Ravens at Browns      Game Rewind      Rice Jersey Exchange   

Photo

This is image is dedicated to the CBS crew...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

At least one of them knew what they were talking about.

Posted Image

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

The former raven picks the ravens... Nothing new

#3 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

ESPN heads thought Pitt was going to win. All except for TJ
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#4 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Both Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy picked the Steelers too. Its alright though, let them keep sleeping on us. Our defense is only going to be getting better now.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#5 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

after watching another piss poor offensive showing on the road in tonight's game....it should be understandable to see why analysts rarely pick the Ravens to win.

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#6 bdravens

bdravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

after watching another piss poor offensive showing on the road in tonight's game....it should be understandable to see why analysts rarely pick the Ravens to win.

~Mili

An 8-2 record is a pretty good reason to pick a team to win. Either way, we do better when we are picked against, anyway.
"We have Anquan Boldin, and youuuu dooon't"-Zibby
Posted Image

#7 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

~Mili

Let them. Who gives a rat's behind what they think? The "pros" picked the steelers and they were wrong.

Just like listening to some of the Ravens fans on here, whining about how terrible things are. Go cheer for the Eagles. Then they could complain.

Edited by Ngata Chance, 19 November 2012 - 01:43 AM.

"Flacco got a hug from owner Bisciotti after game.. Flacco told him: “that felt good.. That was big”

That seems like it was worded wrong...

#8 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Let them. Who gives a rat's behind what they think? The "pros" picked the steelers and they were wrong.

Just like listening to some of the Ravens fans on here, whining about how terrible things are. Go cheer for the Eagles. Then they could complain.

That always cracks me up. Our team looks like it stumbled into an 8-2 record outside and couple games, so everything should be lollipops and rainbows. But soon as we're dealt with in the playoffs, the optimist are all "What happened? We were 12-4 World-Beaters".

I'm super happy our Ravens are 8-2, but we have some serious problems that need to be addressed after 5 years or we'll be watching the Superbowl from home again this year. And saying 30 other teams will be doing the same is a moral victory for minor league coaches.

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

#9 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

~Mili

Well, except for the fact that we're 8-2, and were 12-4 the previous two years.

#10 The King

The King

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I can't understand the mindset of people who picked a Steelers team quarterbacked by Byron Leftwhich to beat the 7-2 Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers are a resilient and well-coached group, but at no point in the game did I really feel like we were on the verge of losing this one. Even with the Steelers closing the gap Leftwhich just had not done enough all game long to seem like he was gonna lead a come back. I'm just shocked that 3 out of 4 thought a second string guy could take down a team that would, if the playoffs started today, be the number 2 seed in the AFC.

#11 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

That always cracks me up. Our team looks like it stumbled into an 8-2 record outside and couple games, so everything should be lollipops and rainbows. But soon as we're dealt with in the playoffs, the optimist are all "What happened? We were 12-4 World-Beaters".

I'm super happy our Ravens are 8-2, but we have some serious problems that need to be addressed after 5 years or we'll be watching the Superbowl from home again this year. And saying 30 other teams will be doing the same is a moral victory for minor league coaches.

Nearly every Super Bowl-winning team of the past two decades has had its problems. The last "pretty" team to win a Super Bowl was arguably the Elway-led Broncos of the late '90s, and before that, the '95 Cowboys.

Adversity is a good thing. The championship teams of the past two decades have experienced adversity and gotten hot at just the right time. Even the vaunted New England Patriots had experienced some ugly victories and defeats en route to their dynasty of the '00s.

Posted Image

#12 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,352 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

If the Giants can do it why cant we?

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Pitta Hut is now open! WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

#13 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Both Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy picked the Steelers too. Its alright though, let them keep sleeping on us. Our defense is only going to be getting better now.

Dungy always picks the Steelers. I guess since his lips are so firmly attached to their rumps it is hard not to.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#14 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Posted Image

Next.

#15 Florida Ravens Fan

Florida Ravens Fan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

This team has played horribly most of the season and yet were 8-2, imagine if we played better. This team has soo much potential to be great.

Posted Image

#16 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Something that is inherently wrong with how everyone not involved with the games (from us to Steelers fans to all the media pundits) and how they look at games is that they try to see them through some odd non-existent prism of what other teams have done against various teams and who beat who in the past. Every week, every game, for every team is going to be unique and different from any other. Its not fair to look at the shellacking we put on the Raiders and then point out that that the Steelers lost to them. Its not fair to completely downplay our team because we got blown out by the Texans, yet the 1 win Jaguars just hung 37 pts on them and hung around for literally as long as they possibly could.

The point is, anyone who came in thinking we would blow out Pittsburgh or that Pittsburgh would come out and control the game like they have done of late was sorely mistakened. Could we have played better? Absolutely! Just the same as the Steelers I'm sure could have played differently. We see something in every game that will never, ever be replicated again, be it one play or the total outcome. So what's done is done. We won, we are in control of the division, but there is still a ton of work to do for San diego. There is no point in complaining about what could have been, especially when we are doing what good teams do, finding ways to win.

Edited by Corvus, 19 November 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#17 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Shannon is the only guy I even like on that board. Ringless, Chin mountain, and the Great Bungle annoy the crap out of me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users