Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Re-Sign QB Dennis Dixon

32 posts in this topic

The former Steeler doesn’t appear headed back to Pittsburgh this week.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Re-Sign-QB-Dennis-Dixon/20e815a5-ae83-4403-8bf5-47db22f0908c]View the full article[/url]

It must be more because the Ravens feel Dixon is better than Leftwich, and didn't want to play against him. Dixon didn't spend time in Pitt. under the new OC, so he doesn't have insight on the new system, right?

Very smart move on the Ravens' part because of the amount of time Dixon spent here...too much intell to let him get away. But, the Steelers can still poach him, but they will have to drop a player.

Dang Omar, he flashed potential in pre-season. What a shame.

Wish they had not released Omar Brown; perhaps they intend to add him to the practice squad somehow. Lots of musical chairs at the bottom of the roster. Who's that TE they signed? :(

I would rather have Omar Brown the the TE they grabbed!!Also we sign a 33 year old corner? Why not Resign Danny Gorrer? He was released from Seattle last week!!CB Chris Johnson won't even contribute on special teams!!

Great chess move!
It sucks to lose Omar but this puts the Squeelers in a harder spot.
Dixon would have been an obvious choice for them. We'll let him go in about 4 weeks :-)

[i][u][b]The timing of the move is of note[/b][/u], considering the rivals are set to clash Sunday and Pittsburgh may be in need of a quarterback with Roethlisberger ailing.[/i]

^ resigning Dixon to keep him from going back to pittsburgh was a very shrewd business move. i like it! lol!

~Mili

this is a aaalllsome move by the ravens he tore us up in the air before cant let the steelers use him against us this next game. I thought he was good any way.

Of all the people you could cut, you chose Omar Brown? Hopefully we resign him after the Pittsburgh game in M&T... cannot afford to lose Omar who had an uncanny knack for the ball!

[quote name='Joe Flacco is #1' timestamp='1352858965' post='1218583']
this is a aaalllsome move by the ravens he tore us up in the air before cant let the steelers use him against us this next game. I thought he was good any way.
[/quote]

I believe it's more about protecting in-house secrets than any real fear of facing him on the field - afterall, he's been a part of our system most of the season - but, regardless, it's a great move by the brass.

I love the intelligent people in the organization who made this move possible. Any time we can keep Pittsburgh from acquiring a piece to aide them in their team's winning ways is a good day for Baltimore. Let's go and trash them at Heinz Field so we can head out to San Diego with smiles on our faces!

[quote name='raven5286' timestamp='1352849773' post='1218486']
Why should we get Dixon when we already have Taylor as our backup QB
[/quote]Because Dixon can help Dick Lebeau

Not only was the move strategic, but notice how Dixon would whether be on our practice squad then have the opportunity to earn a spot and get some PT with the Steelers. We obviously must have the better organization.

[quote name='mettro79' timestamp='1352877543' post='1218692']
Not only was the move strategic, but notice how Dixon would whether be on our practice squad then have the opportunity to earn a spot and get some PT with the Steelers. We obviously must have the better organization.
[/quote] No it's called take a job that'll benifit you the most and common sense. The Steelers are one of the best if not best organization in the NFL and that's coming from every owner and outsider in the NFL and they have the hardware to prove it and they are the most consistent in the NFL as far as coaching and players. Why would he go to the Steelers? All the steelers need him for is one week to get the Ravens game plan and strategey, the Ravens need him a lot more than the Steelers do and he knows it. So basically he's buying his self and extra 3 weeks to get paid, with the steelers he'll have one week

"The Steelers could still get Dixon this week, but they would have to release somebody from their 53-man roster."

Didn't the rule use to say something like you can't take a guy from another team's PS if the two teams play each other within 8 or so days? Because then the steelers couldn't take Dixon, even if they wanted to...

bio