52 replies to this topic

#1 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Will we be able to keep Jacoby Jones and Boldin ? I like it when they get the ball in Jacoby Jones hands or in a punt return situation. Between the 2 i cannot decide which i would like to keep.

There have been a lot of games where Boldin has carried us through but Jones is explosive and has age on his side. Which would you prefer to keep ?
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#2 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Can you post anything about the actual cap break down?

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#3 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Boldin is most likely gone. He's struggling to get separation this year, and with his age and a similar receiver in Doss, there's no reason for him to stay.

#4 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

We're not in cap hell. We will be if we have to franchise joe at 17 odd mil. But if we can get him to a deal between 12 and 15 we will have plenty. Don't forget ray and ed cold be off, that's over 10. Birk Williams McKinnie all could be gone. That's another 5 after cap hits give or take.

#5 RivenHale

RivenHale

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Look at it logically: Boldin and Ray are probably gone. Being honest, Ed is gone or resigned for a MUCH lower number - he's not getting that payday playing like this. Matt Birk walks for sure.

Cap next year should be interesting, but I think it'll be fine. Joe will be signed for a lot of money, but losing those guys will free it all up.

#6 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

We're not in cap hell. We will be if we have to franchise joe at 17 odd mil. But if we can get him to a deal between 12 and 15 we will have plenty. Don't forget ray and ed cold be off, that's over 10. Birk Williams McKinnie all could be gone. That's another 5 after cap hits give or take.

I was hoping we would not have to franchise Joe Cool but that would give us some room. I kind of thought Boldin would go but he still seems to grab everything in his direction and man can he work the sidelines. I hat eto think of Ray as gone and would be weird not seeing him on the field.

#7 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I wonder who will slide into Ed's spot ? I love the guy but hate to see when he bites on a throw and misses, it usually is a 6 point miss. I would like to see him get a Ring before he retired. Would top off a great career.

#8 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I agree with McKinnie and Williams being gone. I'll be shocked if we don't roll with Reid/Gradkowski/Harewood at LG next year permanently. Reid can serve as the backup RT. With Birk it depends how well Gradkowski comes along in TC. I'll be surprised if Birk is gone though.

I won't be surprised if the team elects to move on from Boldin and on with Jones, his return skills are far and away better than anyone we have had since BJ Sams I believe it was, and he is a legitimate vertical threat. Doss will be the zone buster over the middle guy.

Edited by Bltravens, 14 November 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#9 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I agree with McKinnie and Williams being gone. I'll be shocked if we don't roll with Reid/Gradkowski/Harewood at LG next year permanently. Reid can serve as the backup RT. With Birk it depends how well Gradkowski comes along in TC. I'll be surprised if Birk is gone though.

I won't be surprised if the team elects to move on from Jones, his return skills are far and away better than anyone we have had since BJ Sams I believe it was, and he is a legitimate vertical threat. Doss will be the zone buster over the middle guy.

That is sad, Jones has a ton of energy and makes plays. Not afraid to go across the middle, can work the sideline and is a very good return guy. Not sure if we can replace that. I feel the same about Birk, If gradkowski does get some snaps in and shows some talent i think you are right he will step in. In the last few years we lost some great players and have recovered and i guess next year will be the same way.

#10 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Will we be able to keep Jacoby Jones and Boldin ? I like it when they get the ball in Jacoby Jones hands or in a punt return situation. Between the 2 i cannot decide which i would like to keep.

There have been a lot of games where Boldin has carried us through but Jones is explosive and has age on his side. Which would you prefer to keep ?

Both will remain Ravens next year.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#11 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

There's no way Anquin is on the team. Even though he's one of my favorite receivers ever.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#12 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

I think Boldin is the more likely one to be cut or at least restructured. Jones is younger and brings more to the table and at a lower price tag. I'd like to say we can retain both but I am not sure if the cap will allow it.

@gabefergy

#13 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

There's no way Anquin is on the team. Even though he's one of my favorite receivers ever.

Q is money at crunch time. I think he stays.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#14 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Q is money at crunch time. I think he stays.

Agreed. I like what I've seen from Doss, but I need to see him stand in for Boldin for a whole game before I'm ready to say Boldin needs to go, and I don't see Harbs pulling Boldin.

#15 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Jones won't be back at that cap number. I could see hi getting a new deal with more years and lower cap hit. Boldin would have to take less to be here, can't add to many years to him, so his would be a flat out pay cut

#16 Shammy

Shammy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

they both stay

#17 chsbasebalplayer

chsbasebalplayer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

jones current contract isnt even very large. and he has lived up to all expectations so far. I would be stunned if he is released...unless he has a lee evans-like postseason

#18 wademan2636

wademan2636

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I could see Boldin, Jones, McKinnie, or Williams being traded for draft picks.

Also, I think that Ray will be back, but Ed will retire. Flacco will be resigned, not franchised. And Birk may or may not retire, but if he does not retire, he will be a Raven.

#19 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I don't think our cap will be hit as badly as it was this year. Mckinnie will most likely have played his last year here. And it will be a very good break-up. Honestly the Ravens have taken DARN good care of him. It's obvious that we truely care about the guy or he would have been traded, we are also getting him out of his personal debt.

Bobbie Williams is gone, we might give him the Andre Gurode treatment. Kemoeatu could be gone Ihedigbo, Considine, Corey Grahm, mabye even the cornerback Johnson that we just signed. Ray lewis may be walking and Matt Birk as well.

I'm no expert but i also believe that Joe Flacco is the only big signing that we have left. I think we will be in good shape.

z66oxxi.jpg

#20 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

I can't believe a lot of you expect Boldin to be gone. He's honestly my favorite receiver on the Ravens. Yeah, he has a bit of a hard time getting seperation, however he is very reliable. When the pressure is on, it seems he is the one that always steps up for the team to help them back. He reminds me of Mason in a lot of ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users