33 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

The Ravens’ defensive unit showed flashes of its former self in its finest showing of the season.

View the full article

#2 wrm#1

wrm#1

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

as I've said before this win does not end the season,so don't go printing play-off tickets,if the Ravens go to San Diego and stink up the field they would be right back where they started coming into this week! So it's buckle up the chin straps and get back to work!

#3 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

I so wanted the defense to perform well ... and they did. Except for the Ngataesque 30 yrd rumble by Leftwich, they were great!!! Excellent win.
Hey, does anyone other than me think the Sqeelers will be drafting a QB-backup in the coming draft???
Chris Johnson was a nice pickup but Harbs said he tweaked a hammy already...walking wounded.
Gooooooooooo Ravens :)

Edited by Bruce_Almty, 19 November 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#4 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Chris Johnson had said that he was excited at the opportunity to play with the Ravens...after last night, I would have to respecfully opine that the Ravens Nation is equally excited!

Nice job!

#5 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

I think that first drive took them by surprise I don't think the defense expected him to run like he did . I know I didn't

#6 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Defense did you say defense? Oh we got that, Now we just have to keep it .Now this is the Ravens defense I was hopping for and we got it. Great game Great team win Great defense Great plays by the new players Great Scott.

#7 GO_Ravens

GO_Ravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Corey Graham, Paul Kruger stepping up big in this gameee need to continue to play this way. And boy we need to get Pitta back Flacco was lost without him.

#8 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

happy about the win. kudos to dean pees and the defense they were awesome but the offense gets an "F". denver is the team to beat and we wont beat them with this inconsistent offense

Edited by The Greek, 19 November 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#9 Lee is in the house!

Lee is in the house!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Congrats to the Ravens defense which has vastly improved ever since Dean Pees made the switch moving to calling the "D" from the press box where he can see better with less distractions. If only Cam Cameron would put aside his ego and do the same... Call the offense from the press box! Just do it!

Edited by Lee is in the house!, 19 November 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#10 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

happy about the win. kudos to dean pees and the defense they were awesome but the offense gets an "F". denver is the team to beat and we wont beat them with this inconsitent offense

Your correct denver is the team to beat we do play them at home and i beleive flacco and company will rise to the challenge and beat the broncos here . Keep in mind we played the number one defense last night credit goes to them for a well played game . when it counts we will beat denver .

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

as I've said before this win does not end the season,so don't go printing play-off tickets,if the Ravens go to San Diego and stink up the field they would be right back where they started coming into this week! So it's buckle up the chin straps and get back to work!

some folks just like to enjoy a victory for an hour or four before being negative . we will be ready and i doubt the chargers have such an easy time this go round . the entire team is playing better how about a little credit where it is due.

Edited by llwillow1231, 19 November 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#12 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

I’m glad Harbs is of the opinion there is plenty of work to do in order to play better than last night. It is significant that we kept them out of the endzone except for a fluke broken play. I believe that was the lowest amount of yards against us all season which is a step in the right direction. I disagree that we forced 3 turnovers. The first one was coughed up when Wallace tried to change hands with the ball and the last one was another gift. #24’s interception was sweet and timely!!

We’re 8-2 which is outstanding considering how we’ve been playing. I believe the D will continue to improve especially since some of the young CBs are stepping up. Gotta get TSizzle up to speed is essential. Getting out run by Leftwich was not a good look and he was not very effective with his pass rush although he did set the edge. The offense was just offensive. Ray, you are my boy but you stank last night. Try running for daylight. If there is no hole or gap, bounce it outside. You got the skill, don’t let Cam’s plays dumb you down.

That was a must win and we got it!! Great job men!!

#13 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Offense cannot have every game be like last week against Oakland. Some think we may have "stunk up the joint" last night, but Pittsburgh wasn't exactly lighting the field up on offense either. Our defense stepped way up last night, and we won the game. This was a tough, hard fought game AT HEINZ FIELD, so I am happy with a win and knowing we did ultimately outplay the Steelers!

#14 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

When the Raven Dee needed to rise up,... they did it in fine fashion! Never mind that the "bumbling bees" were Ben-less, Dean Pees' guys were everywhere, hitting everything in prison garb!

James Ihedigbo's hit, early in the game, caused Wallace to regurgitate the ball and set the stage for what was to come!

Corey Graham and Bernard Pollard - way to secure the win in the closing seconds!

#15 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

did anyone else think the "incomplete pass" right before the Jacoby Jones return was a fumble by Byron Leftwich? I cannot believe they blew it dead immediately.

#16 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

some folks just like to enjoy a victory for an hour or four before being negative . we will be ready and i doubt the chargers have such an easy time this go round . the entire team is playing better how about a little credit where it is due.

Yes. Most teams "enjoy" a victiory for hours or even a day. Then, it's back to work. The Ravens, I'm sure, remember last year. I know I do. Yes, they will be ready and hopefullly, Joe will not be as conservative and the "home" Joe will show up.

The Chargers did not look good this weekend and a lot of it was River's poor play and not being able to keep up with Manning's offense. Which Rivers will show up? Hopefully not the one who was on fire last year.

#17 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ellerbe had another great game, too. He's really coming on this year, I don't know what's gotten into him but I like it.

DeAngelo Tyson is looking like a tremendously valuable 7th round pick.

Haloti still needs to get healthy, but he looked as good as he's looked all season last night.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 19 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.
Fixed that for ya!

#18 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Its definitely something new for us, but Im starting to believe that the numbers really dont matter for the simple fact that we ve been a top-10 defense for years, and yet we have no Super Bowl rings to count for them,D Suggs said. Last year in the AFC championship, we lost to the 31st-ranked defense. I guess the numbers are all good for [the media] to pile on, but I guess the only thing that matters is wins and losses. Fact

Edited by Purpleghost23, 19 November 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#19 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Now sao diego the only real bad game we had last year..now we need to prove we can win big on the road i am tired of this thing

#20 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I was so proud of our defense last night. Keep fighting hard, we need revenge in San Diego this week!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users