Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Steelers Week Is John Harbaugh's Favorite Week

60 posts in this topic

If you love football, there is no greater place to be than watching Ravens-Steelers rivalry.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Week-Is-John-Harbaughs-Favorite-Week/b3d1612b-ee19-4ce6-9b42-26aba1c22850]View the full article[/url]

Off the subject but can anyone tell me why Joe Flacco's on the phone everytime the Ravens score, is he talking upstairs or is he making personal calls,seriously fans

[quote name='Popeye the sailor man' timestamp='1352766519' post='1217067']
Off the subject but can anyone tell me why Joe Flacco's on the phone everytime the Ravens score, is he talking upstairs or is he making personal calls,seriously fans
[/quote]

I think Caldwell is up in the coaches box, he's probably talking to him.

6 of 8 decided by three points. Notice that the only two that were more than three points were Ravens wins.

This is the test. This is where we separate the boys rom the men. For some reason, I am really confident in our team. Moreso then in years past going into this game. I think the team is going at it with the right approach, not to confident, repecting the opponent, but knowing that this will shut up a lot of people if they come out and ball so hard against the steelers on the road. Can't Wait!

Why cant the NFL have these games in B More! Under the light's are always in squeeltown! Sunday and they never have the squeelers in B More on MNF so they can "Protect" their so called record! Yup! Its Kool! The Ravens will Beat The Brakes off them in their "OWN" backyard for the "WORLD" to see come Sunday Night! "They know whats Up"!

Point is you can call theSteelers anything you want but they have a great team, & Match up great against us. Its going to hopefully be a fight we come out on top . & Finally get some respect around the League.

Sure is looking like the refs have some money on Pittsburgh tonight. They are making sure the Chiefs wont win. They should try not to be so obvious about it.

[quote name='Popeye the sailor man' timestamp='1352780112' post='1217535']
Thanks for your answer berad,I thought that was an honest question so I don't know why people negativing me
[/quote]lol your question seemed fine to me. People just get so defensive when you even mention Joe Flacco.

Man, the darn Chiefs almost won! I can't believe that! I wish Cassel didn't completely suck. Maybe he could have hit McCluster instead of risking Bowe and therefore giving the game away. Big Ben is out for a little while though. Maybe he knew his team would win and that's why he took a break or maybe he is honestly hurt. Who knows? I'm excited though! Go Ravens! Let's beat those Steelers next week! With or without Big Ben!

Earlier this year, Big Ben said he had a partial torn rotator cuff. If he completely tore it tonight, he'll probably have surgery and be out 2 months. They can can prolong the surgery a couple of weeks with injections but it will be painful. It could be a separated shoulder but Ben's agent said it was a "non-traditional, unique" injury.

"It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year"...

Suggs likes to say how many "sleeps" until the next game...I'm betting the adrenaline's already keeping guys stay awake...

Hey see what the chiefs did. Stacked 7 up front. It was working even with ben in. Our corners need to play well this game.

You have to love Harbs' attitude towards which is aruguably one of the hardest games we play all year.

even if that is a 1st degree shoulder seperation you can't sleep lying down.... and most dudes don't sleep like that... not to mention soreness from taking hits from T-sizzle and Ngata.... also if it's a third degree..... he'll be out for 3 weeks.... Let's hope he's healthy so we can beat them and they can't say only if ben was playing.

This is why Ive had a change of heart in regards to Joe, running the rock! I can take him just going down now and lastnite "Solidified" my change of heart! He cant go down fast enough now! Lol Im just sayin! Now they have an "Excuse" when the Ravens come to town! Big jen now byron are nothing more than Big Targets to our Defense! Rush Four, no more than Five and they are DONE!

That game last night was sickening. Everyone will attribute the close game to Ben being out, but the Steelers were stinking it up before then. The game was very reminiscent of our ugly game vs. KC. The difference? Everyone said - and rightly so - the KC should have beaten the Ravens and that it wasn't a game the Ravens found a way to win, it was a game that KC found a way to lose. Today, it will be all about how the Steelers found a way to win - to grit out a difficult situation ... championship pedigree ... blah...blah...blah.

Ben or no Ben ... get offense to be productive on the road for a change, stuff their run, cause turnovers and kick their butts!

I send you a message BmoreB check your message page, John Harbough is a sicko, no coaches has a favorite week,thinking of the Steelers makes me go to bathroom more,heard Roethlisberger got hurt but I'm sure the warrior that he is will be on the field against Baltimore

ben or no ben a win is a win. we dont have ray and webb and a 50% ngata so i could care less if the squeelers have excuses. the last 2 times we played them without ben we almost lost to dixon and batch so this is not a gimme if leftwich starts. focus on the task at hand and do not take the foot off the pedal cameron.

I thought the steelers looked bad last night even before Ben got hurt. VOTE for Joe on Nfl.com for fed ex air player of the week .

Looks like to me Ben is always getting hurt before Ravens games..Which either means hes scared to play them or so they have an excuse when Baltimore beats them..SMH

[quote name='PurplePlague52' timestamp='1352811652' post='1217893']
Looks like to me Ben is always getting hurt before Ravens games..Which either means hes scared to play them or so they have an excuse when Baltimore beats them..SMH
[/quote]Exactly

[quote name='PurplePlague52' timestamp='1352811652' post='1217893']
[/quote]

He's always injured leading up to games with us and then plays like there's nothing wrong. He's a big drama queen. I'll believe it when I see him listed "Out" on Friday's injury report.

anyone know if that injury to Ben was on his throwing arm ,if so he may play ,but he wont be 100 by any means and after slow motioning it it looks alot worse then i thought ,i dont like seeing most players get hurt lol But hey its the steelers and a guy thats done somethings i feel are wrong ,with that said i hope he plays lol and i hope we hurt him worse then he is.

I get tired of people talking trash about Big Ben. This is the NFL everybody is hurt every week. Ben is one of the toughest QB's I've seen since Steve Young. I don't like the Steelers but I respect them and their players especially Big Ben and his two Super Bowl rings. A lot of players have the stats but not the jewelry, at the end of the day all the people care about is how many Lombardi Trophies you held up

the difference is that he is always whining about being hurt. i think you're in the wrong place if you are looking for sympathy for ben.

@Popeye the sailor: So what your trying to say is that you've talked to every coach in the league and they've all told you that they have no favorite week? Please don't criticize our head coach for embracing the NFl's best rivalry.

i am worried. which cam is going to show up? the cam against kc or the cam against oakland. the defense look like they played better being rested during the game. three n outs won't rest the d.

for this game we should attack the LBs... i have a feeling the best way to attack them this time is their strong point. and on defense we should mix it up with reed blitz and ellerbe dropping back in coverage simultaneously. Meanwhile pollard can play spy leaving 1v1 with the receivers. Very risky but very probable to being successful for this game in particular. Now if big ben is out then scrap the whole plan.

[quote name='feartheflock' timestamp='1352781314' post='1217625']
lol your question seemed fine to me. People just get so defensive when you even mention Joe Flacco.
[/quote]
Thanks man for supporting me :football:

[quote name='Popeye the sailor man' timestamp='1352780112' post='1217535']
Thanks for your answer berad,I thought that was an honest question so I don't know why people negativing me
[/quote]

No offense, but did you really think he was making personal calls?

I know everyone is optimistic and I am a huge fan. bu I am still not confident that we will beat the Steelers or San Diego. I hope I'm worng but unless we get more creative witht he running game and our defensive secondary I see us going 0 - 3 in this stretch.

Both teams get up for this game so if Leftwich gets the nod, he'll bring his A-Game!

Meanwhile, lets run until they stop it! Cam, this ain't the Raider Secondary, this is smash mouth football time with short passes for consistent drives!

Lets eat up clock and score from the 'Red Zone' not from the 40 (either 40)!