense and utilize all of the weapons we already have, something needs to change.

OK, rant over.

Cam is as creative as Joe is emotional on the bench. Crazy that he was called the mad scientist. I thought this would be the year of Joe Flacco. He's still doing OK but not what everyone expected. Now I am only looking forward to Cam's firing at the end of the season.

#20 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

I went back and watched the game, umm several times (when we beat them it's like reliving x-mas on DVR, lol).

I have to say that the Steeler defense was adjusting perfectly in man to man match ups, and schemes almost every play. This guy Dick LeBeau is very good. It was as if they had a playbook from us on their sideline. No wonder the offense could barely move the ball. Since we ran like we did I think I would have tried more play action but hey, hind sight is always 20/20

GO RAVENS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users