Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Does Ravens' Gameplan Change With Byron Leftwich Starting?

49 posts in this topic

Baltimore is still expecting Byron Leftwich to operate a potent offense.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Does-Ravens-Gameplan-Change-With-Byron-Leftwich-Starting/506f4a32-d0b4-4dc0-8456-1f81c8887808]View the full article[/url]

See if the have any long drives and eat up time. I don't think they can do it without Benji. I hope Tucker gets some chances. If he can do it there he can do it anywhere.

Leftwich isn't as mobile, and will stay in the pocket longer. So, what worked on Carson last week should work this week as well. Get in his face, bat balls down if you can't get to him.

And try to slow down the run game. But that was going to be there regardless of who was under center.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they tried an end around to Wallace on more than one occasion.

LeftWitch hasn't played good since playing for the Jag's. That was nearly a decade ago so...I expect Leftwitch to be on the ground.

The keys will be which O shows up and whether the the D gets a pass rush on an immobile QB.Leftwich has a cannon arm but will make mistakes if pressured.Go Ravens!

we need to get to him early and make him begin to rush all his throws. he is still good enough to beat us if we overlook him. hope the real offense shows up!!

D-LINE is key here keep them hands up i see a lot of batted balls at the line byrons throwing motion is so slow. tyson keep it up man you keep play like that u will start next year

big ben is going to be out for a while, he has a dislocated rib along with his sprained shoulder which is serious.

I think that Leftwich is going to try to throw and get picked so they will go all run in the second half. It seems to me that we will be up by at least 14 points at the half and never look back.

So glad we didn't draft Leftwich,We would have had an unproductive slow QB and no T-Sizzle!! Leftwich was a little better then Boller though.

i think the ravens have to worrie about the reffs more the the steelers the refs gave pittsburg that game monday night ss cheifs to bad the refs didnt have you as a freind on their facebook lol they all had the steelers on their freinds list harbs keep the players clam when they call a bad pen. no whinning please just move on to nxt play you thanks go ravens

I see there is a lot of nervousness in playing the Steelers this Sunday night. Relax people we're going to win! Not because Ben is missing, but because we would have either way! Negging positive posts is no way to comfort yourselves...

Like so many people have said before ,we are going to beat them anyway no matter who the quarterback is or was because we got there number and they know it.The shoe is on the other feet and it fits well to me.

The steelers are not playing like the numnber one defense . we are improving althought i don't expect a walk in the park I think we got this . Tucker will get a chance to kick in the worst possible stadium for kicks

wow this guy hasn't played much football at all ,,, did no team learn anything from the colts wow .Pedal to the medal lets light them up . he can't run well either i am a little worried about the zebras hopefully we get impartial ones.

The Ravens, can approach this game like the texan game! After the texan game they seen where they had more success running Rice then the pass in the beginning! Same environment with an agressive defense like in H town! Running will be good just cant fall in love with it and play Accordingly! Joe, "Could and Should" hit every WR on the sideline and "FEED" them Rice All Night! 8-2!

Just depends on which Ravens team shows up Sunday night. We have the confidence, but someone who will remain unnamed(CAM CAMERON) needs to be consistent with good play calling and the team needs to execute in all 3 stages.

[quote name='goldenboldin' timestamp='1352946769' post='1219429']
watch the wide receiver screen passes. those are quick yardage eating killer plays.
[/quote]I never noticed it before but, according to a few articles here on baltimoreravems.com, Leftwich has a very slow, very readable delivery. Cary Williams just might get another pick-six if they tries the WR screen.

ravens really dont have to fight as much for this win if we leading the AFC we play steerlers again but that dont mean i dont wanna see a win

#1 defense or not I think with the improvement of young guys like Deangelo Tyson and Bryan Hall we dominate this game and we may get a healthier Ngata and Pernell back as we'll so we should be fine. The only thing im concerned with is if Oher will be able to hold James Harrison and if KO can hold Woodley

honestly, everyone listen.... I wouldn't be surprised if we break our points scored record again in the span of 1 week. We are going to KILL Pitt.