Schedule      Roster     

Photo

[News] Which Defense Is Older: Steelers or Ravens?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

The Steelers and Ravens both have aging stars on defense, but which one is truly older?

View the full article

#2 Waccoflacco

Waccoflacco

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Does it really matter? Steelers are no. 1 ranked defense and we are in the bottom 10. These articles about Steelers are sometimes so boring and we have to stop being over obsessive about beating Steelers and start focusing on winning SB. Not the other way around.

#3 M@rtinez

M@rtinez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

@Waccoflacco..agreed. but my two cent to the article. Squeelers are older and way worn then ours

#4 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Age can be a factor, but really who cares how old anyone is if the coach feels they are the best player available. Older age can also be an advantage instead of a handicap.

So having said that....stomp these old guys in yellow and black into the ground Ravens!

GO RAVENS!

#5 Ravenous-D

Ravenous-D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Don't discount the fact that the Steelers D is aging and had one less day of rest due to MNF. That's a big deal.

#6 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

The squeelers defense is #1 because they havent seen Joe Flacco and Ray Rice yet! "Numbers dont Lie" but they will "Crumble" Sunday Night! The mistakes the Ravens made against the texans will benefit them in this game and the rest of the season! 8-2!

#7 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,503 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

One more day and we can read about our victory.

Edited by Zeus, 17 November 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#8 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Pundits make too big a deal out of the age of a defense, or team in general. Now that we have all these young guys in there, was this supposed to be better or something? Oh lookie there, we have a young defense and it just so happens to be the worst one in team history. I'll take the 'old' defense any day of the week.

#9 iBleed_Purple52

iBleed_Purple52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

i personally dont think age matters its all about knowledge of the gm why you think were sboth so good yr in & yr out

#10 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,868 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

regardless of their ages....both teams have to buckle up their chin straps and get on the field. the Ravens need to go in there and handle their own business and get out of Heinz Field with the "W" and a 8-2 record...by any means necessary!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 17 November 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#11 cushrinada1986

cushrinada1986

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Lets not forget, if ray was playing, we probably would be even since he is 37 and their MlB is 32.

#12 Shutdowns-R-us

Shutdowns-R-us

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

@cushrinada1986

"But even if he [Ray Lewis] were starting in place of Ellerbe, that would only bump the Ravens' average age to 29, still a year and a half younger than Pittsburgh."

Edited by Shutdowns-R-us, 17 November 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#13 Chris K

Chris K

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Age is not really too much of a detriment unless you factor in major injuries over a long career, especially in intensified physical positions like defense where you are in brutal plays for the majority of the game.

In the words of Ray himself,"16 years+, Different Level of Wisdom, Different Level of Understandment.."

#14 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,399 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

The Steelers are old and we will prove it on Sunday night!

#15 ravens4life35

ravens4life35

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

haha - what defense? - we are adopting a new offense and will get better hopefully if they remain consistent but the ravens cant even stop the run - they have had troubles with that this year - this is something the ravens were always good at doing but this year they just are not able to stop the run - as long as the offense can put up enough points to win the game that is all that matters

#16 ravens4life35

ravens4life35

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

ravenous - the ravens also have an aging defense but the fact is that the steelers are ranked higher in total defense than the ravens - i think the ravens are ranked like 27th or 28th in total defense - however they cannot stop the run either and they have proven that week after week throughout the season

#17 Chris K

Chris K

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

ravenous - the ravens also have an aging defense but the fact is that the steelers are ranked higher in total defense than the ravens - i think the ravens are ranked like 27th or 28th in total defense - however they cannot stop the run either and they have proven that week after week throughout the season

We're also #1 in the redzone, where it counts. The browns didn't score a single TD against us two weeks ago and the Raiders only made two big plays and one of those was due to a missed tackle from a hurting Reed.

If the Steelers think they are going to ground and pound to try and score they'll end up like Cleveland.

#18 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Old young to me really do not really matter. when you are older you are suppose to be wise to the game. When you are younger you are suppose to have speed but not experience come on man we need both for any team playing in the NFL Just my opinion.

#19 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Both is good, I guess we've got a good balance of old and young, just like Pitt. But, let's show them for one day, our Defense can be as strong or stronger than theirs!

#20 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

I don't care who's older it's clear who's playing better D and they don't wear purple!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users