Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gashman

Man Card or Man Card Violation?

37 posts in this topic

I for one am very excited for this home stretch of the season starting in Pittsburgh. I am giving all the Ravens, including the coaching staff, a MAN CARD for the combined team effort of domination in all 3 phases of the game against vs the Raiders.

I am looking forward to seeing the next men up, to keep earning their man cards, really excited to see our new crop of Ravens fully appreciate what it means to lay it all out starting this Sunday night.

The main question I have at this point, is what have we learned so far?
There has been a lot of talk so far this season, and especially about our road woes. We have some scores to settle, Pitt, SD, Mannings, let's see what the 2012 Baltimore Ravens Men are made of.

At this time, before the Pittsburgh game, I am hoping no one gives any man card violations until we see if what we saw vs the Raiders was a fluke, or if was the 2012 Ravens machine just getting fired up!

Yep. Maybe we judge this defense not by yards given up, but by points given up, and take aways. I am looking forward to seeing how many man cards are given to Upshaw, Brown, Kruger, and Tyson this week.

Hope Pitta and Dickson pick up some more "Man Cards" I want to see more from them, they have a lot of potential. We've all seen Pitta's moments of brilliance.

Lol

I didn't know they gave man cards for the way you played. I always thought it was for liking/disliking something, etc. This is new to me!

Lol...a fun way to rate! Maybe from watching too many Beer commercials!

However, in this thread, instead of bashing or complaining, like a zillion fire cam and pees threads, maybe you could be more specific, like giving Pees a man card for a timely blitz that worked, or a man card violation for no press coverage by our db's etc, or if you want to give a violation for a player causing too many penalties or getting man handled, whatever. Call Cam out for running the same non working play 3 times in a row, or give cam a man card for calling an effective screen pass on 3rd down to the blitzing side and it worked. Whatever it is, be specific! Have fun with it.

[quote name='Gashman' timestamp='1353179567' post='1220890']
Lol...a fun way to rate! Maybe from watching too many Beer commercials!

However, [u][b]in this thread, instead of bashing or complaining, like a zillion fire cam and pees threads, maybe you could be more specific[/b][/u], like giving Pees a man card for a timely blitz that worked, or a man card violation for no press coverage by our db's etc, or if you want to give a violation for a player causing too many penalties or getting man handled, whatever. Call Cam out for running the same non working play 3 times in a row, or give cam a man card for calling an effective screen pass on 3rd down to the blitzing side and it worked. Whatever it is, be specific! Have fun with it.
[/quote]

are you serious? good luck with that one bruh! lol!

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1353181016' post='1220913']

are you serious? good luck with that one bruh! lol!

~Mili
[/quote]

I hear ya....I am holding back until after the game. I think our guys know whats at stake, and I expect them to step up. That being said, if we lay another egg like we did in Houston, Violations will be flying!

[quote name='Gashman' timestamp='1353174272' post='1220847']
I for one am very excited for this home stretch of the season starting in Pittsburgh. I am giving all the Ravens, including the coaching staff, a MAN CARD for the combined team effort of domination in all 3 phases of the game against vs the Raiders.

I am looking forward to seeing the next men up, to keep earning their man cards, really excited to see our new crop of Ravens fully appreciate what it means to lay it all out starting this Sunday night.

The main question I have at this point, is what have we learned so far?
There has been a lot of talk so far this season, and especially about our road woes. We have some scores to settle, Pitt, SD, Mannings, let's see what the 2012 Baltimore Ravens Men are made of.

At this time, before the Pittsburgh game, I am hoping no one gives any man card violations until we see if what we saw vs the Raiders was a fluke, or if was the 2012 Ravens machine just getting fired up!
[/quote]
OMG! Like I care!

Sorry but useless thread is useless..

This is all being discussed in the Week 11 Official Game Thread.

[b][i]Here ------> [/i][color=#800080]http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49552-week-11-baltimore-ravens-at-pittsburgh-steelers/#entry1220345[/color][/b]

[quote name='Chris K' timestamp='1353182144' post='1220934']
Sorry but useless thread is useless..

This is all being discussed in the Week 11 Official Game Thread.

[b][i]Here ------> [/i][color=#800080]http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49552-week-11-baltimore-ravens-at-pittsburgh-steelers/#entry1220345[/color][/b]
[/quote]

You're critiqueing our threads in your 3rd post? Oh yeah, that's going to fly.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1353183419' post='1220940']
[u][b]You're critiqueing our threads in your 3rd post?[/b][/u] Oh yeah, that's going to fly.
[/quote]

that was cold M3. true...but cold! :D

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1353185281' post='1220949']

that was cold M3. true...but cold! :D

~Mili
[/quote]

Sorry, but I take pride in our forums.

Can us regular people earn man cards too? Are there like, half-man cards for someone who say, saves a woman from a mugger but while putting his coat around her shoulders squeals and runs like a little girl when a rat comes out of the alley the mugger came from?

[quote name='cursona pirate' timestamp='1353189904' post='1220999']

K.
[/quote]
Sure

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1353209815' post='1221131']
I got a limited edition charzard if anyone's interested in trading cards?
[/quote]

I have a Ryan Leaf rookie card. Deal? Seems fair to me.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1353239172' post='1221225']
This is still open?
[/quote]
Nope

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1353239454' post='1221226']

Nope
[/quote]

But.......

How?

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1353241449' post='1221236']
Now that this thread has been turned into something not Ravens-related, off to "Off Topic" it goes.
[/quote]
Yipee!

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1353239572' post='1221229']

But.......

How?
[/quote]
Well

[img]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x337/codyallanb14/b9189936.jpg[/img]