Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sunday QB

Merged: Comments on Cam and the Offense-Week 11

97 posts in this topic

I agree completely. Maybe Flacco had something to do with it, but for whatever reason, we were ultra conservative tonight. Glad we won.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1353299853' post='1225207']
I agree completely. Maybe Flacco had something to do with it, but for whatever reason, we were ultra conservative tonight. Glad we won.
[/quote]
I think it was more the protection. Don't think he wanted Joe to get hurt. Also they were forcing us underneath. We need more from Dickson, period.

Taking care of the ball was a winning formula tonight. The offense stalled, but they knew the D would do the job, so why risk it?

Dear lord could Cam Cameron be any more awful.

It's comical that he is still the OC of this team.

We were conservative and dared PIT to beat us. The team that makes the least amount of mistakes wins. We made one mistake and that is it! IK I bashed Cam a bunch tonight, bc I was fired up, its a rivalry game man! Cam actually called a good game. He aint playing

Cam is horrible. He is clueless how to move the chains on the road. He calls more drive killing 3rd down calls than any coordinator in the league. I bet our 3rd Down conversion is close to 25%

As much as I tried to support Cam , it's Cam as to why the offense performs like it does.

I knew every steelers game are tough, but come on. The offense was pultrid. Flacco & Ray Rice looked like complete amateurs tonight. Oh, and Cam stunk.

After seeing how close they came to picking off Flacco in the first half, Cam shut the offense down. It worked. After all, they are the #1 defense.

Third and 2. First down needed to win the game.
Shotgun formation.
That's putrid. It really is. Not even a play action, straight into passing to put unnecessary pressure on Flacco.

I was livid with the vanilla play calling for most of tonight's game. But after thinking about it, it may have been the smart thing to do away from home against the squealers. Then I turn around and think we could have opened up and blown them away.

Was it a good roll of the dice or a stupid idea to leave so much in the locker room?

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1353300485' post='1225316']
After seeing how close they came to picking off Flacco in the first half, Cam shut the offense down. It worked. After all, they are the #1 defense.
[/quote]

Exactly. Tonight was proof for everyone who ever thought ST was a waste. One play can change a game. Our offense couldn't get it done, so we turned to a unit filled primarily with rookies and guys lower on the depth chart.

Worst playcalling I've seen in awhile. We need to make some serious changes or we won't last with the way our D has been playing.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1353300485' post='1225316']
After seeing how close they came to picking off Flacco in the first half, Cam shut the offense down. It worked. [b]After all, they are the #1 defense.[/b]
[/quote]

Their ranking shouldn't you mean you go ultra-conservative, especially when D clearly looked to be tiring at times.

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1353300133' post='1225259']
Dear lord could Cam Cameron be any more awful.

It's comical that he is still the OC of this team.
[/quote]

This was the worst play calling of the season . It was beyond bad .

The pass of 3rd and 2 was really bad... You have to run it there, especially with your high priced backfield.

Offense was horrible. Playcalling and players. Joe, Ray and the offensive line. Anquan was the only one playing on offense tonight. Thank you special teams........(Jacoby Jones).

I have to admit that I cursed Cam up one side and down the other during the game, especially on the run, run, run, punt sequence, but I'll take the win. Tonight was a good night to go conservative, especially after Pitta got knocked out early.

Steelers played great D. That said, we also played right into their hands with conservative playcalling, terrible route combinations, strange personnel packages, and bad reads and throws by Joe. It's really concerning that this has been a theme since Harbaugh/Cam/Joe's second year.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1353301041' post='1225380']
The pass of 3rd and 2 was really bad... You have to run it there, especially with your high priced backfield.
[/quote]

if you want to dial up a pass play in that situation, did it have to be shotgun with 3+ WR's? man did he get away with that one.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1353301234' post='1225398']
Offense was horrible. Playcalling and players. Joe, Ray and the offensive line. [b]Anquan was the only one playing on offense tonight.[/b] Thank you special teams........(Jacoby Jones).
[/quote]

The o-line deserve credit for their work in pass pro most of the night. And it's not like Torrey or Jacoby weren't running routes. It's just too bad they were the same tired ones we've seen.

I've said it a million times.......Cam has not and never will maximize the talent he has on offense.....this team is LOADED with playmakers on offense, Ray, Torrey, Dickson, Jacoby, Boldin...he's got a ton of talent on this offense and it consistently plays under the talent level.....its all on Cam....against good teams with good defenses he consistently gets out coached.....example # 245 of this tonight.....all that talent on offense and the defense has to win the game.

Please Mr. Biscotti, put your foot down and insist on a new offensive coordinator next year.