Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

757RavensFan

Ed Reed NOT suspended, fined instead

187 posts in this topic

For violating safety rules! You have to be kidding me!

[i][b]Moderator Note[/b]: Original topic title was "Ed Reed suspended one game". The suspension has been lifted. See page 8 and beyond.[/i]

Horrible call by the NFL. Yes, they both made contact with their helmets, but I don't believe that he led with it intentionally or launched himself. Emmanuel Sanders wasn't even phased. He's had, what, one penalty of the sort otherwise? Well, at least it will give him a week off to get healthy.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1353358998' post='1226331']
Source?
[/quote]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000097768/article/baltimore-ravens-ed-reed-suspended-one-game-for-hits

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1353358998' post='1226331']
Source?
[/quote]
And honestly, I can understand. It isn't like he couldn't move his head to the side and hit with his good shoulder, or aim a little lower and hit in the chest like every other safety in the damn league.

If Bernard "Big Hit" Pollard can be renowned as a big hitter without getting suspended, Reed ought to be able to manage.

[quote name='J-man' timestamp='1353359192' post='1226345']
So who's starting in his place?
[/quote]

Depth chart has Considine :(

Can't Ed Reed appeal? This is really bogus. Reed wouldn't intentionally hit with his helmet with a neck injury, cause he'd just be hurting himself too.

[color=#333333][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Here is the bright spot, James Ihedigbo (Ed Reeds back-up) had a STELLAR game last night..[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1353359339' post='1226355']
Now would be damn good time to activate Omar Brown
[/quote]

we released omar brown a week ago when we signed chris johnson

lol this is a joke.

(VP Operations ) merton hanks made a case based on 3-year lapse

one of them apparantly was @ drew brees (unintentional) which was done THREE YEARS AGO.

He had to literally scrap up something that was done that long ago to suspend ed reed. :34853_shakehead: What a complete idiot.

He led with his hands against a guy who had completed catch and then ducked into Reed's helmet.

You don't have to lower your strike zone when a receiver has made the catch.

Pollard's flag vs. Texans was 100% right even though he was going low and the receiver fell to HIM. The NFL wants you to pretty much let the guy come down or find a way to strip or dislodge without flying at him. Not fair, but they call THAT consistently.

Sanders already made his catch, then ducked. 100% difference, I believe.

This is complete bullcrap. Just heard about this. damn the NFL messes up a lot. The NFL is slowly moving toward being a sport for sissies.

[quote name='PurpleandBlackBlood' timestamp='1353359407' post='1226358']
we released omar brown a week ago when we signed chris johnson
[/quote]

I read that we resigned him this past week.

This is a joke right? I hope they reverse their decision because intent is more important to establish... either way I do believe since Ed is hurting, it may actually help him recover for the Steelers... just looking for a silver lining if the suspension stands!

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1353359472' post='1226365']
Insane. How many times has headhunter Ryan Clark been suspended?????? Zero.
[/quote]

If they are going to suspend Ed Reed for a culmination of items. They should be doing the same to every safety in the league.

At least he can rest up and get ready for the next Steelers QB (whoever that might be).

Seems a little bit excessive IMO. Did Reed hit with the helmet? Yes, but nothing about that hit looked intentional or using it as a weapon. Suspensions should be levied when people have disregard for the rules, and attempt to hurt the guy. Didn't look like that at all with Ed. I really don't understand how a guy with as small a frame as Reed is not going to hit his helmet into the guy he is tackling.

A safety that stands out for violating the rules would be Merriweather's hit on Heap a few years back. He launched, used his helmet to spear Heap's helmet. Both violations. This was just Ed flying in to make the stop.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1353359472' post='1226365']
Insane. How many times has headhunter Ryan Clark been suspended?????? Zero.
[/quote]Immediatly what I thought of

[quote name='I AM LEGEND' timestamp='1353359566' post='1226377']
May be good for the team...
[/quote]Get out

I wish Reed Luck on the appeal but we all know he won't win. So thanks NFL for allowing Reed to get healthier, even if it is for one week.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1353359492' post='1226368']
I read that we resigned him this past week.
[/quote]

I thought I read that we released him.. i may be wrong though

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1353359573' post='1226378']
If they are going to suspend Ed Reed for a culmination of items. They should be doing the same to every safety in the league.

At least he can rest up and get ready for the next Steelers QB (whoever that might be).
[/quote]
Yeah thats really the only brightside in this. Rest up, and use all his attention for the Steelers. Even though we don't know who the QB is.

[quote name='PurpleandBlackBlood' timestamp='1353359789' post='1226391']
I thought I read that we released him.. i may be wrong though
[/quote]

Pretty sure we brought him back to the practice squad when we signed Levine.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1353359732' post='1226386']
They said it was for being a repeat offender yet one of the three hits was way back in 2010
[/quote]He had 1 earlier this year vs NE

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1353359845' post='1226395']
Pretty sure we brought him back to the practice squad when we signed Levine.
[/quote]

ah got it got it.. i couldn't find anything online about it

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1353359765' post='1226388']
I wish Reed Luck on the appeal but we all know he won't win. So thanks NFL for allowing Reed to get healthier, even if it is for one week.
[/quote]
I wouldn't be saying thanks. Rivers is just going to be throwing deep on us now against Cary and possibly Smith coming off an injury. (dont know, even if he does play he wont be 100 and he got lit up vs them last year)

Chargers need this win. They're at home, HC on hot seat, it's novemeber.... It's going to be hard. We had Reed last year and still got destroyed so idk.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1353359853' post='1226397']
He had 1 earlier this year vs NE
[/quote]yes, but one of them was for a hit that happened back in 2010 which is just dumb

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1353360015' post='1226405']
I wouldn't be saying thanks. Rivers is just going to be throwing deep on us now against Cary and[b] possibly Smith coming off an injury[/b]. (dont know, even if he does play he wont be 100 and he got lit up vs them last year)

Chargers need this win. They're at home, HC on hot seat, it's novemeber.... It's going to be hard. We had Reed last year and still got destroyed so idk.
[/quote]

I don't think Smith is playing. They were hoping we could just get him back before the end of the season. He'll probably be out like a month.