Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

Young Dlinemen stepping up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

I want to acknowledge, in the sea of negativtiy, that for the last three games it seems like Arthur Jones, Bryan Hall and especially Deangelo Tyson (even though Jones is probably playing best out of the 3, Tyson is especially impressive for a rookie) are starting to play like starters and establishing a solid rotation. So maybe that Ozzie guy isn't that bad.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

So maybe that Ozzie guy isn't that bad.

That should never even be debatable.

The last 3 games they have played like they're supposed to. But since they're young I'd say they've been doing alright.

I can't wait to have McPhee back healthy
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#3 wademan2636

wademan2636

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

bryan hall busted through the steelers line on one play, which led to an incompletion. he seems to be a solid inside pass rusher. i like his quickness and upper body strength as a pass rusher.

#4 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

I noticed that too. I didn't expect a 7th round draft pick to play that well.
Kruger looked great, and you can tell he's benefiting from having Sizzle back.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#5 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,664 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Agreed, agreed, agreed. I like how Jones is playing. It's like he's playing for some money. I'm glad he has his chance to shine. Tyson has impressed. Same can be said for Hall.

Still, I am reluctant to crown anyone yet. I want to see them against the Broncos, who have the best OL left out of the teams we face except the Bengals. That will be the real test.

And where are all the batted passes???

#6 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Agreed, agreed, agreed. I like how Jones is playing. It's like he's playing for some money. I'm glad he has his chance to shine. Tyson has impressed. Same can be said for Hall.

Still, I am reluctant to crown anyone yet. I want to see them against the Broncos, who have the best OL left out of the teams we face except the Bengals. That will be the real test.

And where are all the batted passes???

It's hard to bat passes, teams have been trying to throw deep on us which makes it hard to batt down passes.

Officially.

#7 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Ha anyone else noticed Art Jones starting to get pressure? he reminds me of Dwan Edwards during his last season here.

#8 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Ha anyone else noticed Art Jones starting to get pressure? he reminds me of Dwan Edwards during his last season here.

Yea just another example of a young guy finally finding his place and building that confidence. The same can be said for all the young players. I think we as fans just have become accustom to the dominate defense, that we feel like the Ravens should be able to plug and play. However it's not that simple.

Just look at the amount of new and young guys that are playing. Jones is really starting to flash. He actually got held on that Leftwhich TD, but it wasn't called. His pass rush is getting better and better as you mentioned and it's happening at the right time.

This guy has took a lot of heat, from seemingly everyone, but much props to Dean Pees. He's using a really nice rotation and i don't care if it's by force because of injuries or by his getting comfortable, I like it. Props to CB as well. He has these young guys playing with good leverage and using their hands more now, then at the begining of the season.

mj5v69.jpg

#9 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,460 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

He and Tyson both have been solid lately. I paid special attention to Tyson this week, and he really does anchor well. Jones anchors well some plays, and other plays he doesn't.

#10 wikle

wikle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

they all played great. we really should call this improvement the sizzle effect though. besides the texans game our defense has been very solid since he came back

#11 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

He and Tyson both have been solid lately. I paid special attention to Tyson this week, and he really does anchor well. Jones anchors well some plays, and other plays he doesn't.

Hopefully it's a coachable thing for Jones, and not something he can't handle physically. He should really be immovable with that huge butt and legs.

#12 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

This is why we have to keep churning up the depth. Hall & DeAngelo is steeping up. Keep @ it rookies!

#13 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

i like the rotation, give props to pees, he's doing a lot with less, unlike the other coordinater, but they need to keep this rotation with hall and tyson are doing pretty good and they will only get better,

#14 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

they got give more reps to jones , hall and tyson, take away snaps from cody and kemo.

#15 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

He's a good bit heavier then Dwan, and as of late has been driving olineman off the ball. Dwan is a little quicker. Speaking of which Dwan has had a pretty decent career after leaving us. Didnt he have a spinal fusion or something similar that scared us off?

He's got 5 sacks, 38 tackles and 1 FF.

Edited by H8R, 20 November 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#16 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

He's a good bit heavier then Dwan, and as of late has been driving olineman off the ball. Dwan is a little quicker. Speaking of which Dwan has had a pretty decent career after leaving us. Didnt he have a spinal fusion or something similar that scared us off?

He's got 5 sacks, 38 tackles and 1 FF.

I hear he's doing well, he seems to be bouncing around teams though.

#17 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I noticed that too. I didn't expect a 7th round draft pick to play that well.
Kruger looked great, and you can tell he's benefiting from having Sizzle back.

Every1 on the D-line is benefiting from Suggs' presence......One man army.....

Suggs is pretty much shut down 1 side and draws double team so every1 should elevate their game for sure.....

We all miss Lewis and Webb but Suggs is just too crucial to be missed.....

Edited by AsianRice, 20 November 2012 - 02:22 PM.

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#18 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hopefully it's a coachable thing for Jones, and not something he can't handle physically. He should really be immovable with that huge butt and legs.

You look at his butt and legs?

#19 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

You look at his butt and legs?

No lie, it's like 90% of his body mass.

Officially.

#20 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,059 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yuck! No discussing linemen's butts. You want us all to start heaving?
15fqib6.jpg