63 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Jay Glazer from FOX reports that Byron Leftwich will start in place of Ben Roethlisberger this week.

View the full article

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,075 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Won't believe it until it's official

#3 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Still have to prepare for the Steelers. It'll still be a tough game. But they'll certainly be running more. Get out to an early lead and force Leftwich to pass and make mistakes.

#4 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

If you look at last years' two games and the two the year before, you will see that Flacco has been the X factor. I believe he will be again on Sunday night.

While it is always a "too close to call" game, the past two seasons have shown me that when Flacco is up against the best, he tends to elevate his game.

In the victories, Flacco has played his usual game: spreading the ball around, making incredible throws and generally running the show.

In the losses, Flacco has also played his usual game: spreading the ball around, making incredible throws and generally running the show. Only in the losses, he has made that one critical mistake.

It looks like he has started to avoid the critical mistake both at home and on the road.

This could be a long evening for the Steelers.

#5 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Leftwich is not mobile at ALL anymore. His accuracy is almost non-existent as well. We should be rushing this QB from the start (listening Pees?). He folds under pressure.

Still, I'll believe Ben is not playing on Sunday night after kick off.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#6 charles1712

charles1712

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Still the Ravens must not take the Steelers lightly . The Steelers still have the best defence in game today . As a Ravens fan I can only hope our offence shows up as they did this past Sunday .

#7 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Stop the Run and Reed will take care of Leftwich's attempts to pass the ball...

#8 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

So all the "experts" say Ravens win if Big Ben is out.... I've got news for them, Ravens CAN win with Big Ben playing!! Unless last year's games were imaginary!! I know, it's a new year but I truly think they got the crux resolved last year!! I think games will remain close but I do have more confidence in how the Ravens play against Pittsburgh!

#9 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Eventhough Rice did not have a super productive day against the Raiders I liked the pass-to-run ratio. The Ravens tested out the Raiders run defense early on and then made the appropriate adjustments. I think/hope, that our offense finally figured out how it needs to play and officially overcame it's run/pass identity crisis. If true, Joe and Ray will get us the W's easy. Joe Flacco&Ray Rice = Future of the Franchise. LET THE NEW ERA BEGIN!!!

Edited by PolishRifle, 14 November 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#10 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I can see how Pittsburgh would choose to hold Ben out now as opposed to later. They would benefit more by him being healthy at the end of the year. But I'm still not sold on the fact that he's not going to play. But like I said before, it doesn't really matter. We just need to go in there and handle business.

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

How can your team be 6-3 and your qb is "in the conversation for MVP " I don't get it. WE need to play this game they have good players on that team they have a good defense . I saw what the chiefs did to them but we can not go up there and think its a skate in the park .

#12 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Is it just me or did that injury look contrived when it happened? I am beginning to think Ben really doesn't like playing in these games against the Ravens-- even though he does well in most of them. The game that Dixon started a couple of years ago; I remember Hines Ward questioning Ben's toughness and commitment to the team after Ben sat out with "concussion like symptoms"... Am I reading it wrong here?

#13 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,502 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Glazer's reports don't count for me. I'll believe it when the Steelers announce it.

If Ben doesn't play, that actually makes it harder on our offense. For some reason, the Steeler defense really "brings it" when Ben is out.
10wmids.jpg

#14 ravens2thebowl

ravens2thebowl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I can guarantee that we are not taking this team lightly. The Ravens understand what is on the line this week. You can rest assured that the team will be ready to play.

#15 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,593 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

I just did a Jacoby Jones touchdown celebration.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#16 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Im tired of hearing that that the Ravens can win now cuz Ben is not playing. Ravens have and can beat the Steelers with or without Ben under center, yes it certainly improves our chances with Ben out, but c'mon the media and some people act like the Ravens have not been one of the AFC's elite for a while now, Ravens are as good as any team out there, and when the big games come around the Ravens always play up to the moment. Lets keep getting better every week and finally bring the Lombardi back to Baltimore.

#17 mason85

mason85

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

The OL needs to step up, if they keep playing like they have been it will be just like the Houston game, the steelers D is ranked #1 and Joe and the OL need to be ready.

#18 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

If the Browns put up a good fight at home of course Pitt will With or without Ben. This would be a great time for the O to perform lights out on the road.

#19 ravens2thebowl

ravens2thebowl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

thank you moderator for deleting that offensive comment. On another note, let the media dog us. We thrive as the underdog. I love it when the media dogs us.

#20 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Their top passing offensive weapon is out. Our top defensive passing weapon ( L Webb) is out. Now we're even.

No excuses will be accepted coming from Pitt after we crush their you know whats !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users