Photo

Byron Leftwich and his 31yd rushing touchdown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'm pointing the blame right at Suggs, Ellerbe and Kemoeatu. All three had the opportunity to hustle and make the tackle, but they all pull up expecting Corey Graham and Pollard to cleanup on the sideline, only Graham gets blocked and Pollard misses.

Where was the hustle? we just made the most immobile QB look like Cam Newton, he even lost his balance while running and fell over in the goalline. Embarrassing.

Edited by BloodRaven, 18 November 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

It was a good play on his part.... I am not angry... I am just waiting till he and the Squeelers come to the bank.
Banned

#3 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

It matters not.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#4 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,667 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Pollard deserves some blame for a poor attempt at a tackle - it is his job, after all; he's a safety... He atoned for it later
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#5 sflegend89

sflegend89

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Hate to say it but it was mostly Sizzle, he was supposed to keep contain and he tried to make a big play early and stunted back inside. Pollard also missed the tackle on him down the sidelines going for the big hit. Sloppy play but we held firm and didn't allow another Td the rest of the night, I'll take it.
<p>"I run wherever I land on the runway, gimme daylight and I'm Justin Forsett on a run play" - LOS

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

... and, after that, the Ravens defense played their best game, tonight; back-up quarterback-or-whatever...

They couldnt do crap! :) Hope Kurt Warner is right and that we go back into the top 10 by the end of the year
Banned

#7 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Watch the replay. I think you will see a block in the back.

#8 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hate to say it but it was mostly Sizzle, he was supposed to keep contain and he tried to make a big play early and stunted back inside. Pollard also missed the tackle on him down the sidelines going for the big hit. Sloppy play but we held firm and didn't allow another Td the rest of the night, I'll take it.

Dude, what? Keep contain? He was rushing from the opposite side... Leftwich scrambled on the opposite side from where Suggs lined up

Edited by The Raven, 19 November 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#9 sflegend89

sflegend89

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Dude, what? Keep contain? He was rushing from the opposite side... Leftwich scrambled on the opposite side from where Suggs lined up

No, my post was actually 100% on point I just rewatched it on NFL.com

Sizzle is rushing from the same side Leftwich scrambles to, Sizzle stunts inside instead of keeping contain thus opening up that lane down the sideline,

http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap

Edited by sflegend89, 19 November 2012 - 12:35 AM.

<p>"I run wherever I land on the runway, gimme daylight and I'm Justin Forsett on a run play" - LOS

#10 757RavensFan

757RavensFan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

It was set up by the long PI call on....wait for it!

Cary Williams!!

#11 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'm pointing the blame right at Suggs, Ellerbe and Kemoeatu. All three had the opportunity to hustle and make the tackle, but they all pull up expecting Corey Graham and Pollard to cleanup on the sideline, only Graham gets blocked and Pollard misses.

Where was the hustle? we just made the most immobile QB look like Cam Newton, he even lost his balance while running and fell over in the goalline. Embarrassing.

I couldnt believe Suggs was behind him and pretty much gave up on pursuit when he saw Pollard coming up to lay the wood. Im sure any player would have done the same but if Sizzle stayed with it, we would have won 13-3
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#12 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

or 6
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#13 wikle

wikle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

that run was frustrating, but the end where leftwich got hurt turned out to be huge for us. all about the end result

#14 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

I don't mind the Pollard miss it happens and you can't make every single tackle. What I didn't like was the complacency, Ray and the Ravens of old would have swarmed at him relentlessly and he wouldn't have stumbled his way into the endzone.

Well, we still won so theres that :D.

#15 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Thankfully, that was the BIGGEST play they gave up to Leftwich. I'd chalk it up as a novelty fluke. Leftwich hasn't seen the light of the NFL day in forever, so they didn't know what to expect.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#16 The King

The King

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

It seemed like everyone expected him to just jog out of bounds when he got to the sideline and gave up on it rather than finishing the play. No one wants to get called for unnecessary roughness down there.

#17 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

Suggs is not up to full speed, as is to be expected since he should not be playing until next year with his injury, and there is no real film on Lefty since he played for the Bucs. What is important is it didn't happen again
68f2a8.jpg

#18 TXRaven

TXRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Its all good. We won. Think Suggs was moving as fast as he could there. Remember, he is not 100% yet.

#19 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

No, my post was actually 100% on point I just rewatched it on NFL.com

Sizzle is rushing from the same side Leftwich scrambles to, Sizzle stunts inside instead of keeping contain thus opening up that lane down the sideline,

http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap

My mistake. Still, that looked like a designed stunt, where Suggs stunts in and the DT loops out.

#20 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Did anyone else think that Pittsburgh celebrated like they won the game after scoring that touchdown? Or is it just me?