A surprise cut.

#2 rayven98

rayven98

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Getting cut by falcons may be a vet minimum guy to help the pass rush. Especially if we play a little more 4 down linemen

#3 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

He's a scrub, offers very little
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

No!~Mr.Irrelevent
Banned

#5 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Let me just say, I was breaking the news, not recruiting him. Haha. He wouldn't do anything for us.

#6 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

No thanks. Kind of funny though.

#7 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Bust FA signing. I bet he misses Jared Allen.

#8 Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

He had success in Minnesota, but playing next to Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and Jared Allen made it hard to tell whether he was just siphoning from their success. He seemed to do a lot on his own, and playing across from John Abraham would seem to help, but I guess he just couldn't hold up.
Posted Image

#9 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

he talked a lot of crap also when he was not resigned by minnesota because his "backup" got paid and he said he wouldn't take less, his "backup" brian robison has 5 sacks this year and smartly keeps his mouth shut playing opposite of Jared Allen.

#10 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

He had success in Minnesota, but playing next to Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and Jared Allen made it hard to tell whether he was just siphoning from their success. He seemed to do a lot on his own, and playing across from John Abraham would seem to help, but I guess he just couldn't hold up.

I think it its possible that he could of had lost his motivation to give his all in game since he received so much money from the falcons. Maybe he's overall drive from the time he played as a viking was to get that big contract/ pay day rather than the passion for the game .

#11 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

As it's already been mentioned, Edwards has struggled mightily as a pass rusher in his short-lived stint in Atlanta. For someone paying opposite of a dominant force in John Abraham, you would expect a little more than just 2 pressures on the year. Granted that he has played seen the field considerably less than he did on average in 2011, but the point still stands. Edwards has been a solid run defender though, to his credit, with 30 stops since 2011 and just 1 missed tackle. But there would probably be a transition period, and I doubt he'd be willing to sign for the bare minimum. Another team is likely to overpay him.

Posted Image

#12 nk02442

nk02442

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

I know the falcons cut him, didnt want to pay his salary............

The guy had some decent years and is still young. Wonder if brining him in for a tryout would be a bad idea. Worst case were out a plane ticket, Best Case, we can pick up a Pass Rusher and some depth for the Dline. Moving Ngata into the NT spot would be preferable since cody and kemo are both weak, slow fat tubs of lard.

#13 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Already being discussed here:

http://boards.baltim...de-ray-edwards/

Posted Image

#14 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,718 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

He's been a big bust in Atlanta. No thanks.

#15 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I know the falcons cut him, didnt want to pay his salary............

The guy had some decent years and is still young. Wonder if brining him in for a tryout would be a bad idea. Worst case were out a plane ticket, Best Case, we can pick up a Pass Rusher and some depth for the Dline. Moving Ngata into the NT spot would be preferable since cody and kemo are both weak, slow fat tubs of lard.

If I interpreted what you said correctly, you want Ray Edwards to come in as a 3-4 DE and move Ngata to NT. Moving Ngata to NT is okay, but playing Ray Edwards as a 3-4 DE is absurd, laughable, and ridiculous.

Now, if we wanted to be reasonable and bring him in as a 3-4 OLB, I'd be more open minded. I'm still opposed to it, but more receptive. He's played in a 4-3 since forever. Maybe he could come here strictly as a third down rusher, but I don't think we have the cap for it. It's unlikely.

#16 XxSizzleXx

XxSizzleXx

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Bust FA signing. I bet he misses Jared Allen.

I bet he misses that entire line, when Allen, The Williams' and Edwards were together they were by far the best and most disruptive defensive line.

#17 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I bet he misses that entire line, when Allen, The Williams' and Edwards were together they were by far the best and most disruptive defensive line.

Damn that line was fun to watch. That line was so freakin good.

#18 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Lol, I love when teams over pay an overrated player, only to watch it not work out at all.

#19 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

PFF are saying the problem was how he was used, he's a complement as a power LE but can't rush the more athletic blindside tackles from the right side. Night and day basically.

Edited by BloodRaven, 13 November 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#20 atljbo

atljbo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

TRUST ME..... Yall dont want him... Im not going to go into all the reasons why off the field (its ALOOOT) ..ill just say he is very focused on his modeling and boxing.. Ill stick to on the field... He is to stiff to play 3-4 OLB in you guys scheme... atbeast he could play 3-4 DE but thats not a good fit... In a 4-3 scheme he is not a good pass rusher....He is not the passrusher he looked like for the Vikings.

rsz_1bagye6qcyaaavuw.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users