Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Dennis Pitta Out With Concussion

29 posts in this topic

Dennis Pitta took a hard hit on a third-down catch on Baltimore's first drive.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Dennis-Pitta-Out-With-Concussion/68bb16e2-3798-41f0-aa7d-b3f22c6e806e]View the full article[/url]

I am so sick of the 3rd and 1 and we hand it off to Ray to make it 3rd and 4, why can't we do a QB sneak ever!!!!! to get the 1st down...? It's ridiculous we score one more time and we can make it a 2 score game...instead we punt it away! Cameron please pack your bags and get on the first flight out of here!!!

Great job tonight the defense is playing better . I will take this win. get well soon Pitta

[quote name='Rav92ens' timestamp='1353298767' post='1224789']
I am so sick of the 3rd and 1 and we hand it off to Ray to make it 3rd and 4, why can't we do a QB sneak ever!!!!! to get the 1st down...? It's ridiculous we score one more time and we can make it a 2 score game...instead we punt it away! Cameron please pack your bags and get on the first flight out of here!!!
[/quote] we won the game , Cam cameron is not going anywhere enjoy the victory for 5 minutes

Oh boy will all the critics be out this week. Trade Joe, Fire Cam, Fire Dean and we might as well get rid of John too. Oh, By the way we WON the game. We are 8-2. Just keep on compalining folks while I enjoy the ride.

Its amazing we won that one with the lousy play calling. Why do we crowd everyone in the middle and expect someone to run thru that mass of bodys? Or on 3rd and one like for out last offensive play do we spread it out and try to pass. We need to spread it out THEN run Ray or Vonte straight ahead. Less people to block, less people to tackle our runner. We didnt want to throw it anyway cuz an incomplete pass would stop the clock.
THINK CAM THINK!!!

Folks, there is a reason why the Steelers have the Number 1 defense...and it shows in the stats. However, the Ravens have proven that they can win with all aspects of the game.

Flacco did not fumble the ball, throw any picks or try to force more than a couple of passes. He took care of the ball and had just enough yardage to keep the Steelers on the long field.

Did you see all the incomplete passes on the out patterns? If you saw them, did you see Ike Taylor undercutting the pattern almost every time? It was mentioned a couple of times that Flacco looked like he was throwing the ball away rather than risking an INT!

On the 3rd down at the 2 minute warning, I believe Flacco wasted as much clock as he could then took the sack rather than risk an incomplete pass that would have stopped the clock. His play ate about 14 seconds off the clock during the play plus another 40 seconds until taking the time out to avoid a delay of game penalty.

The running game also had trouble because the Steelers had 7 men stacking the box and wanted to force Flacco to make mistakes.

He did not cooperate and made no mistakes, and the Ravens are now 8-2!

Enjoy the ride home, Ravens!

I hate the Ravens because they have taken a fairly healthy man and made me a heart patient! Come on guys, give us a few more Cincinnati and Raider type games just for the health of all the fans!

[quote name='BMoreRelentless' timestamp='1353302197' post='1225461']
Thank you Jacoby; you saved our arses tonight. Please try to find a more manly TD dance. D, you held your own tonight thank you too.
[/quote]

That dance was a mock toward a steeler player, please try to keep up!! And with him returning kickoffs and punts for TDs as much and often as he is, and being a STs STUD, he can do whatever dance he pleases!!!!

[quote name='CharmCityRaven' timestamp='1353314085' post='1225730']
That dance was a mock toward a steeler player, please try to keep up!! And with him returning kickoffs and punts for TDs as much and often as he is, and being a STs STUD, he can do whatever dance he pleases!!!!
[/quote]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#222222]Whatever!?[/color]

[color=#222222]Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that he ran back the punt and scored. I just not a fan of the touchdown endzone dances, I don't care who's doing them. This is football, not dancing with the stars. Spike the ball, give it away, keep it for a souvenir, Tebow, slam dunk it, back flip or just run off the field. The dances and over the top celebrations that are contrived are juvenile IMHO. If you like them that's fine; maybe you should consider choreographing some moves and sending him a tape. [/color][/font][/size]

I'm with you BMoreRelentless!
These guys should act like they've been there before.
I agree that getting a TD is a big deal but the stupid dancing takes away from the professionalism of the sport. You said it all. Do a spike, pump your fist, do a lion roar, whatever but "dancing with the stars" is just embarrassing and juvenile and not consistant with the class organization we are.

Peej, I wish I could click the sign more on your post. Right on. And if Flacco DID take that sack on purpose as you describe, props to him! Taking sacks from the Squeelers must be pretty low on his TO-DO list. Ha! Tough game against the number 1 defense. And the Squeelers went nowhere after Leftwhich's big run. Go Ravens!

[quote name='Peej' timestamp='1353302689' post='1225496']
Folks, there is a reason why the Steelers have the Number 1 defense...and it shows in the stats. However, the Ravens have proven that they can win with all aspects of the game.

Flacco did not fumble the ball, throw any picks or try to force more than a couple of passes. He took care of the ball and had just enough yardage to keep the Steelers on the long field.

Did you see all the incomplete passes on the out patterns? If you saw them, did you see Ike Taylor undercutting the pattern almost every time? It was mentioned a couple of times that Flacco looked like he was throwing the ball away rather than risking an INT!.........

........The running game also had trouble because the Steelers had 7 men stacking the box and wanted to force Flacco to make mistakes.

He did not cooperate and made no mistakes, and the Ravens are now 8-2!....

[/quote]
Yup. Joe's TD to INT #'s are nearly indentical against Pittsburgh (home/away). But this ultra-conservative play when we have even a small lead has come back to bite us. I'm all for taking care of the ball but noticed Torrey's route running was mundane as was the play calling.Good thing we won, because everyone would be talking about wanting Cam's head if we didn't.

The conservative play was understandable, especially when the only good aspect of the Stealers is there D. That team has very little shot of making the playoffs without Ben. But this Jekyll and Hyde play of the offense and Joe needs to be addressed. While I was watching last night, I said to myself, Joe needs to see a shrink!

Boy, do we need Pitta on the field. Especially in the red zone. He just stands tall over Dickson as our #1 TE option. Get well, big guy!