Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

Steelers cut rookie DT Alameda Ta'amu

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,019 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Ta'amu was a 4th round pick out of Washington that I was pretty high on coming out of the draft. He had some embarrassing off the field issues this season where he tried to run from the cops after getting busted for drunik driving. Not a very good start to you NFL career.

That said, I still think this guy has talent and considering our struggles at NT he might be an interesting waiver claim. For one, adding a former Steeler could potentially give us some insight into their defensive strategy. He is also a talented player who could make something of himself still if given a chance.

Personally, I dont think he is a great fit for a 3-4, but he has great size and is surprisingly quick and agile. I just thought it was interesting that he was cut and the potenital opportunity it creates for us.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#2 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,746 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Once I read this on Rotoworld, my first thought was to make a topic like this. I was just lazy and forgot. But I am with you 100% but who do we cut for him? I'm definitely for this idea, though.

#3 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Seems interesting but I think he should atleast be put on the ravens practice squad first then see how he progresses from there.

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

They get Harrison, we get, Ta'amu....,, I'm gomna hate pronouncing his name if we get him

#5 mhead66

mhead66

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

They cut him to add WR David Gilreath to the active roster - Gilreath looked like a real keeper in the preseason, just got caught up in the receiver numbers game - Ta'amu has looked like a tub of lard, in the couple of preseason games I saw him in... I'm betting the Steelers are trying to sneak him onto the practice squad, but if they don't... not a real loss.

#6 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,167 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

It's funny how you mention he was drunk, because I read that he's facing 15 felony charges, which include fleeing police, aggravated assault and aggravated assault by vehicle, as well as misdemeanor accident causing damage, resisting arrest, escape and DUI.

Pass.

#7 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,203 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Ta'amu was a 4th round pick out of Washington that I was pretty high on coming out of the draft. He had some embarrassing off the field issues this season where he tried to run from the cops after getting busted for drunik driving. Not a very good start to you NFL career.

That said, I still think this guy has talent and considering our struggles at NT he might be an interesting waiver claim. For one, adding a former Steeler could potentially give us some insight into their defensive strategy. He is also a talented player who could make something of himself still if given a chance.

Personally, I dont think he is a great fit for a 3-4, but he has great size and is surprisingly quick and agile. I just thought it was interesting that he was cut and the potenital opportunity it creates for us.

Didn't you draft him in our draft?

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

You no longer make a million posts a minute. You make a million trades a minute now....

Jacksonville Jaguars GM

Twitter

#8 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,019 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Didn't you draft him in our draft?

Yeah he really impressed me in the tape I watched of him.

#9 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,167 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Yeah he really impressed me in the tape I watched of him.

Really? I thought he was incredibly average,

#10 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,019 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Really? I thought he was incredibly average,

Really. A few things stood out to me about him. He moves really well for a guy his size and his first step is impressive. He has above average quickness and is also stout against the run.

This is all from college so I am not sure how he has looked as a Pro. There is definitely potential there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users