1) Louis Nix | NT | ND
- As stated before Nix may be the biggest reason for the resurgence of the ND defense. He just simply ruins plays and clogs holes; he really is a massive man. I am really hoping he declares for the draft and his stock just seems to be climbing with each week. Lastly, his personality seems to be contagious, watching some of his videos you just have to laugh and I think we need to get some swagger players back on our defense.
2) Shawn Williams | S | Georgia
- He is one of my favorite safety prospects this year. He is vastly underrated but does and has everything you look for – good size and speed and is a smart player. While much of the attention goes to Rambo I think Williams is the better all around player. He may not have a ton of takeaways like Rambo but he is extremely smart and rarely makes mistakes and can make sure the defense is in position. Its not like he has bad ball skills or playmaking ability – I just don’t think that is what he is asked to do, whereas Rambo gets more roaming space. He reminds me a lot of Ryan Clark in that they are both smart, team first guys, that play their position well and rarely get out of position or beat. We need that with the types of corners we have who can and will jump routes.
3) Desmond Trufant | CB | Washington
- Trufant has played really well this year and it may have vaulted his tock higher than this but I am hoping the abundance of CBs pushes him down. He may be a little on the thin side but he plays extremely tough and is not afraid of being physical. He looks like a natural cover corner and I think he could play inside or out. He has a ton of experience against the pass happy PAC 12 so he should be able to adjust and play in space against the multiple receiver sets that are beginning to dominate.
4) Jonathon Bostic | ILB | Florida
- I will not lie of all the LBs (except Teo) I want Bostic. He never played up to his potential in his first three years and I think this has a lot of people down on him and questioning his consistency and if he can make the leap to the NFL. I still question it, but if he keeps up with his play and progress of this year I think he could be a major steal. He is built thickly, plays aggressive and is extremely athletic. He is gonna need some good coaching and mentoring and I think we can do that. He reminds me a lot physically of Bobby Wagner (w/o the amazing production).
5) Marcus Davis | WR | VT
- I expected a massive season from him this year. So far he has been solid, but nothing special. This is largely due to the play of Logan Thomas at QB, I think he has dropped down boards because of this. However there are not many receivers who are around 6’5, 230 who can run in or near 4.5. So the combine may bring him back up into the third round discussion but WRs seem to have very fluid and fragile draft stocks in the last couple of years and I could see him slipping and much of it will ride on his combine performance and possibly Senior bowl.
6) Reid Fragel | OT | Ohio St.
- Fragel used to play TE but bulked up to play RT, in his first year playing he looks like he could be an absolute mauler. When you watch Ohio St. he really stands out, mainly because he plays with an absolute nasty streak and is 6’8, 300+. He will need a lot of coaching and patience but I think he could one day be a starter. His aggressive style of play may make him better inside but he has the athletic ability to be a RT, he just needs to work on his footwork and technique. One of my favorite sleepers in the draft that I think a team will fall in love with, he will probably get a lot of buzz in the draft buildup.
7) Trade bait - will leave this one blank, use your imagination maybe Tyrann Mathieu or used to secure one of the mid rounders.
Edited by Dubs, 14 November 2012 - 05:49 PM.