31 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Jacoby Jones’ punt return in the first quarter gave the Ravens their lone touchdown in Sunday’s win.

View the full article

#2 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Pro Bowling at its finest.

#3 FSURaven

FSURaven

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

I dont know if anyone else saw Jacoby's post game interview on the field, but I can never understand a word that man says with his New Orleans accent... except for his attempt to flirt with the reporter. But if that man gets to pull out another amazing touch down dance every game, then who cares (Dancing with the Stars next season?) Jacoby has turned out to be the best offseason pick up of the year. Good job Ozzie, and keep it up Jacoby. Here's to breaking some more NFL records this year!

#4 Ty745

Ty745

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

jacoby make the team so powerful looking because he uses alot of emotion when he return to a TD like that thanks for the win jones ravens nation

#5 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

all i have to say is its clearly time to move on from Flacco ,i dont know how he can feel good about this Game being outplayed by a backup QB that looked like he was in Pain ,,Flacco is far from elite if best hes a good backup QB on any other team ,once again he should thank the defense for bailing him out on the Road and thank Jacoby ,i love the Ravens ,but i cannot stand a QB who has no emotion yet thinks hes a top 5 QB when hes stats clearly show otherwise ,i was impressed with Graham Kruger and the way we held defensively off Cam needs to go next year and if Flacco still thinks hes a top 5 QB maybe he can test the market because if he continues playing like this hes lucky to get any Deal at all.

#6 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

Beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he'll do it again!

#7 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Ravens Mvp this year is Jacoby in my book!

#8 dead serious

dead serious

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Jacoby Jones was the difference in the score... but our Defense was the difference in this game... 3 turnovers, 3 sacks, and our offense didn't turn the ball over at all... that was the real difference!!!

#9 FloridalovesRavens

FloridalovesRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

darkknight..... please get some rest. You need it. Thrilling game and great win. Remember, stats are for losers and the Ravens are winners. Go Ravens.

#10 x.briggs

x.briggs

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

i just hope they keep kicking 2 him

#11 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

all i have to say is its clearly time to move on from Flacco ,i dont know how he can feel good about this Game being outplayed by a backup QB that looked like he was in Pain ,,Flacco is far from elite if best hes a good backup QB on any other team ,once again he should thank the defense for bailing him out on the Road and thank Jacoby ,i love the Ravens ,but i cannot stand a QB who has no emotion yet thinks hes a top 5 QB when hes stats clearly show otherwise ,i was impressed with Graham Kruger and the way we held defensively off Cam needs to go next year and if Flacco still thinks hes a top 5 QB maybe he can test the market because if he continues playing like this hes lucky to get any Deal at all.

Sorry but you are so wrong it's not even funny:

20 completions in 32 attempts vs 18 in 39
0 INTs vs 1
2 sacks vs 3
0 bounced passes vs 6
W vs L on the TEAM's record

Who outplayed whom?

Flacco understood that the game would be a defensive slugfest (in his case against the Nbr 1 defense in the NFL) and played accordingly.

Move on from Flacco????? That opinion is short-sighted, presumptive...and knuckleheaded.

Sorry.

#12 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

We played against the number one defense in the league .....relax a little we are 8-2 the defense is finally getting better special teams best in the league .Flacco plays well but no qb not even manning or brady is going to perfom well against them .

#13 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Mr. Jones you made a lot of Ravens proud of you last night. You also reminded us of a young man name Jermaine Lewis. HE WAS GREAT ALSO.BUT your kick return and kick off return this year is so so special to us this year We are going to talk to management about signing you for years to come keep that hunger. OH YEAH Thank you Houston again for another great player you just give us someone to help us beat you ha ha ha ha ha ha

#14 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

It's great to get a team win, especially when the two offenses a "grid-locked" in a fierce battle with the defenses and Special Teams accounts for all the scoring!

Hat's off to Jacoby Jones, who provided the matching TD to Leftwich's scramble!

And,... hat's off to our rookie sensation, Justin Tucker, who made the adjustments needed to score in a hostile camp!

No wonder our Special Team is vastly improved over the last couple of years - they are "game changers"!

#15 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,506 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

JJ touchdown dance makes me laugh....

#16 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Dark: Put the pipe down. Joe's numbers vs. the Stealers is nearly identical at home AND away. He took care of the ball (No INT's) and only did what was needed against a very good defensive team and knowing, ultimately he was just offstetting a poor offensive team.

Peej has already adressed Joe's stats vs. Byron's but NO ONE, including the Ravens' organization has a problem with Joe. Yes, he needs to see a shrink about his home/away transformation but is still a WINNER! We had NO QB for over 10 years and you think we can just pluck a premier QB like Manning or Brady out of thin air.

Maybe you need to move on and just go root for a team with a future HOF QB.... Naw, you would want them canned too.

#17 TheCityThatReeds20

TheCityThatReeds20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

for thos eof you STILL complaining about flacco, how about you give the steelers d some credit? They are number 1 in the league through 10 games it isn't a fluke. As much as I hate the steelers too just be glad we won this game.

#18 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

What a great pickup Ozzie! It feels so great to have a great returner after suffering through David Reed last year. Jacoby is the man!

#19 jonny raven

jonny raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Quit complaining about Flacco. I recall Matt Ryan throwing 5 ints this weekend. If we had him in this game instead of Flacco, we lose. It seemed like Flacco just wasn't on tonight and Pitt's defense was, and I'd so much rather him realize that and play conservative than force balls and cause turnovers in a game like this.

#20 Ravenmatic

Ravenmatic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

A Jermaine Lewis #2 or a BJ Sams with no injuries to his legs. Jacoby is a great pick up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users