Photo

[News] At First Glance: Ravens At Steelers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,849 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

BaltimoreRavens.com writers give their first impressions of the Ravens’ 13-10 win.

View the full article

#2 camcameronmustgo

camcameronmustgo

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

to all u steelers trolls trollin the ravens website mike tomlin said excuses are tools for the incompetent. i dont wanna hear escuses yall lost...no excuses

#3 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Low scoring game with lots of defense, just as I expected.

#4 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Well, I guess I should be use to it by now; another stinker on the road. Unbelievable. At least the D showed up and played a respectable game, at least compared to how they have been playing. I am so glad Leftwich did not beat us; I wouldn’t be able to go to work tomorrow.

#24 looked pretty good tonight and #32 made the play to supposedly put the game away if we could get two 1st downs!?!? The Hammer laid the wood and #20 didn’t fumble the fumble recovery.

Thank you Jacoby, you saved our arses. Just try to do a more manly TD dance next time.

#5 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Classic Hardcore Game! Big Hits Decide the Game. Just Like I Love It!! Ali Frazier

#6 RayEdBoldinSuggsNgata

RayEdBoldinSuggsNgata

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Good to see our defense getting its mojo back. This offense still has things to work out on the road though & I place blame at the feet of CC "the great" (sarcasm). Why do we not work the middle of the field more & why did we start going away from Boldin in the 2nd half? It killed me to see us not be able to convert a 3rd & 2 to close out the game. Anyway just nitpicking & i'll sleep well knowing we got the W. Special shout outs to Corey Graham , Ngata, Ellerbe & Pollard, they balled out tonight & kept it physical.

#7 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Classic Ravens-Steeler game. "Hey Casey Hampton, you don't have to hate us. We are satisfied with beating you in your own house... on national TV... in HD for some!!!!"

#8 FSURaven

FSURaven

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

My take aways:

Defense- Forced 3 turn overs. Held one of the best running back committees to 134 yards when their game plan was to run the ball. The defense (pretty far into the depth chart in a few areas) is much improved since two 200 yard rushing games in the first half of the season. B

Offense- Made no turn overs. Did what they needed to win, scored on two drives. It looked like they went up against division rivals who happened to be the #1 defense in the NFL. C

Special Teams- Good kicking, good blocking, good running. They won the field position battle in this game and was the difference maker in this game. Have came a long way since last season. A

#9 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

The defense showed up again!!! Don't you ever leave us again, though! And S/O to Jacoby Jones, where have you been all my life? haha

#10 akacrow

akacrow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Special teams rocked
Defense very good
Offense sucked

#11 whitecurrency20

whitecurrency20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Two 3rd and 2 situations in the 4th quarter that are called horribly by Cameron. The first he calls for vertical routes down the field - Joe essentially throws it away by throwing it down the sideline to Jones who was covered well. 3rd and 2 and he's calling for a deep ball? Pick up the 1st down, move the chains, kill some clock, give the defense a bit of a break. Next one: 3rd and 2 to win the game late in the 4th quarter. Rather than run the ball, which despite their lack of success still seemed to be the best option to put the game away, Cameron calls a pass from the shotgun.. Joe stands back a bit and is sacked.

Cam Cameron fails consistently to call plays in tight spots; his lack of imagination and situational awareness is crippling to the offense. As much as i hate believing it, I cant see this team winning the big one with him calling the plays on offense. Regardless of the outcome of the season, ne needs to go. I can't imagine what Flacco could do with an OC who understood the personnel better and had a better mind for calling plays.

#12 jek81791

jek81791

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

sore losing steelers will talk but what they dont realize is that they were going against back up corner backs they can say we won because they didnt have their starting qb but we didnt have half of our starting defense

#13 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

I still will never complain about a win nor will i rip any credit from an improving Steelers defense, but the offense did play horrible. I thought there were a few easy adjustments we could've made. PIttsburgh gambled a lot dropping Clark under Torrey, we could gave him some options routes, or moved him to the slot, or threw Jacoby in one slot or the other to make em play honest. That secondary was bleeding fear (especially of Torrey), i think we probly coulda took them with 3 wide sets all night. oh well.
I hope they figure something out on that side of the ball soon, we really shouldnt be having these problems, facing a good defense or not.

Defense is returning to form, DBs stingy as ever. Graham had a message for everybody, he's not just a special teams ace out here, throw it at him if you want.

#14 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Next one: 3rd and 2 to win the game late in the 4th quarter. Rather than run the ball, which despite their lack of success still seemed to be the best option to put the game away, Cameron calls a pass from the shotgun.. Joe stands back a bit and is sacked.

Actually running the routes and taking the sack used up more clock than running Rice into a brick wall wouldve so i wouldnt criticize that much.
Statistically, odds sucked that we picked up that first down either way, so i actually dont have a problem with this call.
my only wish is that maybe Joe gets out of the pocket here and tries to make something happen. If nothing else, he would at least burn even more clock with the chase

Edited by riseNConquer81, 19 November 2012 - 12:48 AM.

Statute of limitations on all convos is one day. and its never personal, always football.

#15 whitecurrency20

whitecurrency20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

I disagree. 3rd and 2 in any situation against any team, i'm going to trust the best full back in the league with one of the best running backs in the league. If you don't pick it up, you don't deserve it. And given this game, this rivalry, and that team, running for 2 yards to pick up the W seems more logical than throwing a 10-15 yard route.

#16 TheConquerorWorm

TheConquerorWorm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Take away the BS pass interference call and the BS helmet to helmet call on Reed and the Squealers don't score a point.

#17 ozrave

ozrave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

For those Ravens saying our O sucked, consider we were up against a good D and a raucous crowd.

On another note, I'd like to see stats on our D through the past 10 games. Would seem to me it's made steady improvement, and the low rank is due to ancient history.

If Coach Pees in the box helps, great move.

#18 RavenFan28105

RavenFan28105

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

I'm not going to the the offense sucked. They did just what they had to do to win the game and not turn the ball over. They were also going against the #1 ranked defense and giving our road struggles, I thought they did fairly okay (not great). I just want Cam Cameron to get more creative. But it was a terrific team win, it's real hard to win in Pittsburgh (As the Ravens are their only 2 losses at home in the past 2 years. Great team win!

#19 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Perfect game for the D to show up in

#20 CharmCityRaven

CharmCityRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

GOOD GOD, MOST OF YOU PEOPLE ON HERE ARE HILARIOUS, LMAO!!!! Thank you for the laugh, I really appreciate it. I also appreciate you people being just where you are, right behind your computer screen, and you sure don't need to be any where else!!

I can't believe (well never mind, I forgot where I was for a second) some of the things that you people cry, complain and constantly gripe about on here, SPECIALLY AFTER A WIN, and a win against a heated/hated division rival in the Steelers!!

Of course there are plenty of things that need work, need tweaked, need adjusted etc. etc. etc!! But the Baltimore Ravens are 8-2, are sitting atop the AFC North division with now a two game lead over the Steelers, have won so far all of their division games and every last conference game except one (Houston)!! So as of right now all those things are a HUGE help, "if" it comes down to it and the Ravens need that kind of help to decide a seed or whatever.

The Ravens are winning games right now, not pretty by any means, BUT WHO CARES how pretty it is. A win is a win, is a win!!!!!! C'MON MAN, enjoy this win and let them boys and coaches keep doing what they're doing. Once there is a COMPLETE MELT DOWN, then go back to your crying and nit picking and pointing fingers and having complete little kid temper tantrums!!

Tha RAVENS WON AND IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT MONDAY, AND WEEK!!! WELL DONE BOYS AND GET THAT REST YALL NEED!!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 19 November 2012 - 01:23 AM.
Profanity