45 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Baltimore’s front seven got its hands on six passes and Paul Kruger got an INT.

View the full article

#2 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

I liked having Upshaw, Kruger and Sizzle on the field at the same time. A lot of speed and versitility that way. Tyson played a great game, he has a good future. The moved I liked the most was resting Ngata and McPhee. Giving the young guys some burn, resting the vets will pay huge dividends down the stretch.

#3 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Upshaw at dt seemed to work. I like it as a situational play. I'd like to see more 1-5-5 with the way the linebackers are starting to play. More athletic and a better chance to get swats like we did yesterday.

@TorryGundy, I would rest them all til healthy or playoffs letting the younger guys get more time. Knee injuries can really limit a players ability especially when a line is always going for your legs. I would wait to bring em back unless late in the season it becomes necessary to play them.

Edited by redrum52, 12 November 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#4 breden16

breden16

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Tipping passes is something that needs to keep getting preached. Our pass rush still needs work but if we tip a pass its just as good as getting pressure and hurrying a throw. In pleasantly surprised by Tyson too. I didn't even think he would make the team this year and now he is playing really good.

#5 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Its only gonna get Better and Better! Im not Surprised, Im just "Patient"!

#6 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Kruger's tough in those flats, he's been close to notching picks out there all season, glad he finally got one

#7 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Keep it coming!

#8 GyMan20

GyMan20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

The D is starting to look tough again, not quite tough enough but a lot tougher then it looked the last few weeks. And as long as the offense can play at a decent level the defense will at least be ok. I was certainly a lot happier with the front three of the defense yesterday, they keep getting push like that and the LBs will be able to clean up any of the "mess" that is left over.

#9 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

We still have a lot of work to do on D but it feels really good to see the blocked passes and the pass rush getting a little better.

#10 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

We need to let Roethlisberger know that he is going to be in for a long night by batting down his passes. Then we need to sack him and shut down Mike Wallace. Since they don't have Brown for a couple weeks we only need to focus on Wallace because Sanders isn't as effective.

#11 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Tipping passes is something that needs to keep getting preached. Our pass rush still needs work but if we tip a pass its just as good as getting pressure and hurrying a throw. In pleasantly surprised by Tyson too. I didn't even think he would make the team this year and now he is playing really good.

I agree Tyson was making plays Upshaw was playing fast as well and I loved seeing them blocking those passes it seems we're improving at the perfect time.

#12 MissRay27

MissRay27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

That's what was needed getting those young guys Tyson & Hall some playing time. Pees did a good job of mixing up the defense. Hats off to him on this one. Bring on the nemesis.

#13 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Its only gonna get Better and Better! Im not Surprised, Im just "Patient"!

I hope it does get better that be my Christmas gift

#14 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Picked up something from the swatting Texans, use it all year if you can't get to the QB.

Oh and for the record, Suggs always been a lonesome swatter, just now we have everybody in on it. Just a pleasure to have the monster truck riding on 55's back on the field.

Edited by Hardhitters, 12 November 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#15 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

We still gave up over 350 passing yards...

Now I know that is without Jimmy, and without Ngata creating pressure... and that the Raiders were behind most of the day so they needed to pass much more, etc.

but surendering 350 passing yards will lose us most games in this league-
I understnad the conditions were bigger predicters inhow we were going to play....just not gie up the big play...

but we still gave up the big play.... We cannot do that stuff against the sqeelers!
We need more pressure up front and a more diverse blitz package to get after Ben!

I know that we scored 55 points but that wont happen too often (infact its the firts time in franchise history that it did happen)

We can not expect to give up 20 points and over 350 yards passing and win a bunch of football games

Peas still has a lot of work to do!

#16 ReedINT20

ReedINT20

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

just something about seeing suggs back out there playing makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

#17 SmashMouth7

SmashMouth7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Reed was playing injuried and still is a threat, but before going wacky on what our defense gave up, both TDs was on him, 1st a mistackle then a blown coverage. But who better than Reed to fix his mistakes. This was an excellent game no matter how you slice it.

#18 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

More tipped passes = increased chance of INTs for the D. Why not keep at it?

#19 Michael Kim

Michael Kim

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

i really really like deangelo tyson i think we got a big steal in the seventh round this year. we are going to get better and in the playoffs we are gonna have a great defense.

#20 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

@ SteelCityRaven Oak was down most of the Game and HAD TO pass. Stats are Misleading........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users