Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nextgen_RavensFan

My hope for the next couple of years

3 posts in this topic

The Ravens have had different DC's the last couple of years and i think that hurts us a lot. I hope that we can keep Pees here for a few years to get some sense of stability with the defensive play. I am not sure how much it affects the guys as they are pro's but i do think stability on that side of the ball would help.

Do you guys think it hinders our Defense at all ?

Well, the difference between Dean Pees and someone like Chuck Pagano, Rex Ryan, or Marvin Lewis is that Pees was never groomed in Baltimore, nor did he [i]really[/i] work his way up to being the defensive coordinator. Sure, Dean Pees was once the linebackers coach for the Ravens, but he already was a defensive coordinator in New England.

That said, there has been two ways to look at the Baltimore Ravens dominance on the defensive side of the football: 1. It's even more phenomenal and impressive when you factor-in that, in the free agency era, to have a defense dominate, that much, and even have to deal with coaching changes and different schemes, it IS just downright scary.
2. The Baltimore Ravens have been [i]too [/i]good, on defense, that the organization has lost many great geniuses because of it.

Still, I HIGHLY doubt Dean Pees will get a head coaching job. In fact, after seeing the "struggles", this year, practically all teams have shied away from making Pees their head ocach. But, then again, I'm pretty sure no one ever saw Pees as a defensive mastermind, but, rather, a solid guru who can get the job done.

Id like to get a DC wholl stick around with us for a few years but im not sure Pees is the guy I want.We need a "defensive mastermind" to use Chris J's term.

[quote name='nextgen_RavensFan' timestamp='1352983451' post='1219568']I never thought to look at it from your point of view. So unless we find him very inadequate Pees will be here for a while.[/quote]

It depends; if Dean Pees, who has appeared to "right-the-ship" (for the time being) and isn't on the hot-seat, per say, remains in good standing with John Harbaugh, he'll stay for however long. But, if his contract expires, or Pees accepts another job (like what Greg Mattison did), then, obviously, the Ravens will have to get another defensive coordinator.

My prediction? Whenever the time comes for a new D.C., most likely it will be someone from within the system.