Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

QB Injuries

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Michael Vick, Jay Cutler and Alex Smith all sustained concussions this week. Rothliesberger left yesterday's game against the Chiefs to be evaluated at a local hospital. He has an undisclosed shoulder injury. Multiple sources say that the Eagles' front office intends to roll with rookie Nick Foles for the rest of the season, in light of Vick's "pretty significant concussion." Josh McCown has been re-hired by the Bears in light of Cutler's 2nd concussion since 2010. The Steelers would be down to Byron Leftwich at QB if Rothliesberger had to miss Sunday Night's Game against the Ravens. No report has been given on Alex Smith, but back-up QB Colin Kaepernick has already run some Wildcat plays for the 49ers this season.

Edited by flaccopoe, 13 November 2012 - 12:48 PM.

<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#2 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,890 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Isn't it funny how Michael Vick could be 'put down' for the season like a dying dog?
Posted Image

#3 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Isn't it funny how Michael Vick could be 'put down' for the season like a dying dog?

:34853_doh:

Though in all seriousness, he might want to hang it up after this season.
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#4 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,890 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

:34853_doh:

Though in all seriousness, he might want to hang it up after this season.

Ain't no way that's happening. He still needs to make up for all the cash he lost. Some team will blame the Eagles O-Line and give Vick a healthy deal & shot. I could see Arizona, KC, Buffalo as teams to fall into the pit.
Posted Image

#5 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I could see AZ or Buffalo, not KC since Cassel was concussed. Vick will probably want to avoid them.
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#6 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,172 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

The 49ers will be fine with Kaepernick if they need to go without Alex Smith. Jay Cutler's injury benefits the 49ers because as we saw last year the Bears fell apart without Cutler under center. If Kaepernick has to step in and Cutler misses a game or two, that could give the 49ers the second seed in the NFC. The Eagles meanwhile, well now they will have a chance to look at Nick Foles and see if he can be the future, or if he can be impressive enough to stay starting QB under the new regime.

#7 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,890 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

The 49ers will be fine with Kaepernick if they need to go without Alex Smith. Jay Cutler's injury benefits the 49ers because as we saw last year the Bears fell apart without Cutler under center. If Kaepernick has to step in and Cutler misses a game or two, that could give the 49ers the second seed in the NFC. The Eagles meanwhile, well now they will have a chance to look at Nick Foles and see if he can be the future, or if he can be impressive enough to stay starting QB under the new regime.

I wouldn't count out the Bears. Give Jason Campbell a full week's practice, he can make plays. Most competent QBs can make plays when they have Marshall.

Kaepernick really didn't throw much when he got into the game. Luckily the 49ers have a great OL and they can just run the ball through anyone which will help.
Posted Image

#8 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Campbell is better than Hanie and McCown, so the Bears and their offense shouldn't completely collapse like they did last season. Let's see how many more TDs that defense scores.

As for the 49ers, if you don't have a QB who can throw, you won't win a lot of games. I don't put any stock into what Tebow did last year, lol. Campbell is a far more proven thrower than Kaepernick.

#9 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

It would be kinda funny to see Vick out in Arizona where Kolb is. LOL.

Kolb would be like, "ugh. not again."

#10 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Jay Cutler, Ben Rothliesberger and Michael Vick will all be absent from Week 11's games. Alex Smith's status is still uncertain, but is expected to play, given that his game's on Monday night.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#11 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

This just in: Alex Smith will NOT play tonight against the Bears. This means that both teams will have to rely on their backups. With Colin Kaepernick facing Jason Campbell, this figures to be extremely low in yardage/points and extremely high in turnovers and sacks.

#12 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Colin Kaepernick wowed everyone yesterday as he went 18/23 with 243 yd and 2 TD passes in his 1st start, against the Bears defense, no less! Thanks are looking bright at Candlestick Park!

#13 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Colin Kaepernick wowed everyone yesterday as he went 18/23 with 243 yd and 2 TD passes in his 1st start, against the Bears defense, no less! Thanks are looking bright at Candlestick Park!

I see what you did there.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#14 Briggy59

Briggy59

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Alex Smith has to be wondering, again, how secure his job is - Kaepernick looked very poised under center against the Teddies.

#15 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

I wonder if CHI will make a move to acquire David Garrard? Jason Campbell's looked pretty awful. You can't downgrade much from Campbell.

#16 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

This will only increase the NFL's desire to improve player safety.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#17 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

This will only increase the NFL's desire to improve player safety.

Hence the Ed Reed suspension...

#18 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Sounds like to me the 49ers will stick with Kaepernick.

#19 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Sounds like to me the 49ers will stick with Kaepernick.

It's official: Harbaugh has made the switch to Kaepernick! What a shocker... the coach replaces the QB that's lead his team to the NFCCG last year and a 6-2-1 record this year with a sophomore after 1 start!

#20 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,172 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

It's official: Harbaugh has made the switch to Kaepernick! What a shocker... the coach replaces the QB that's lead his team to the NFCCG last year and a 6-2-1 record this year with a sophomore after 1 start!

I tried telling everyone the 49ers should cut him and moved on to Kaepernick in the off-season, and Jim listened to me and is doing it earlier than I thought. Now I look smart. Kaepernick is much better than Smith. Think Cam Newton except he has a team around him and he isn't a sore loser who sits on the bench with a towel over his head.

UPDATE 12:27 a.m. ET: Trotter responded to the ESPN report late Wednesday night saying he’s standing by his report and included a quote from what he was told Harbaugh said to Smith. “”I’m going with Kaepernick. Alex, I’m sorry.”

http://profootballta...ver-alex-smith/

Edited by JO_75, 22 November 2012 - 12:45 AM.