88 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Heinz Field is home away from home. Dixon believes Pit. wanted him. Ravens SB pretenders?

View the full article

#2 boycecharles

boycecharles

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Joyner is an idiot. Check your facts before you make a fool of yourself again.

#3 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

I think we are getting better at the perfect time of year. I don't care what sports writers have to say . How in the world can our schedule be considered easy are you freaking kidding me? I do understand the need to make a living but can we at least try a little integrity. you want to talk a soft schedule look at the falcons then come back and spew nonesense Joyner.

#4 dweezy420

dweezy420

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Agreed ... Cant ever count out any qb in the NFL.. That being said , you expect the odds makers to lean more to us after big ben gets announced OUT lol.

I think the ravens are alot smarter then to prepare less just because Big Ben is hurt haha ..I think we are going to plAY a good game hoping to win by say a touchdown or two :-P

#5 Jes

Jes

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

EASY SCHEDULE?? are you kidding me??? we played our first 4 games in 17 days!!! and now we have pitt, sd, pitt... that guy's an idiot

#6 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

The way this game's shaping up seems like the whole world will be watching, I've got a gut feeling that Joe Flacco will become an ELITE QB after this game

#7 ravens2thebowl

ravens2thebowl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

KC Joyner, thank you! We thrive as the underdog! And your 5 reasons that the Ravens are pretenders are laughable!

#8 dweezy420

dweezy420

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

An how can you say our schedule favors us ? LMAO .. if you call 2 games with the steelers , chargers , gaints , broncos , an the re surging bengals a soft schedule your a moron.

#9 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

@ Jes...........Absolutely and I think the Raven's are a better team because of it, you only become great by playing great teams

#10 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Another interesting wrinkle here is that in 2003, Leftwich was the quarterback that the Ravens were trying to move up to get by trading with the Vikings, but Jacksonville swooped in and took the spot at the last second, and we ended up with Mr. Boller instead.

#11 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

KC Joyner is a joke

#12 Purple&Black

Purple&Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

show me an easy schedule that includes the pats, steelers twice in three weeks, chargers, giants, bengals who aren't a bad team, and the broncos. Please. I'm waiting.

#13 Purple&Black

Purple&Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Another interesting wrinkle here is that in 2003, Leftwich was the quarterback that the Ravens were trying to move up to get by trading with the Vikings, but Jacksonville swooped in and took the spot at the last second, and we ended up with Mr. Boller instead.

yea, but we got suggs in the first instead. A move I would do ten times over

#14 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

The media loves to hate us!!! It never fails I can't wait to shove that Lombardi down their throats

#15 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

An how can you say our schedule favors us ? LMAO .. if you call 2 games with the steelers , chargers , gaints , broncos , an the re surging bengals a soft schedule your a moron.

Yes indeed!!!

#16 1 + 1 = 2

1 + 1 = 2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

KC joyner [is wrong]. Come playoff time no one will want to see the ravens, especially if they have to come to M&T

Edited by Moderator 3, 15 November 2012 - 10:13 AM.
vulgarity removed

#17 SinisterRaven

SinisterRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

!!!easy schedule!!! we have a easy schedule? KC Joyner you need your eyes checked and look again or your just a flat out hater.we have the 4th hardest schedule in the nfl but if YOU was talking about the New England Patriots who seem to always get a easy schedule.you would say They are not lucky they find a way to win! RIGHT

#18 bmorefan444

bmorefan444

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Reasons Why The Ravens Are Contenders:

1:They have that playoff pedigree. They know how to get there, and they know how to win when they are there.
2:Raven's defense is getting better every week. With Suggs back, everyone else becomes a little better. Redzone defense = Best in NFL
3:Their 7-2 record wasn't built on pretty wins, but they know how to get it done in a close game.
4: When Rice isn't producing, like last Sunday, the passing game can carry us. Flacco is becoming more comfortable with his targets, including Jacoby Jones who is quickly becoming a big part of the offense.
5: They have camaraderie. This team is a family and they trust each other and love each other. Football is a game of emotion and this team has plenty of that.

Edited by bmorefan444, 15 November 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#19 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

I've come to completely tune out all "predictions" about what "kind of a team" anybody has. Were the Giants worldbeaters last year? Or in 2007? How many times did we read "Just give the Packers the Lombardi now" articles last year before they lost their home divisional round game to a 9-7 team after going 15-1?

Just about the only Super Bowl in the last 5 years that made sense according to these "analysts" was '09, but how many of these "experts" predicted both the Saints and the Colts would fail to reach the Super Bowl because they rested their starters for the last two weeks of the season?

Stop letting these blowhards get under your skin. They're just paid to make you angry.

#20 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

We haven't quite hit our groove in the second half, but if we win the next 3 straight then everyone will be calling us a shoo-in for the Lombardi. Beat writers are just that beat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users