Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM LEGEND

we broke Leftwich's Ribs

27 posts in this topic

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1353362560' post='1226484']
I wonder who we're going to face week 13?
[/quote]
Maybe Dennis Dixon. I personally think we should cut Levine and bring Dixon up. I don't want to see him playing against us after he has practiced against us.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1353367353' post='1226633']
Maybe Dennis Dixon. I personally think we should cut Levine and bring Dixon up. I don't want to see him playing against us after he has practiced against us.
[/quote]
Lol. Just posted that, I agree though

Two QB's with broken ribs on the same team at the same time.
What are the odds of that ?

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1353362560' post='1226484']
I wonder who we're going to face week 13?
[/quote]

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1353367391' post='1226635']
[b]Charlie Batch[/b] will start next week for Steelers.[/quote]

There's your answer. Steelers down to their third string QB. I wonder if they will draft a QB next year or stick with Batch and Leftwich as backups.

Charlie Batch has been the back-up QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers since, like, what? Since the time when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth?

All joking aside, whether its Batch (or even Dennis Dixon, if Pittsburgh wants to sign him off Baltimore's practice squad) quarterbacking the team, I [i]seriously [/i]believe their playoff hopes are done. I don't believe Ben Roethlisberger is coming back, this season; it goes to show how under-appreciated Big Ben has been his whole career, especially now.

The Steelers don't have an offense without him; whether it has been a shaky offensive line, a rotating, yet injured, backfield, or the injury to Antonio Brown, their offense has many things going against their favor. Also, Pittsburgh's defense doesn't have "it" to make-up for a lack of offense. In fact, it's funny how "the media" likes to label the Ravens defense as beat-up and injured, when those labels really apply to the Steelers defense.

It's unfortunate for them, though. Because, besides Mike Wallace and Heath Miller, who is actually overlooked in today's tight end-heavy league (even tough Miller always gets the job done), that offense has nothing going for it. Heck, even with their remaining schedule, against the Browns (on the road), Ravens (on the road), at home against Chargers, on the road against the Cowboys, and a back-to-back home-stand against the Bengals and Browns, to end the season, it's going to be [i]really [/i]hard for the Steelers to end the year with a .500 record, I believe.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1353434072' post='1227247']
Dixon chose to stay on our PS instead of going back to Pitt lol. To me that says a lot..
[/quote]
It does say a lot. I'm pretty happy to hear that. Pretty impressive if I say so.

[quote name='SteelerStorm' timestamp='1353378360' post='1226811']
BLeft will be starting next week. Hopefully, he will bring back a win and be prepared for showdown number 2 against BMORE.
[/quote]

No, it's been confirmed Batch will be starting against the Browns.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1353450668' post='1227547']

[/quote]

Wow. I am actually going to be cheering for the Browns?

Now that the Steelers have picked up Hoyer, wonder how long it will take before he plays - is it too soon to start a poll on which quarter Batch breaks down next week against the Browns?

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1353450668' post='1227547']
[/quote]Yes, Joe i see it now. Wow. I also see we picked up Plaxico and a QB. Hoyer

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1353434072' post='1227247']
Dixon chose to stay on our PS instead of going back to Pitt lol. To me that says a lot..
[/quote]He can stay there. He knew he would be cut soon as BigBen came back, even though Dixon was one of my favorites. Don't understand why we kept Batch instead of him.

[quote name='Ngata Chance' timestamp='1353451066' post='1227557']
Wow. I am actually going to be cheering for the Browns?
[/quote]
Cheering for them against the Squealers is nothing new.
Edit: Signing Plax was actually a good move. I also think that means Antonio Brown isn't coming back anytime soon.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1353458664' post='1227631']

Cheering for them against the Squealers is nothing new.
Edit: Signing Plax was actually a good move. I also think that means Antonio Brown isn't coming back anytime soon.
[/quote]

Except that they have to install a metal detector going into the locker room now...

[quote name='Ngata Chance' timestamp='1353463637' post='1227676']
Except that they have to install a metal detector going into the locker room now...
[/quote]

I have to say, for all the players in the NFL who have just been insanely stupid and are so easily mockable (see: Antonio Cromartie, that Steelers guy who got like, 15 counts in one night of drinking, etc etc), Plaxico I will not mock. The man shot himself in his own leg with his own gun. I think that's embarrassment enough for him...

My opinion may change now that he's a Steeler though. Check back later.

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1353437348' post='1227305']
Off topic: I dated one of Byron Leftwich's ex girlfriends, former Miss Teen NC. She was 24 and I was 21.
[/quote]
Miss Teen eh? Niceeee

[quote name='SteelerStorm' timestamp='1353456052' post='1227616']
He can stay there. He knew he would be cut soon as BigBen came back, even though Dixon was one of my favorites. [b]Don't understand why we kept Batch instead of him.[/b]
[/quote]

I second this. Dixon at least had considerable potential, while Batch is a washed up veteran at best.