Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] How Steelers Have Fared vs. Ravens Without Ben Roethlisberger

51 posts in this topic

The Ravens are 4-0 all-time against the Steelers without Big Ben, compared to 9-5 with him playing.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/How-Steelers-Have-Fared-vs-Ravens-Without-Ben-Roethlisberger/b1d9ba47-c76c-46f8-94f6-98407e928080]View the full article[/url]

We beat them twice last year with Ben under center. Sure, we have a different defense, but so do they. And, Joe's shown he's not scared of Heinz Field. I'm anticipating some very entertaining football come Sunday night.

I anticipate yet another nail-biter to be decided on the final drive. When Ben is out, we seem to go very conservative on offense, trying not give away easy points due to turnovers. Factor in our recent road struggles, and the strength of the Pitt Defense, and I expect a heavy dose of Ray Rice up the middle for 3 yards. Hopefully we can get to Leftwich, and keep them under 17 points. If so, I think we've got this.

GO RAVENS!!

Ok...Ben WILL play on Sunday, I will drag him out off the sidelines and make him play, I cannot stand when he does not play against us and Steelers fans use the "oh you guys only won because Big Ben wasn't playing." Plus it makes our victory over them much sweeter

This game will be won or lost on how the Ravens approach the very little things like wrapping up when they tackle and looking the ball in when catching passes. If we do these basic things well then I don't even see a close game; this one is going to be quick work. However, if this team relaxes now they know Ben won't be playing then they may be in for a huge surprise-- a possible loss that may doom their season.

Don't believe anything you hear about the Steelers,when the times come then all your answer will be out in the open,I learned that from the Patriot, I was hoping that Big Ben would play so the defense can end his career with the beast on our front line,hopefully maybe he'll be on the sideline and we can accidentally hit him there,L O L I'll take a win with or without him

What are you guys, 10?

Posting that someecard on your Facebook page is pretty childish. I don't think it's in your best interest to taunt the Steelers or riducule that record in the manner you did. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised after what you did to the Orioles on Opening Day.

Whoever hires these Facebook clowns should probably join the circus with them. Their lack of competency is pretty glaring.

Doesn't Uncle Steve own a staffing company? Maybe you could ask him for some advice instead of dumpster diving in the comic book classifieds.

If it were any other team but the Steelers I would worry about them letting their guard down. This will be a hard fought game from both teams on a cold winter night. Go Ravens!

[quote name='Skipper' timestamp='1352915643' post='1218979']
What are you guys, 10?

Posting that someecard on your Facebook page is pretty childish. I don't think it's in your best interest to taunt the Steelers or riducule that record in the manner you did. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised after what you did to the Orioles on Opening Day.

Whoever hires these Facebook clowns should probably join the circus with them. Their lack of competency is pretty glaring.

Doesn't Uncle Steve own a staffing company? Maybe you could ask him for some advice instead of dumpster diving in the comic book classifieds.
[/quote]

What?????

[quote name='crabby' timestamp='1352915919' post='1218984']
What?????
[/quote]

I believe this is what Skipper's referring to:

[img]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/36584_10151146012051229_269925319_n.jpg[/img]

Is it really in bad taste? I think not...the rest of the comment is over my head, though...

I don't know how to quote you Berkely_Raven but yes, that is what I am referring to.

It's poor form on the Ravens behalf to post something like that. Anything that is made for public consumption reflects on the entire Ravens organiztion. It makes us look like fools for mocking Ben's injury and gives the impression that we have nothing to worry about on Sunday night. Most educated Ravens fans know better. Which appears to be more than we can say for the folks who post this sort of thing on Facebook.

I can't control how players act off the field but I do like to see the Ravens organization hold themselves to a higher standard.

[quote name='Skipper' timestamp='1352915643' post='1218979']
What are you guys, 10?

[/quote] spoken like a true steeler fan . actually it is appropriate there is nothing on that "card " that is derogatory or slanderous it is the truth supported by facts. smack talk is a part of football if you can't deal with that then maybe golf is a viable option .

Leftwich has mobility problems. He always has even when he started for Jacksonville. That said, there is nothing wrong with his arm. Our DL (exceptially Suggs) needs to find away to capitalize on Leftwich's weakness. If we take care of business on Ofense and can presser Leftwich we will win. Go Raves!