Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Jacoby Jones Wins AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

15 posts in this topic

Jones is the first player to ever notch two 105-yard touchdown returns.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Jacoby-Jones-Wins-AFC-Special-Teams-Player-of-the-Week/2bcaa73e-d675-42f0-9192-3d68e19c4829]View the full article[/url]

2 100 plus yard kick returns and both of them he was untouched...gotta appreciate the blocking these guys are doing for him. If Deonte Thompson was back there I think he would've took both of those to the house as well but I'm glad we got Jacoby back there. I need him to make another house call this week

This ST surely has turned itself around from last year!! There was MUCH improvement needed and I am so far, pretty happy with how they have all been playing, especially J Jones!! Keep up the great work, and bring some more catches all the way home, Jacoby!!

I can't front, I was hoping he stayed in the endzone both times! Good on you Jacoby. Two 100-plus yarders in a four game span is outstanding.

According to FootballOutsiders' math formulas, Ravens have, through 10 weeks, the 7th best Special Teams of all time. We are #1 in the league in Special teams right now. Nice change from last year where they had us at about #29

This man proved me wrong. I wasn't crazy about the free agent pickup. But I absolutely love Jacoby now. I'm sure he'll never see this, but I'd just like to apologize and take my hat off to number 12.

[quote name='Kile' timestamp='1352922099' post='1219098']
This man proved me wrong. I wasn't crazy about the free agent pickup. But I absolutely love Jacoby now. I'm sure he'll never see this, but I'd just like to apologize and take my hat off to number 12.
[/quote]

trust me you weren't the only one who felt like that. There were many others as well. I thought he'd be a good pickup offensively but said he wouldn't add much to our return game as I didn't feel he was better then either Webb or D. Reed.

I was wrong, this guy is a beast on ST and that makes the FA pickup worth it along. It also brings an additional element to our offense that we just didn't have before. I said there's no way the Ravens keep him after 1 year, but now, I'm liking the ideal of JJ being yet another Texans castoff that fits the Raven Way of doing things.