Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Report: Ben Roethlisberger Out vs. Ravens

64 posts in this topic

Jay Glazer from FOX reports that Byron Leftwich will start in place of Ben Roethlisberger this week.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Report-Ben-Roethlisberger-Out-vs-Ravens/2de07680-b715-4055-8829-51581327d34a]View the full article[/url]

Still have to prepare for the Steelers. It'll still be a tough game. But they'll certainly be running more. Get out to an early lead and force Leftwich to pass and make mistakes.

If you look at last years' two games and the two the year before, you will see that Flacco has been the X factor. I believe he will be again on Sunday night.

While it is always a "too close to call" game, the past two seasons have shown me that when Flacco is up against the best, he tends to elevate his game.

In the victories, Flacco has played his usual game: spreading the ball around, making incredible throws and generally running the show.

In the losses, Flacco has also played his usual game: spreading the ball around, making incredible throws and generally running the show. Only in the losses, he has made that one critical mistake.

It looks like he has started to avoid the critical mistake both at home and on the road.

This could be a long evening for the Steelers.

Leftwich is not mobile at ALL anymore. His accuracy is almost non-existent as well. We should be rushing this QB from the start (listening Pees?). He folds under pressure.

Still, I'll believe Ben is not playing on Sunday night after kick off.

Still the Ravens must not take the Steelers lightly . The Steelers still have the best defence in game today . As a Ravens fan I can only hope our offence shows up as they did this past Sunday .

So all the "experts" say Ravens win if Big Ben is out.... I've got news for them, Ravens CAN win with Big Ben playing!! Unless last year's games were imaginary!! I know, it's a new year but I truly think they got the crux resolved last year!! I think games will remain close but I do have more confidence in how the Ravens play against Pittsburgh!

Eventhough Rice did not have a super productive day against the Raiders I liked the pass-to-run ratio. The Ravens tested out the Raiders run defense early on and then made the appropriate adjustments. I think/hope, that our offense finally figured out how it needs to play and officially overcame it's run/pass identity crisis. If true, Joe and Ray will get us the W's easy. Joe Flacco&Ray Rice = Future of the Franchise. LET THE NEW ERA BEGIN!!!

I can see how Pittsburgh would choose to hold Ben out now as opposed to later. They would benefit more by him being healthy at the end of the year. But I'm still not sold on the fact that he's not going to play. But like I said before, it doesn't really matter. We just need to go in there and handle business.

How can your team be 6-3 and your qb is "in the conversation for MVP " I don't get it. WE need to play this game they have good players on that team they have a good defense . I saw what the chiefs did to them but we can not go up there and think its a skate in the park .

Is it just me or did that injury look contrived when it happened? I am beginning to think Ben really doesn't like playing in these games against the Ravens-- even though he does well in most of them. The game that Dixon started a couple of years ago; I remember Hines Ward questioning Ben's toughness and commitment to the team after Ben sat out with "concussion like symptoms"... Am I reading it wrong here?

Glazer's reports don't count for me. I'll believe it when the Steelers announce it.

If Ben doesn't play, that actually makes it harder on our offense. For some reason, the Steeler defense really "brings it" when Ben is out.

I can guarantee that we are not taking this team lightly. The Ravens understand what is on the line this week. You can rest assured that the team will be ready to play.

I have a bad feeling as a Ravens' fan that N****R Byron Leftwich has some cheating up his sleaves!

Im tired of hearing that that the Ravens can win now cuz Ben is not playing. Ravens have and can beat the Steelers with or without Ben under center, yes it certainly improves our chances with Ben out, but c'mon the media and some people act like the Ravens have not been one of the AFC's elite for a while now, Ravens are as good as any team out there, and when the big games come around the Ravens always play up to the moment. Lets keep getting better every week and finally bring the Lombardi back to Baltimore.

The OL needs to step up, if they keep playing like they have been it will be just like the Houston game, the steelers D is ranked #1 and Joe and the OL need to be ready.

If the Browns put up a good fight at home of course Pitt will With or without Ben. This would be a great time for the O to perform lights out on the road.

Posted
A minute ago
I have a bad feeling as a Ravens' fan that N****R Byron Leftwich has some cheating up his sleaves!--- WOW!! I cant believe this, you spelled Sleeves wrong lol. but seriously man what are you trying to accomplish with these disrespectful comments.

thank you moderator for deleting that offensive comment. On another note, let the media dog us. We thrive as the underdog. I love it when the media dogs us.

Their top passing offensive weapon is out. Our top defensive passing weapon ( L Webb) is out. Now we're even.

No excuses will be accepted coming from Pitt after we crush their you know whats !!!

[quote name='ravens2thebowl' timestamp='1352906754' post='1218801']
I can guarantee that we are not taking this team lightly. The Ravens understand what is on the line this week. You can rest assured that the team will be ready to play.
[/quote]True even if Tomlin plays QB they'll still get our best lol

We can beat them with or without Ben . The have the number one defense ,,, and the chiefs repeatedly ran all over them , and torched the secondary if it wans't for complete stupidity the chiefs would have won . I agree we can't take this lightly the o-line will have to keep joe uppright but you can order fast food in the time it takes byron to throw the ball . I say ram it down there throat foot on the gas the whole way .

Tamba Hali and Houston did us such a favor. This will be the easiest division to win in recent years. His injury could not come at a better time. I pray he gets well, but not until after the playoffs are over.