VOTE: Pro Bowl Ballot      Mobile App      Game Rewind   

Photo

Ravens game tape

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,489 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Here is something interesting to consider.

Other than division rivals who know us well, what kind of crazy game tape are our opponents forced to watch?
Think about it.

Take the Giants or the Redskins for example.
They rarely play us and know very little about us.

If they pop the texans game in to the DVD player ( sorry to bring this up ) but watching that game they might think they would have a cake walk. If they pop the Bengals game from week one in they are going to have to plan for full on war.
And then there is every game in between. The Ravens have looked very different every week. Some weeks more so than other.

Our opponents are not really going to know which Ravens team to plan for.

Just an interesting random thought.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Then we better play
"damn near perfect" like Suggs said, we have a vengence, and its time for war.
Banned

#3 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,888 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

I think most teams watch tape from the past several weeks leading up to the game...although i could be wrong about that. They might also look at tape against teams that run a similar scheme as they do.

@gabefergy

#4 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Other than division rivals who know us well, what kind of crazy game tape are our opponents forced to watch?
Think about it.

If they pop the texans game in to the DVD player ( sorry to bring this up ) but watching that game they might think they would have a cake walk. If they pop the Bengals game from week one in they are going to have to plan for full on war.
And then there is every game in between. The Ravens have looked very different every week. Some weeks more so than other.

LMAO, you are so very right. Hell we do not even know which team will show up and what they will do so how can they game plan against us. Great point friend.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#5 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Sure, we've had a tough time the last 2 years on the road... but NOT in our division. People for get that.

#6 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,457 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Think about it.

Not in the slightest. They're going to prepare for the Ravens on their best day. The purpose of watching film is to scout players and gain an insight into the scheme and tendencies of other teams so that you can create a scheme of your own. When you watch film, the score of the game doesn't matter in the slightest. Its purpose is to analyze every aspect possible of the other team. It's not to find out how easy or hard the game will be; it's to see the tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses of the other team.

#7 organizedchaos007

organizedchaos007

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

actually other teams watch "entire" game film very very rarely. Instead they have a film team gather information (specified by HC and his coordinates). Alot of it is statistical data to recognize tendencies (like what formations were used, down and distances, the #of QB steps in his drop, route combinations used~~ and the result of the play), they also have their film team gather "cut ups" of these same situations ("give me every 3rd down cut up when the steelers were in trips right formation"). It goes much deeper than just looking at an entire gametape and realizing, alot of what was called by the opposing teams coordinators were based on THAT game and how it plays out... Instead they organize it in "tendencies" so we can predict situations better, and be more well prepared and efficient in play calls. Its alot of work
Posted Image

#8 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,489 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

...and our "tendencies " are all over the map.

K-Dog

#9 organizedchaos007

organizedchaos007

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with that at all, there will be a lot of film to watch, Its just broke down a little differently than just sitting down and popping in a DVD of a game.

Edited by organizedchaos007, 13 November 2012 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

#10 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

I'm pretty sure most teams will plan for the worst, but then hope Flacco has one of his crap games.

#11 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,489 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with that at all, there will be a lot of film to watch, Its just broke down a little differently than just sitting down and popping in a DVD of a game.

I knew you were not disagreeing. I was reinforcing your point.

and yeah I knew it was a bit more involved than a DVD of the game with the commercials cut out.

They leave in the funny commercials. ;)

K-Dog

#12 organizedchaos007

organizedchaos007

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

I knew you were not disagreeing. I was reinforcing your point.

and yeah I knew it was a bit more involved than a DVD of the game with the commercials cut out.

They leave in the funny commercials. ;)

This is a must!!
Posted Image

#13 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Think about it.

Ummm...ok

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."