Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 11/15: Oddsmakers Liking Ravens' Chances Much More

89 posts in this topic

Heinz Field is home away from home. Dixon believes Pit. wanted him. Ravens SB pretenders?

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1115-Oddsmakers-Liking-Ravens-Chances-Much-More/93d25808-9136-4a2e-b6b1-2931abbc2785]View the full article[/url]

I think we are getting better at the perfect time of year. I don't care what sports writers have to say . How in the world can our schedule be considered easy are you freaking kidding me? I do understand the need to make a living but can we at least try a little integrity. you want to talk a soft schedule look at the falcons then come back and spew nonesense Joyner.

Agreed ... Cant ever count out any qb in the NFL.. That being said , you expect the odds makers to lean more to us after big ben gets announced OUT lol.

I think the ravens are alot smarter then to prepare less just because Big Ben is hurt haha ..I think we are going to plAY a good game hoping to win by say a touchdown or two :-P

EASY SCHEDULE?? are you kidding me??? we played our first 4 games in 17 days!!! and now we have pitt, sd, pitt... that guy's an idiot

The way this game's shaping up seems like the whole world will be watching, I've got a gut feeling that Joe Flacco will become an ELITE QB after this game

An how can you say our schedule favors us ? LMAO .. if you call 2 games with the steelers , chargers , gaints , broncos , an the re surging bengals a soft schedule your a moron.

Another interesting wrinkle here is that in 2003, Leftwich was the quarterback that the Ravens were trying to move up to get by trading with the Vikings, but Jacksonville swooped in and took the spot at the last second, and we ended up with Mr. Boller instead.

show me an easy schedule that includes the pats, steelers twice in three weeks, chargers, giants, bengals who aren't a bad team, and the broncos. Please. I'm waiting.

[quote name='TheSim' timestamp='1352990780' post='1219606']
Another interesting wrinkle here is that in 2003, Leftwich was the quarterback that the Ravens were trying to move up to get by trading with the Vikings, but Jacksonville swooped in and took the spot at the last second, and we ended up with Mr. Boller instead.
[/quote]

yea, but we got suggs in the first instead. A move I would do ten times over

[quote name='dweezy420' timestamp='1352990705' post='1219603']
An how can you say our schedule favors us ? LMAO .. if you call 2 games with the steelers , chargers , gaints , broncos , an the re surging bengals a soft schedule your a moron.
[/quote]Yes indeed!!!

KC joyner [i][is wrong[/i]]. Come playoff time no one will want to see the ravens, especially if they have to come to M&T

!!!easy schedule!!! we have a easy schedule? KC Joyner you need your eyes checked and look again or your just a flat out hater.we have the 4th hardest schedule in the nfl but if YOU was talking about the New England Patriots who seem to always get a easy schedule.you would say They are not lucky they find a way to win! RIGHT

Reasons Why The Ravens Are Contenders:

1:They have that playoff pedigree. They know how to get there, and they know how to win when they are there.
2:Raven's defense is getting better every week. With Suggs back, everyone else becomes a little better. Redzone defense = Best in NFL
3:Their 7-2 record wasn't built on pretty wins, but they know how to get it done in a close game.
4: When Rice isn't producing, like last Sunday, the passing game can carry us. Flacco is becoming more comfortable with his targets, including Jacoby Jones who is quickly becoming a big part of the offense.
5: They have camaraderie. This team is a family and they trust each other and love each other. Football is a game of emotion and this team has plenty of that.

I've come to completely tune out all "predictions" about what "kind of a team" anybody has. Were the Giants worldbeaters last year? Or in 2007? How many times did we read "Just give the Packers the Lombardi now" articles last year before they lost their home divisional round game to a 9-7 team after going 15-1?

Just about the only Super Bowl in the last 5 years that made sense according to these "analysts" was '09, but how many of these "experts" predicted both the Saints and the Colts would fail to reach the Super Bowl because they rested their starters for the last two weeks of the season?

Stop letting these blowhards get under your skin. They're just paid to make you angry.

We haven't quite hit our groove in the second half, but if we win the next 3 straight then everyone will be calling us a shoo-in for the Lombardi. Beat writers are just that beat!

Leftwich is just as dangerous as Roethlisberger, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not calling anyone a pushover just yet.

Leftwich has a very strong arm and their receivers have speed. We need to worry about getting beat deep.

Before the Raiders game, many writers were saying that we can't stop the run nor the passing game. Last Sunday should have quieted down the criticism. Let's just say that a decisive victory at Heinz will be enough to shut their loud mouths up. Even so, I'll take a close victory to send those mullet heads home again.

Its not always the team that plays the best that gets the win, you do need some luck on your side, i'll take any win the ravens get any which way! so your 5 reasons doesn't count joyner

Who is this Joyner anyway? I'd love to see us win all of our games from here on out. That includes the playoffs and Super Bowl.

We score alot of points and keep the other team out of the red zone. We are the Patriots in this season. Very uncharacteristic for a Ravens team. However people have to just deal with it. Our D is steadily improving and so is our O.
That Raiders game left me with a good feeling, that we finally figured out a balance between Flacco and Rice, because even as the running game wasn't putting up gaudy numbers we never fully abondoned it, keeping the threat of Rice looming over the Raiders. I hope it's a sign that Cam finally figured out, just how fortunet he is as an OC.
Great QB plus Great RB equals Fantastic Offense. Simple equation really.

Pretenders NOT contenders...SMH. KC Joyner.... did your name used to be Skip Bayless?

So we have an easy schedule. What about us beating the ne patriots, Why dont joyner go tell ne that there an easy team to play, We got the giants and broncos and steelers left. the way they were talking about steeler still making playoffs without ben on monday night. These sports writers really just say anything they want like skip bayless. They say any old dumb thing with no evidence and make there selves look down right stupid. Idiots. When the ravens win they say the other team looses. I guess we didnt beat the 7 teams our record says. With that said I love being the underdog. When we are in the SB they say I knew Baltimore was gonna win all the way lol. Reporters are like fake fans wearing a different jersey every year. Witch ever team is winning that year. Lets be real. BUT THEY CANT when ravens are involved they have to hate, One of the smallest nfl markets but the most loyal fans ever and wouldnt change it for the world. Love my ravens. We sell out every game every year if Flacco or K, Boyler is QB they allways sell out.

Didnt the Raiders beat Pitt this season? Didnt we DESTROY the Raiders?...