BohBalmerOsbohs

GTA5

214 posts in this topic

Because I see no GTA5 thread.

Holy hell, check out the 2 trailers. The second came out this morning!

You get to play as 3 characters. 3 stories.

Theres alot of things that have been confirmed but one of the more jaw dropping is, Rockstar has confirmed the map of San Andreas (the Location of GTA5) IS LARGER than GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas 1, COMBINED, that's right combined....

GTA4 was Rockstars first go at their new RAGE engine, GTA4 suffered a bit,alot of things were not included and thats why GTA4 felt a little "somthing missing". Rockstar is pulling out all the stops this time.

Trailer 2

trailer 1

Edited by BohBalmerOsbohs

I literally wanna skip through the next few months just to get to Spring 2013.

Between my WrestleMania trip and GTA V, I could care less about the holidays!

Im not even waiting for the PC version. Even though I know it will be best, im going ahead and buying a Xbox and playing this day one. I haven't been on xbox live in 2 years. have a few friends on the forums here on there.

That second trailer sealed the deal for me today. I like the 360 controller more for driving, using the trigger for gas and what not. I pre ordered the game and got a big poster of franklin with his rotty, and a viewfiner that has a screenshot of the game in it.

This is one of those games where I'm almost positive I'll buy both the console and PC version.

And I also won't be waiting for the PC version. This is the type of game where I'd probably be playing with a controller on PC anyway.

I was recently playing GTA 4 again. That game is truly awesome. 5 appears to be beyond amazing.

Can't wait....

I feel like the homeless have a much bigger presence than past games :lol:

the game is capturing todays economy more. Rockstar is saying that money has a really big impact in this one. If you remember GTA4 lacked things to do with your money after you beat the game. there was nothing to buy... GTA5 is changing that

the game is capturing todays economy more. Rockstar is saying that money has a really big impact in this one. If you remember GTA4 lacked things to do with your money after you beat the game. there was nothing to buy... GTA5 is changing that

Yeah I noticed the real estate aspect, something that GTA4 lacked. GTA4 was also really small imo

Weapon customization has been pretty much confirmed. We keep seeing AK's with Sileners, Uzi's with foregrips, AR's with optical attachments. This game is going to be stupid awesome.

If you have the time, watch this 25 minute video interview of 3 people who work for GameInformer who saw a GTA5 demo at Rockstar HQ in NYC. They go over all that they have seen. VERY informative. Highly suggest you watch and listen.

Even if the items for sale are only cosmetic, I just want things to spend my in-game money on!

Sleeping Dogs had the right idea with a ridiculous amount of clothes to buy, though clothing also had tangible in-game effects.

I want clothes, cars, weapons, real estate (including businesses), extracurricular activities, furniture, and electronics to purchase in the game! Let me buy groceries! Let me get lumber for home improvement projects like Skyrim!!! LET ME DO EVERYTHING, ROCKSTAR!

Buying day one. GTA4 was such a huge disappointment for me after playing San Andreas which is one of my favorite games of all time. Hopefully GTA returns to form with this.

can a mod change my title to something that best fits the thread.

Changed, let me know if you wanted something else

I am simply waiting on the announcement of a collector's or special edition before I pre-order, the only thing that has prevented me from already doing so. My GTAIV special edition included a Rockstar duffel bag, a functional lockbox with the GTAIV logo, keychains for said lockbox keys, a hardcover art book, and a sampling of the soundtrack on a CD. I would have to think they'll put together a similar package for their special edition copies :-)

Since im expecting the PC version to not release untill 6-8 months later, i went ahead and grabbed a console over black friday, its the best time to get one for the price . Found a good deal online. Everything came today, im just now waiting on my 250GB HDD to arrive for it.

(not 2 xbox's, bigger box on the left actually held the console box, had abunch of extras in it.)

8WRaP.jpg

Since im expecting the PC version to not release untill 6-8 months later, i went ahead and grabbed a console over black friday, its the best time to get one for the price . Found a good deal online. Everything came today, im just now waiting on my 250GB HDD to arrive for it.

(not 2 xbox's, bigger box on the left actually held the console box, had abunch of extras in it.)

8WRaP.jpg

Nice dude!

That seems to be the norm nowadays, doesn't it? I believe AC 3 isn't even out yet for PC. Nice that they treat us PC gamers as 2nd class citizens. :D

Yup, I have very little respect for most game devs now. Although I give Rockstar a pass as it does take a long time to port it for PC and optimize it for PC. WIth consoles its just 2 sets of hardware, with PC theres hundreds of thousands of combinations. They have to optimize it to run on even the slowest of gaming rigs so its fun for everyone.

That being said, im not waiting to play this game lol. no way!

Sadly today we got news that the game has been delayed Until September 17, 2013. Really pissed when i got this news.

Frankly, Rockstar has really done a terrible job with marketing GTAV so far. its really inexcusable. Yes its for the games best interests, but Rockstar has stunk it up.

First they announce the game in 2011 with a trailer, no release date, they say, more info "in a couple months or so, and they go almost a year without any info at all.

October 2012 they finally say " we are proud to announce GTAV is coming Spring 2013"

After this they release a second trailer and at the end, still saying Spring 2013.

Now Rockstar starts Mass Marketing pre order artwork all around the entire world with Spring 2013 on it.

Just 2 weeks ago, brand new artwork at gamestop starts popping up, with Franklin on a dirtBike running from the cops, Spring 2013 at the bottom.

3 weeks from today, Rockstar says "stay tuned this month as we Reveal the Boxart for GTA5, along with other artwork. so what does Rockstar do? waits for the final day of the month to hit their fans with a 4 month delay. After promising things just 3 weeks ago.

Now gamestop and stores all around the world will trash all the Spring 2013 ads. Something had to happen 3 weeks ago until now for them to crap the bed and change up everything.

Edited by BohBalmerOsbohs

Sadly today we got news that the game has been delayed Until September 17, 2013. Really pissed when i got this news.

Frankly, Rockstar has really done a terrible job with marketing GTAV so far. its really inexcusable. Yes its for the games best interests, but Rockstar has stunk it up.

First they announce the game in 2011 with a trailer, no release date, they say, more info "in a couple months or so, and they go almost a year without any info at all.

October 2012 they finally say " we are proud to announce GTAV is coming Spring 2013"

After this they release a second trailer and at the end, still saying Spring 2013.

Now Rockstar starts Mass Marketing pre order artwork all around the entire world with Spring 2013 on it.

Just 2 weeks ago, brand new artwork at gamestop starts popping up, with Franklin on a dirtBike running from the cops, Spring 2013 at the bottom.

3 weeks from today, Rockstar says "stay tuned this month as we Reveal the Boxart for GTA5, along with other artwork. so what does Rockstar do? waits for the final day of the month to hit their fans with a 4 month delay. After promising things just 3 weeks ago.

Now gamestop and stores all around the world will trash all the Spring 2013 ads. Something had to happen 3 weeks ago until now for them to crap the bed and change up everything.

yup really sucks, but hopefully they can make the game that much better

I guess i wouldnt be as angry if they didnt lead us on like that. Really bad business move by my favorite game dev.

I guess i wouldnt be as angry if they didnt lead us on like that. Really bad business move by my favorite game dev.

Hell dude, you bought a freakin' xbox for this game. I don't blame you one bit for being p*****!

Here's a video that contains a statement.

The statement doesn't say much though.....

Warning, language is pretty bad!!!

Yeah. The GTA fanbase is peeved. You should have seen the gtaforums when rockstar broke the news. Hopefully Ravens can win the Super Bowl sunday. Football, baseball and video games, its all i have in life. Lol

Also theres lots of rumors around this whole delay.... since it was so abrupt and random people think sony or MS sealed a deal for the game to be a launch title for the ps4 and new xbox.

Its just very weird after just 2 weeks and 4 days they go from telling us boxart is coming etc to a 4 month delay.

Also theres lots of rumors around this whole delay.... since it was so abrupt and random people think sony or MS sealed a deal for the game to be a launch title for the ps4 and new xbox.

Its just very weird after just 2 weeks and 4 days they go from telling us boxart is coming etc to a 4 month delay.

That was my instant thought when I heard the news. It's likely going to be on the new Xbox and Playstation. Wouldn't make sense putting such as huge game on the older consoles when newer hardware has just released (or will be announced and coming by then).

Would be surprised if they didn't release it for Sony and Microsoft's new consoles.

Edited by EnVy_CaLiBeR