Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravens Lover

Ravens Steelers Rivalry number six on NFL Networks top Ten

47 posts in this topic

All-Time? It doesn't have the classical ring to it, which is what propelled the others. Is Patriots/Colts above us?

If they are talking about in all sports since sports started, then 6th is pretty high. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the Redskins and Cowboys were a pretty fierce rivalry and there have been others. If we are talking about just active sports teams today, I do not think there is a question.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1353173964' post='1220845']
NFL network. Nuff said
[/quote]
^ This.

No bias here but I think we have the best current rivalry in all of sports. Most physical by far. Players & fans of both teams HATE eachother. And we're both consistently winning while one of us being a top seeded team every year. I don't get it

To straighten everybody out, it's a list of the top ten NFL rivalries of all time. Not any other sport and not just current rivalries.

really 6th is pretty great considering our rivalry isn't that old. some other great ones would be redskins/cowboys, packers/bears, chiefs/raiders, the titans/ravens was pretty good for the few years the titans were relevant

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1353214005' post='1221163']
We have a young rivalry, about 10 years.... That's why... :). Anyway the Ucla USC rivalry is better IMHO..... Go bruins and ravens!!!!!
[/quote]if we are putting college football in as well i would think notre dame/usc or notre dame/miami. nothing quite like the catholics vs. convicts games

I can not for the life of me find the list, I'm curious to see who they have in front of us because Ravens-Steelers deserves to be in the top 5.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1353211784' post='1221144']
If they are talking about in all sports since sports started, then 6th is pretty high. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the Redskins and Cowboys were a pretty fierce rivalry and there have been others. If we are talking about just active sports teams today, I do not think there is a question.
[/quote]

Redskins Cowboys didnt even make the list

[quote name='sliceanddic3' timestamp='1353172593' post='1220835']
I started to watch, but I got distracted haha. I'd imagine Packers- Bears #1?
[/quote]

No they were either five or seven I forget, but Giants Eagles were number 1

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1353210597' post='1221140']
Steelers- Ravens best Rivalry in sports, not just Football.
[/quote]

No the people giving the interviews said it's too young, lololol. They tried saying it started in 2009.

I Know for a fact we have a good decade playing them hard.

Im pretty sure STEELERS and COWBOYS were number 2, lolololololol, yea if this was 40 yrs ago.

Number 1 i think was GIANTS and EAGLES.

I was dumbfounded when we were number 6. STUPIDFIED. I honestly thought we would have been number 1 , maybe number 2

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1353210597' post='1221140']
Steelers- Ravens best Rivalry in sports, not just Football.
[/quote]

I agree. Yankees/Redsox are second.

As for football, not even Cowboys/Redskins have the sizzle it once did. Packers/Bears? Nope.
Colts/Pats is nothing now that Peyton is gone. That was more Peyton/Brady if anything.

Jets/Pats is pushed by media too hard.

Ravens/Steelers is bigger than individual players. Ravens/Steelers is all anyone needs to say.

Perennial winners.
Classly run organizations.
Great drafting teams.

Bengals will have spurts here and there and the Browns will mess up a million dollars.

They had a good explanation of why it wasn't number 1. There are way more storied rivals and a lot of people were shocked to see Ravens Steelers even this high. It has only been going on since around 2009 and a three year rivalry doesn't mean too much compared to the other storied ones.

In history it places as it is.... Right now today it is one of the better rivalry in the all of sports.. I would watch reply on NFL network for the Steelers and Ravens...

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1353272418' post='1221820']
They had a good explanation of why it wasn't number 1. There are way more storied rivals and a lot of people were shocked to see Ravens Steelers even this high. It has only been going on since around 2009 and a three year rivalry doesn't mean too much compared to the other storied ones.
[/quote]

It's been a rivalry for about a good decade, but it didn't heat up until 2008.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1353272418' post='1221820']
They had a good explanation of why it wasn't number 1. There are way more storied rivals and a lot of people were shocked to see Ravens Steelers even this high. [b] It has only been going on since around 2009 and a three year rivalry doesn't mean too much compared to the other storied ones.[/b]
[/quote]

Are you even a Fan??? Their excuse was purely made up. LOLOL, 2009, i don't think so, its been going on since Maddox.

And the Other so called Storied ones are a joke. Almost all the Rivalries are 30 to 40 yrs plus and have been a joke for 20 plus yrs.

Maybe if they the top 10 was called BEST OLD RIVALRIES, it wasn't. What i got from it , was BEST RIVALRIES IN THE NFL TODAY.

And without question, its STEELERS , RAVENS.

Rivalries should have a rule in it , where the Teams actually have to be good and actually make it to the play offs.

LOL, Bungles and Browns , number 4. What a Joke.

The rivalry did [b]NOT[/b] start in 2009 or 2008. Who generated/perpetuated that lie?! It's been contentious for as long as I've been watching the game which was 2005 and I know it was hot before then.