Photo

The Ravens are pretenders, not contenders...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

...according to this guy: http://insider.espn....-not-contenders

Anyone with ESPN Insider care to give a summary? A bit ridiculous to single out the Ravens, considering every team is pretty flawed to some degree.

#2 Ravens Lover

Ravens Lover

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I rarely ever take anything ESPN says about the Ravens seriously they never give the respect we deserve and always dog us about something

#3 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Don't take this personally, I am not thumbs downing you, but rather the idiot at ESPN who wrote this......

#4 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I know one of the points is a "soft schedule," which is pretty ridiculous considering basically every team with a winning record has had a soft schedule minus maybe Denver.

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I know one of the points is a "soft schedule," which is pretty ridiculous considering basically every team with a winning record has had a soft schedule minus maybe Denver.

And New York.... and SD in November is pretty good.

#6 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

THe timing of this couldn't be better. I just we'll just have to prove that wrong over the next three weeks.
10wmids.jpg

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

THe timing of this couldn't be better. I just we'll just have to prove that wrong over the next three weeks.

Actually, that could just fuel the troll. We have a hard schedule..... I mean This three game slide..... My friend out here was complaining that our schedule is too easy. He says that SF has it hard..... Well, he is also a Raider fan and is pissed at Harbaugh and is still convinced Flacco sucks..

#8 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

ESPN is just very pro Pittsburgh. If we weren't in there division, messing up their chances at winning the AFC North they wouldn't even critique our Raven Nation like they do. ESPN does like Torrey smith though. I've seen 3 positive articles on him already since Monday.

CABMSM-1.jpg

ARIZONA CARDINALS GM

#9 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

ESPN is just very pro Pittsburgh. If we weren't in there division, messing up their chances at winning the AFC North they wouldn't even critique our Raven Nation like they do. ESPN does like Torrey smith though. I've seen 3 positive articles on him already since Monday.

I was just about to post the article about Torrey Smith today. Excellent read.

And I do very much so agree with you about Pittsburgh. If the Steelers weren't in the same division, you probably wouldn't hear about the Ravens at all. How dare another team bump heads with a team they favor every year!

And much like someone else said earlier in the thread, it's not you OP I am downgrading, it's the article.

Edited by TreTheRaven, 14 November 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#10 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,163 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Check out his articles, he's a Steelers homer. It's really not even worth reading.

#11 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

And since when should we care what ESPN thinks? They said Ray was too old, that Ed was too old. They said we hired the wrong guy in Harbs over Garrett or Rex. They said we'd never win the division with Roethlisberger playing. They said this year Andy Dalton would outduel Flacco and it might be the Steelers and Bengals, with the Ravens as the third team in the division. They said after the Houston game last year that there was no way we'd even be able to hang with the Patriots.

Edited by Ravenslifer, 14 November 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#12 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Pretending to be a bad defense, that's about it. I look for the REAL Ravens D to show up for the rest of the season!

#13 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,993 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

KC Joyner is probably the worst writer at ESPN, and that's saying something. He makes up random statistical metrics and thinks he knows everything about football.

Previous entries by this joke of a writer: Miles Austin is the best WR in the NFL (I think that was 2 years ago) and then this year, he had a fantasy article claiming Chris Johnson would be the #1 RB in football. He is a complete joke.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#14 TXRaven

TXRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

cold care less what they think.

#15 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I clicked on the article but all I read was
bla, bla, bla, bla.
and some stuff that sounded like the adults on Charlie Brown cartoons.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#16 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,993 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

The only fair point that is brought up is that our run game has struggled recently. The blocking hasnt been as good, and Rice hasnt been as good either. I cant really argue that considering I have seen some issues as well.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#17 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

The only fair point that is brought up is that our run game has struggled recently. The blocking hasnt been as good, and Rice hasnt been as good either. I cant really argue that considering I have seen some issues as well.

Im strictly blaming that on Bobbie Williams playing. We took out the young run blocking Harewood and went for a veteran who was better in pass protection. It's no secret that Oher is a good run blocker, but when there's a hole beside him it makes it difficult to run to the left, especially when Birk is in the middle.

#18 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

this is no shocker. We never get credit because we arent a major market team. ESPN is all about main stream.
KCCO

#19 display name

display name

Ravenous Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

I rarely ever take anything ESPN says about the Ravens seriously they never give the respect we deserve and always dog us about something

"If they don't give us the respect that we deserve, we gonna take it by force."-T. Sizzle

The Raven, on 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM said:
"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

#20 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

...according to this guy: http://insider.espn....-not-contenders

Anyone with ESPN Insider care to give a summary? A bit ridiculous to single out the Ravens, considering every team is pretty flawed to some degree.

Theres no need to neg this, he's sharing something he's found, not stating a blasphemous opinion. +1 to get you back to square 1!

Last time I checked though, we're pretenders all year long, every game, every minute, yet we keep winning every year, and make the play offs every year...ESPN has got some Purple Haterade in the fridge thats all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users