Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

San Diego Super Chargers

228 posts in this topic

I am in for Revenge next week! Who here is with me?
Time to persuede Norv to come to us. Proper beatdown time!!!!
Go Ravens

Hopefully Pitta's concussion isn't too bad. On one hand, I would like to save his health for the next Pit game, but on the other, If we go on the road without Flacco's other security blanket, it might get really ugly.

This is the game that the Ravens struggle with every year it's on their schedule. The West Coast trip is not kind to East Coast teams.

I'm not optimistic, but the worst that can happen is an 8-3 record; the best is a 9-2 record.

This is no disrespect to the Chargers or their fans at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens are more focused on the second meeting with the Steelers.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1353299976' post='1225231']
This is the game that the Ravens struggle with every year it's on their schedule. The West Coast trip is not kind to East Coast teams.

I'm not optimistic, but the worst that can happen is an 8-3 record; the best is a 9-2 record.

This is no disrespect to the Chargers or their fans at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens are more focused on the second meeting with the Steelers.
[/quote]
Hey, I would know, but SD is competing for a top ten pick, we better not play down to their level!

Is it too much to hope that Norv gets canned during the week and we can hire him the next day? Not that he's doing any better right now, but I would take any kind of change of scenery right now. I am so sick of Cam's conservative play calling. I'm also tired of the stubborn play calling, where we run up the gut when we can't run up the gut. I get the whole "keep them honest", but for the love of God.

Important game for us.

Potentially a confidence booster for our D as Rivers is a turnover machine this year.

I want a win vs them [b]bad[/b].

Even though they've done horrible this year, we can't take em lightly. I want a blowout man!

Our offense is going to have to show up because 13 points isn't going to cut it. Then again, it could be just because it was Pittsburgh. I can see us putting up a fight against the Chargers and if the Chargers want to fire Norv, feel free to.

The Chargers always worry me. They seem to come up with fantastic performances against us every single year we play them, especially on offense.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1353300716' post='1225343']
If we beat the Chargers, we will be in GREAT SHAPE!
[/quote]
We basically win the division with a win next week.

This has Trap Game written all over it, especially after a steeler game. Man, i wish i was still in SD for this

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1353300777' post='1225348']

We basically win the division with a win next week.
[/quote]

Close to it.

[quote name='usmccharles' timestamp='1353300805' post='1225351']
This has Trap Game written all over it, especially after a steeler game. Man, i wish i was still in SD for this
[/quote]
I am in SF, maybe I will go lol.

how come the Ravens always play out west instead of the chargers coming east to M&T?

~Mili

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1353300889' post='1225360']
Close to it.
[/quote]
We worry bout denver if the scenario plays out well

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1353300919' post='1225365']
how come the Ravens always play out west instead of the chargers coming east to M&T?

~Mili
[/quote]
Bc Even Roger shows Bias against us

I'm not optimistic either, but if we were to string one great road performance in this year, this would be it

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1353300971' post='1225371']
We get to see J.J. :(
[/quote]
You mean hasnt done much since leaving us? Yeah, I am not worried

I hope Gaither is out again next week. Without him that Oline struggles a ton.

[/quote]

i met him over the summer, he said he couldnt wait for this game lol

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1353301048' post='1225381']
You mean hasnt done much since leaving us? Yeah, I am not worried
[/quote]
He's looked good in the primetime games I've seen him play in. He probably wants us too

Mmmm, who knows. The Chargers have lots of fight and are still a good team even if they've been playing horribly. This is one of those games we probably don't win. I had it as an L before the season and that hasn't changed regardless of the Chargers ineptitude. I'm high on a victory over the Squealers right now, so I'll be back in this thread later this week to talk for real, but right now I don't care if we drop one to the Chargers because we've got the Steelers at home the week after that and we're going to trounce them. :th_happypills:

Im still pretty salty over last years meeting with them. Get to Rivers and play well on the road as an offense (finally), and we should win.

[/quote]

that's gonna feel weird watching J.J. play against our offense. go get'em Ravens! lol!

~Mili

[quote name='usmccharles' timestamp='1353301139' post='1225388']
i met him over the summer, he said he couldnt wait for this game lol
[/quote]
Thats awesome!

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1353301404' post='1225413']
I'm hungry for a 50 burger, anyone else starving?
[/quote]

Feed Mr. Irrelevant More!

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1353301743' post='1225431']

[/quote]
Ugh..... In-N-Out on me for a literal 50 burger lol

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1353301261' post='1225401']
that's gonna feel weird watching J.J. play against our offense. go get'em Ravens! lol!

~Mili
[/quote]

even at his worst during this point of his career, he still gives me fits about our run game.

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1353303571' post='1225558']

even at his worst during this point of his career, he still gives me fits about our run game.
[/quote]
One man(two weddle is the best safety in the nfl) does not make a D

[quote name='usmccharles' timestamp='1353300805' post='1225351']
[/quote]

haha This isn't any trap game. SD pretty much gives us a beat down whenever we play at their House and, it seems lately we always play at their House.

At least with the win tonight, we still hold the division lead even if we do lose in SD no matter what else happens. I'm hoping we can pull a win off there though.

If we do, I think it will be hard for the Steelers to come into our House and beat us. A win in SD could seal the division title for us.

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1353304192' post='1225591']
Meh; hasn't this board mentioned that [i]every[/i] game, this season, has been labeled as a (potential) "trap game"?
[/quote]

Yeah, someone thinks every game is a trap game. Lol.

This isn't a trap game, because again like ravensdfan said, Chargers has beat us up last time and we knew it.
I really hope we don't overlook this game at all, I was worried when I didn't hear John Harbaugh talk about the Chargers... It doesn't look good for the game that we all thought we were gonna lose.

the chargers have the talent to be very good, but Rivers is having a terrible season so far and our defense has played well the last two games. hoping we carry this momentum out west and get the w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xArv_1YuwQM

I think it'll be an offensive shootout but we finally have the offense to go toe to toe with Rivers and Co. I'm REALLY hoping that Norv falls into our laps. I think he's the key to unlocking Joe's full potential.

[quote name='cursona pirate' timestamp='1353324174' post='1225750']
If we beat the chargers I'll be electric.
[/quote]

If we win, I'll be stunned (ecstatic, but stunned). With our track record of losing the week after we beat the Steelers and then the travel to the west coast, my gut says "loss".

Philip Rivers acts like its the Super Bowl every time he plays us . I'm not sure why but he always seems extra motivated .

We need to get the run game going big time
and keep the ball out of his hands .

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1353300058' post='1225244']
Is it too much to hope that Norv gets canned during the week and we can hire him the next day? Not that he's doing any better right now, but I would take any kind of change of scenery right now. I am so sick of Cam's conservative play calling. I'm also tired of the stubborn play calling, where we run up the gut when we can't run up the gut. I get the whole "keep them honest", but for the love of God.
[/quote]

We are not the only team that obstinately "runs up the gut". It seems so foolish to keep trying that when it rarely works. Is there some reason that all the teams try to force such a run?

[quote name='cursona pirate' timestamp='1353324174' post='1225750']
If we beat the chargers I'll be electric.
[/quote]Will you be 'charged' perhaps? :drums:

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1353300058' post='1225244']
[/quote]
Norv Turner is soooooooo much worse than cam cameron. Trust me the reason the chargers arent an elite team is 10000% because of Norv, how they didnt make the super bowl with LT, and Rivers, and Gates and all that pro bowl talent is beyond me. Even this year they could be an elite team but Norv is just bad at calling plays. He is similar to Cam in that he doesnt know how to apply a balanced run/pass ratio. He either throws the ball too much or runs the ball too much. Like yesterday in the 4th quarter of their loss to Denver, Norv ran the ball twice on 3rd down and mid/long resulting in 3 and outs. He also doesnt know how to use his players effectively. He benched Ryan Mathews earlier in the year for fumbling on the goal-line. It was his first fumble of the year, and Mahews does have a history of fumbling...but he is the runningback who you traded up for in the draft. And then Norv lied and said they werent trying to bench him because of the fumble but mathews was benched for 2 games and now is limited to a early down, no redzone back, all thanks to norv turner. Plain and simple I would rather take jason garrett or someone else, maybe a young coach coming out of college even though i dont know if anyone will be coming to the NFL. But norv is worse than cam cameron...and cam will likely be here till seasons end and if for some reason we make it to the superbowl or even to AFC cahmpionship game Cam will be here for the long haul. Harbaugh is best buddies with cam so it will take some serious events to make cam leave.

Well, Denario Alexander and Malcom Floyd are pretty darn good WR's. We need to apply pressure consistently, get Rivers to feel rushed. If the pass rush can get there, we can get some turnovers from them.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1353300919' post='1225365']

~Mili
[/quote]
I've been saying that since the schedule came out.We always play at Qualcomm.smh

[quote name='nyc9192' timestamp='1353343929' post='1226044']

I've been saying that since the schedule came out.We always play at Qualcomm.smh
[/quote]We've played at the Q the last three times we've played against the Chargers. Trust me i know lol. Gives me a chance to see my birds again though!!

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1353330972' post='1225806']
Philip Rivers acts like its the Super Bowl every time he plays us . I'm not sure why but he always seems extra motivated .

We need to get the run game going big time
and keep the ball out of his hands .
[/quote]
Rivers just hates us,.... Him and his ego. Nothing more than an average QB if you ask me.... Large amounts of stats bc he has to play from behind

[quote name='BMORElegacy' timestamp='1353318063' post='1225738']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xArv_1YuwQM[/media]

I think it'll be an [u][b]offensive shootout[/b][/u] but we finally have the offense to go toe to toe with Rivers and Co. I'm REALLY hoping that Norv falls into our laps. I think he's the key to unlocking Joe's full potential.
[/quote]

are you serious man? you can't be! after watching how this offense plays on the road what would make you even think this? i must respectfully...SMH @ you. lol!

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1353345533' post='1226078']

are you serious man? you can't be! after watching how this offense plays on the road what would make you even think this? i must respectfully...SMH @ you. lol!

~Mili
[/quote]
Well admit it, you hope he is right