Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Sign CB Chris Johnson, Place Bobby Rainey On Injured Reserve

102 posts in this topic

The Ravens signed former Raiders cornerback Chris Johnson on Tuesday.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Sign-CB-Chris-Johnson-Place-Bobby-Rainey-On-Injured-Reserve/172c1a6b-557d-4927-9bf1-b25de6c1db8a]View the full article[/url]

good signing. c'mon smith please don't end up being a bust because you always have these nagging injuries that keep you from practicing and getting real game reps to allow you to improve. get better soon!!

I'm really starting to think Jimmy is a bust. He's had a good amount of experience now and he seems to be getting beat on a consistent basis. He can't handle a double move to save his life.

[quote name='D3x3001' timestamp='1352838754' post='1218294']
I'm really starting to think Jimmy is a bust. He's had a good amount of experience now and he seems to be getting beat on a consistent basis. He can't handle a double move to save his life.
[/quote] I planned on saying this but i fear there isnt enough red to negative me enough not a popular opinion. I agree 100 percent .

I would of liked to see Stanford Rout but this is a solid signing he can definitely make a difference if given a chance to play

I had no idea that Jimmy Smith was injured. I always used to take up for him and wanted him to start but so far for a first round pick he hasn't shown too much of anything yet.

[quote name='D3x3001' timestamp='1352838754' post='1218294']
[/quote]
[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1352838833' post='1218301']
I planned on saying this but i fear there isnt enough red to negative me enough not a popular opinion. I agree 100 percent .
[/quote]

"a good amount of experience?"
He barely played at all last year after having no off season and we're only a little over halfway through this season and he's been missing time again due to injury.
I think he BARELY has a composite season of PT where he's actually been involved in the defense. relax

I think the Ravens made good on signing Chris Johnson we need a better Cb than jimmy right now he will bring something we have been missing in the secondary.Go Ravens!

not a bad Vet pick up. 8 career picks,
Looks like he was Rams ST in 05 as a rookie, guessing he spent '06 as a Free agent, probably a nickel or dime in 07 for the Raiders, had good years in '08/'09 likely due to a target volume boost because nobody wanted to throw to Nnamdi, but credit where its due: he made em pay for picking on him.

i think the D gets a lil stronger with this move

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4703/chris-johnson

I'm interested in seeing which Chris Johnson it will be: The 2010 or the 2011 version? He struggled badly in 2011, giving up 15 receptions on 19 targets, 1 TD and a QB rating of 129.8 through 4 games, to go along with 4 penalties. He did very well in 2010, however, allowing just 17 receptions on 40 targets, 3 TDs against 2 INTs and a QB rating of 68.9. If we see any glimpse of his 2010 form, it could be a good signing. Though I am a little surprised that when considering former Raiders, we went with Johnson over Stanford Routt, given that both are size and speed CBs who are penalty prone, with Routt having a distinct advantage in the age difference. Still, very anxious to see how it plays out. At least we'll have the extra speed to match up with Mike Wallace.

I think Stanford Routt wouldve been a better choice, We'll see what he can do, & i also think this means Jimmy Will miss this week.

any pick at this position to provide Depth is always a great addition to any team ,the teams that go Far Have the least Injured Players and or best Bench players Ready to step in at there positions ,this was not just a Good pickup ,but great Pickup because its hard to find Guys this late in the season without giving up High draft picks or player trades for decent corners.

I am still a little surprised that we haven't seen Asa Jackson in any of the games yet. I thought with the injury to Webb he might have gotten a decent amount of PT. But this isn't a bad pick up. Hopefully he picks up the system with relative ease.

we need to draft a cb or 2 next year and or sign a FA cb. webb has had injury issues in his career plus the verdict is still out on jimmy. cary williams isnt that bad but not worth big time $$. maybe asa or chykie develop into starters like webb did.

Who he is, it does not matter at this time. All people will know, once he started to 'play like RAVEN'. Examples; Barnard Pollard, Leach, Jones.... who they were....But at present they are NFL stars becasue they play like RAVEN in Raven's defence.

Let's hope it's nothing serious with Rainey. Though, poor boy won't probably see many snaps anyway, because luckily we have a great RB duo.

bio