Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

Harbaugh on Gameday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

A fascinating behind-the-scenes look at John Harbaugh as he coaches the Ravens to Sunday's blowout win against the Raiders. My favorite part was when he called Flacco a star!

http://www.nfl.com/v...continuous=true
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#2 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

A fascinating behind-the-scenes look at John Harbaugh as he coaches the Ravens to Sunday's blowout win against the Raiders. My favorite part was when he called Flacco a star!

I loved that, thanks for the link. Harb's is more animated then i thought. When they are relaxed and ahead in the game it seems less like a business and more like a fun game. What more could you ask for.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#3 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

that was sweet! my favorite part was how he encouraged Allen about his hands.

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"We have an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

None of these teams are better than us. Let’s go prove it!”

- John Harbaugh

#4 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Nice,

sTill wish he would have went for 70 points, Classless or not, we were so close and it would have made a statement.

#5 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I love how Coach Harbaugh works the refs.

2550rra.jpg

#6 nk02442

nk02442

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Harbs is a fool. He is the weakest link (and by association, Cam). The guy lives in his own little delusional world.

One decent game against one of the worst teams in the league, Missing their best offensive and defensive players, at home..............................

and everyone is acting like we just wont the superbowl. Get real.

Edited by nk02442, 15 November 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#7 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Harbs is a fool. He is the weakest link (and by association, Cam). The guy lives in his own little delusional world.

One decent game against one of the worst teams in the league, Missing their best offensive and defensive players, at home..............................

Was last Sunday unhappy for you? Our team was also banged up. I see nothing wrong with congratulating players and coaches after a dominant win.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#8 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I don't think anyone was acting like they won the Super Bowl, I didn't see that at all. How he was on the sidelines is pretty much how anyone is during a blowout, you're loose, heaping praise on guys and joking around.

I will say this, I don't like how he told them they were on their way to being great or that they were going to be great. Until you accomplish greatness you have no business saying you're great.

Edited by Bltravens, 15 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#9 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I don't think anyone was acting like they won the Super Bowl, I didn't see that at all. How he was on the sidelines is pretty much how anyone is during a blowout, you're loose, heaping praise on guys and joking around.

I will say this, I don't like how he told them they were on their way to being great or that they were going to be great. Until you accomplish greatness you have no business saying you're great.

Why not? If you don't have the confidence to be great, then you'll never be great. Beside, he said "on their way to being great", and aren't we pursuing greatness as holding Lombard trophy?

Aren't we all paying tickets, merchandise, and time to watch our team to win dominantly?

Sunday win makes my whole week at work better, finishing the work more efficiently....

PS: I'll take any buttwhooping any time of the day....it's NFL btw....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#10 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I disagree 100%. That is exactly what you tell your team, kids, employees or anyone you see greatness in. You have to see greatness before you can achieve it. Or as they say, Believe and you can Achieve.

Harbs saying that they are on their way to greatness doesn't suggest that they have nothing to work on. It simply says that this is the team we can be week in and week out, regardless of opponent or location.

Ray Lewis didn't wait until he won the SB MVP until he starting saying he wanted to be label as the greatest MLB to ever play the game. That was his mentality from day 1. I remember hearing Wally Williams talk about the way Ray Lewis carried himself from day 1 as the leader of not only the defense but the Ravens team, and he was a undersized rookie, who wasn't even the 1st pick, JO was. However Ray saw himself as the leader before anyone else did.

So to bring it back to the point of what Harbs, said, that's exactly what you want to say to your team. You want them to feel like, this is us, this is how we should play. Also you can see how he handled Allen as proof that he's not dismissing the fact that this team still has lots of work to do.

Now if he said something like, screw all the talk about us not playing well. We're a prefect team and we have nothing else to work on, just keep doing what we do. Then that would be a problem in my eyes.

But I agree that the Ravens are on their way to being great, they just have to realize that potential and play to that level consistently

mj5v69.jpg

#11 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Why not? If you don't have the confidence to be great, then you'll never be great. Beside, he said "on their way to being great", and aren't we pursuing greatness as holding Lombard trophy?

Aren't we all paying tickets, merchandise, and time to watch our team to win dominantly?

Sunday win makes my whole week at work better, finishing the work more efficiently....

PS: I'll take any buttwhooping any time of the day....it's NFL btw....

Theres a difference between wanting to be great and working towards it and outright claiming it when it hasn't been achieved. Playing high level sports for a long time not a single coach ever called us great midway through a season or said we were on our way to being great. Seasons are too fickle, sports are too fickle, all hell can break loose on a season within a single game and you may not make the playoffs because of it. How can you be great then? One of my coaches actually addressed this once after a game with the team when he was asked by a reporter in a post game interview. And we were defending league champions in the middle of what would be a season when we would eventually defend the title, and he never said at any point we were a special team on the way to achieving greatness.

Saying they are on their way to greatness is too premature in my eyes. What happens if the team is one and done in the playoffs? What do you say to them then. "I guess we weren't on our way to greatness after all"?

Again no issue with confidence, I just didn't like the word choice on his part.

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,016 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

That was awesome.

Lol @ Torrey Smith at the end staring at the camera.

#13 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I disagree 100%. That is exactly what you tell your team, kids, employees or anyone you see greatness in. You have to see greatness before you can achieve it. Or as they say, Believe and you can Achieve.

Harbs saying that they are on their way to greatness doesn't suggest that they have nothing to work on. It simply says that this is the team we can be week in and week out, regardless of opponent or location.

Ray Lewis didn't wait until he won the SB MVP until he starting saying he wanted to be label as the greatest MLB to ever play the game. That was his mentality from day 1. I remember hearing Wally Williams talk about the way Ray Lewis carried himself from day 1 as the leader of not only the defense but the Ravens team, and he was a undersized rookie, who wasn't even the 1st pick, JO was. However Ray saw himself as the leader before anyone else did.

So to bring it back to the point of what Harbs, said, that's exactly what you want to say to your team. You want them to feel like, this is us, this is how we should play. Also you can see how he handled Allen as proof that he's not dismissing the fact that this team still has lots of work to do.

Now if he said something like, screw all the talk about us not playing well. We're a prefect team and we have nothing else to work on, just keep doing what we do. Then that would be a problem in my eyes.

But I agree that the Ravens are on their way to being great, they just have to realize that potential and play to that level consistently

Exactly! On Inside the NFL on Shotime they had this last night and I think it was Carl Banks was guest host and he was joking it was going to be hard for Harbs to find something to chew them out on Monday-- but he will. I am not a rah rah person, but with all the cameras around I think coaches are put on the spot to say SOMETHING like that.
68f2a8.jpg

#14 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

You walk onto that field to be great. If you don't go out there to win, and to play like a great player than you have no business being out there.

Ray Lewis told Cary Williams that he's good, but he's trying to make him great. If we manipulate that, it means that Cary CAN be great, but he's not yet. Same thing Coach H is saying. This is starting to get blown out of proportion.

z66oxxi.jpg

#15 beasy2487

beasy2487

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Is it warm under that rock? lol.

#16 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

What is up with this extreme negativity? I would advise you to relax and enjoy these moments because we in Baltimore are lucky enough to have a few. Just imagine if you were living in Jacksonville? Thank your lucky stars that we have John Harbaugh coaching us!
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#17 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,230 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

That was fantastic. Love the Jacoby Jones sideline audio with Coach.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#18 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,035 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

That was fantastic. Love the Jacoby Jones sideline audio with Coach.

I loved this video, personally. It was funny to see/hear Harbaugh get so animated. I loved it.

My favorite line was "You can't reverse him. He's unreversible. Unreversible."

#19 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,035 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Perhaps this is the wrong thread. Perhaps I should have made a new thread (though I didn't want to clutter this forum with a useless topic. My question is this:

Why is it OK for the New England Patriots to put up 59 points and keep Tom Brady out there with 4 minutes left in regulation and they aren't at all criticized for it. Yet, when the Ravens do it, we're cocky & arrogant and running up the score.

Ridiculous.

#20 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Perhaps this is the wrong thread. Perhaps I should have made a new thread (though I didn't want to clutter this forum with a useless topic. My question is this:

Why is it OK for the New England Patriots to put up 59 points and keep Tom Brady out there with 4 minutes left in regulation and they aren't at all criticized for it. Yet, when the Ravens do it, we're cocky & arrogant and running up the score.

Ridiculous.

Because Bill Belichick is so classy that he was only doing it to garner more game tape! Obviously!

I, too, find it funny that their game was the exact same margin of points and they had their starters in longer yet I've heard no grumblings...
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."