Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BohBalmerOsbohs

Kevlar in helmet

6 posts in this topic

Someone explain to me how this is supposed to help his brain from sloshing around in his skull?

Yes, Kevlar can stop a bullet, but the energy of the blast has to go somewhere (his skull). Kevlar is designed to protect from cuts, abrasions and heat. Theres only so much it can absorb.

To me, it feels like you're making a helmet even more of a weapon

Notice how it's Ryan Clark and James Harrison with it in their helmets... it should tell you something.

I guess their thinking is that if it absorbs the impact of a bullet, it can absorb the impact of a hit? But, as you said, it doesn't exactly prevent the brain from bouncing around in the skull.

What I want to know is how well the helmet fits with that extra layer. They said he had to go up a size in his helmet because of that extra padding, but even with that, does it really do any good if it's still a little too big?

[quote name='MissK528' timestamp='1353302627' post='1225491']
I guess their thinking is that if it absorbs the impact of a bullet, it can absorb the impact of a hit? But, as you said, it doesn't exactly prevent the brain from bouncing around in the skull.

[/quote]

Hardly. Ever seen someones skin after getting shot with a Kevlar vest on? bruising and somtimes even bleeding. It stops the projectile but all the force still gets absorbed into your body.

Like I said in the GT. If you have to wear Kevlar around your head to play, maybe you should be sitting this one out.

Clark made a few plays last night and pointed to his head. We get it, your stupid.