152 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

The problem with the Ravens is that we are a banged up team, with Road Woes. Part of it is the stupidity of the coordinators, and the injuries, but if our players dont come through. Let me say this before these damn trolls screw Flacco over on this Forum....
The Eagles game was not Flacco's or Cams Fault, they just played better than us. The Texans played near perfect, and we all sucked that day. KC we still won, useless bringing that up, and Flacco still made the play to win the game.
Joe is a clutch QB as well....... He has the IT factor, his players around him don't. On the road though, the entire team, not just Joe sucks, and we are still a .500 team. The Title Suggest that this is a Flacco topic, I am here to tell you that it's more of a team thread... Flacco needs to step up his game. With Pees improved playcalling our defense has been pretty good (Oakland Sucks, but their offense is actually pretty good, even without McFadden, it's the D there that sucks), and Cary actually seems to be improving. If we can keep teams out of the endzone, we have the ability to win games, IF Flacco steps up. IK, many of you think that Geno Smith is the better option....... but our team lives and dies with him. I will make this debate all day, if you switch Shaub and Flacco, then I tell you all, Houston would be unbeatable. They might be the best team in NFL history.

With that said, I also believe that Rice should be a bigger part of the equation. As he is Joe's biggest, most powerful weapon... Joe can utilize him in the passing game, and can hand the ball of to him more often.
Flacco 30 attempts a game
Rice 20+ Carries.
Now the WRs need to get open, Torrey shouldn't go deep, if anything Jacoby needs to be the one who goes Deep. Torrey would be leathal going over the Middle, an NFL LB would not be able to catch him. If thats anything Cam needs to improve, that's one idea. I still am a fan of PA pass with 2 TE, just make Pitta run to the side (Size Mismatch), while Ed goes over the middle, as they wouldnt be able to catch him either. Do I need to explain Boldin in the slot? Nope, Nuff said.

While Joe runs the offense, he cannot do crap if he has no line to protect him. Personally, I say switch Osemele and Reid, and we are golden. I like Oher, and Yanda and Birk are locks.

Our offense is the key to our season. Joe needs to step up his game. I do not think we can lose a game if #5 comes under fire. I think our D bounces back, Cam saves his job, the recivers get seperation, and if Flacco steps us, we could make a serious case at the SB.

Thats a big IF however. It's a lot to ask. But he can get it done

But first, lets get it done Against PIT
I leave you with this, I hope he doesnt have to do this again tho. Have a good day y'all

Banned

#2 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Nice post.
I agree 100%.
From here on out this is Flaccos Ravens.
I think he can do it too.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#3 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

#5 in your program, #1 in your hearts!!

I believe this is Joe's year. True fans already recognize what this guy can do, but its now on Joe to take this team over the top. Give him the wheel and these weapons and he will do it. He has shown time and time again that he is CLUTCH.

JOE FLACCO BABY.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#4 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Geno Smith? Dude's probably going to be a top-10 pick. How exactly would the FO get their hands on him if they wanted him anyway? We'd have to give up MORE than the Redskins did.

#5 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

If our blocking improves, I would say we need to run it more.
But when needed, Flacco will finish.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#6 Radinho84

Radinho84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Geno Smith? Dude's probably going to be a top-10 pick. How exactly would the FO get their hands on him if they wanted him anyway? We'd have to give up MORE than the Redskins did.

what are you talking about?

#7 Radinho84

Radinho84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

I really canĀ“t get enough of that drive. that was some game!!!

gonna be a tough battle tomorrow night.

but i think we are ready. raiders game was special and we are always spot on against the steelers!!

#8 bmorefan444

bmorefan444

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

wore my new flacco jersey for the first time during the raiders game. lucky jersey!
"That's once again the same people who told me I was too small, the same people who said I couldn't win a Super Bowl with our offense, the same people who said I couldn't play in a 3-4, ... Are they with me when I get up every morning at 6:30 to go to work? The day I lose a step is the day I lose love for the game." Ray Lewis

#9 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

We've had a top 5 defense in previous years and we haven't gotten to the dance so pardon if I am not 100% confident Flacco can carry us with this swiss cheese defense when we have the same offensive coordinator...

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#10 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

I agree with everything except the constant debate over how many touches Rice should get. Rice needs his fair share of touches but if the run game is getting stuffed, we can't just continue to try and pound, three and outing every drive and throwing our defence back out into the fray with poor field position. Each game will be different, different teams are better at defending different aspects of the game. if we're getting 5+ yards/carry, heck run the ball every play. If they can't stop our passing game, run enough to keep them honest but pass away. All I care about is the number on the scoreboard that represents the number of times we scored is larger than the opponents at the end of the day.

#11 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,954 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

op said many of us think we should get smith in he draft... Did you not read the post?

#12 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

We've had a top 5 defense in previous years and we haven't gotten to the dance so pardon if I am not 100% confident Flacco can carry us with this swiss cheese defense when we have the same offensive coordinator...

I feel like if Denver or New England upset Houston we can get there, but if we have to go into houston

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

wore my new flacco jersey for the first time during the raiders game. lucky jersey!

for tomorrow nights game...i will be wearing my one of my Ravens shirt or a jersey, Ravens pajama pants, Ravens socks and drinking from one of my many Ravens glasses w/Ravens ice cubes. lol! my man room already has tons of Ravens merchandise in it so i will be surrounded by Ravens gear while i watch the game!

go Ravens!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 17 November 2012 - 09:35 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#14 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I actually think the season rests in the hands of our WRs. They're the group that that failed us time and again.
15fqib6.jpg

#15 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I agree, Flacco must carry the team, and I think he can do it.

Not to revisit the same old story - but hopefully Cam will call some good plays, and let Joe mix it up. Just like last week, the double reverse, trick plays, etc. not so conservative. I love when Ray runs, but he needs an opening, just like Joe needs time to set up the play.
The O-line must perform.

When you catch a team like the Steelers off guard, that is when you win!!

#16 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Good point, we'll have to wait and see. If Flacco can stay clean; sacks and turnover wise... I have confidence he can take us all the way. I THINK WE HAVE to work the middle of the field with our TWO TE's. Everytime they're both actively on the field, we smash people. Im not sure why Cam doesn't realize this... Pitta is a sure handed dude with the knack for finding a crease in the zone. Dickson can stretch the field vertically , and I don't really think many if ANY LBs can handle him down the field. Lets also keep in mind, both of these guys can play from the Slot too.. Damn it CAM!

#17 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Good point, we'll have to wait and see. If Flacco can stay clean; sacks and turnover wise... I have confidence he can take us all the way. I THINK WE HAVE to work the middle of the field with our TWO TE's. Everytime they're both actively on the field, we smash people. Im not sure why Cam doesn't realize this... Pitta is a sure handed dude with the knack for finding a crease in the zone. Dickson can stretch the field vertically , and I don't really think many if ANY LBs can handle him down the field. Lets also keep in mind, both of these guys can play from the Slot too.. Damn it CAM!

agreed! it's a beautiful thing to see! but Cam doesn't. hopefully, he dials them up more in pittsburg tomorrow night.

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#18 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

The OP mentioned something about "Some of you think Geno Smith may be the better option at quarterback." I'm just pointing out, just like that nonsense with trying to take Luck or RGIII last year, even if the front office was looking to upgrade the cost would be too high - just saying that some people act like they know what they're talking about when they don't think of the logistics behind it. Another example - people said we should have gotten Peyton Manning. Manning is making more than twice what Flacco is this year - to even think about getting him we'd have to cut someone, and unless we went nuts and slashed half the roster, it would have to be several players with huge salaries i.e. our best players, to do so. Kind of a long winded way of saying that right now, this year, Flacco was and is the best option both talent wise and money wise for this team, and going forward it will continue to be so since anyone who could even hint at being an upgrade would either a) cost too much money, or B. cost too many draft picks.

Edited by Ravenslifer, 17 November 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#19 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,433 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I think it relies on our defense. We can't play like a #26th ranked defense.

Our offense is fine, offensive line is only the real concern for me on offense. & of course play calling.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#20 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,954 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

I actually think the season rests in the hands of our WRs. They're the group that that failed us time and again.

no pun intended

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users