17 replies to this topic

#1 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

Was watching the NFL network and think i heard them put Luck in the top 5 QB group. How can any respectful person in the media say that ?The guy has played a half of a season and already he is top 5 material. c'mon man.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#2 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,180 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Was watching the NFL network and think i heard them put Luck in the top 5 QB group. How can any respectful person in the media say that ?The guy has played a half of a season and already he is top 5 material. c'mon man.

He's pretty good but not top-5. Who said that? Chuck Pagano or Irsay? He's definitely one of the best rookie QBs. This was a very good rookie QB class, though. At first I thought they meant top-5 in interceptions, but he's tied at 10th with a bunch of other guys.

Btw, Flacco & Ryan are also tied with 7 interceptions. Not bad. 19th.

#3 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Ravens talk?????
Posted Image

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

He will be top 5 in a few years lol..... I think they meant the future. It would make more sense, he aint better than Joe.... yet
Banned

#5 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

While we're on the topic of the media, I can't believe NFL Gameday Final didn't show our full highlights last night. Every week, they always leave out a few games that they assume no one watched or paid attention to. Well yesterday, we scored a combined 75 points in a freakin' track meet, yet there's no sign of us.

#6 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

While we're on the topic of the media, I can't believe NFL Gameday Final didn't show our full highlights last night. Every week, they always leave out a few games that they assume no one watched or paid attention to. Well yesterday, we scored a combined 75 points in a freakin' track meet, yet there's no sign of us.

Agreed. Re-diculous! and after all that talk this week about us "falling apart" because of injuries. And then this AM, nothing. Just the debate over "running up the score". Then jabber, jabber, jabber about the Cowboys, Eagles and Jets. I can't even watch any more.
On the other hand, it sure was nice yesterday to hear Gumbel and Dierdorf actually giving some props to our team, when everybody else seems to have written us off.

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenbergf4ia7s.jpg

#7 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

They tried this in preseason with Wilson, the beginning of the season with RGIII, and last year with Cam Newton. They're always trying to sensationalize some young quarterback. The truth is Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Tannehill, Weeden, Newton, Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, Stafford, Bradford, and Sanchez all make up the bottom half of starting quarterbacks.

#8 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

when you don't live in balto - you have to depend on the national media guys who NEVER say too much good about our team.

constant talk about the Jets ( who can't get it together), Michael Vick ( also having a horrible year), Eli and Peyton Manning( who are Gods to national guys)

Luck and RG 3 are great rookies having good and bad days - let's see what they can do after the reg season...

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,180 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

They tried this in preseason with Wilson, the beginning of the season with RGIII, and last year with Cam Newton. They're always trying to sensationalize some young quarterback. The truth is Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Tannehill, Weeden, Newton, Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, Stafford, Bradford, and Sanchez all make up the bottom half of starting quarterbacks.

True. Personally, I never liked Stafford or Bradford. Man, Newton looks just flat-out terrible out there. He's mentally very weak. He needs to do some mental push-ups, man. Gabbert, well, he's just been unimpressive to say the least and as for Ponder & Locker they both look very hot & cold. The rest are all rookies so it's not fair to judge. Sanchez is a rookie, right?

Btw, looks like you will win that bet about Doss > Laquan in yardage with Izvoodoo.

#10 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,389 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Don't build 'em up too early! You'll end up over-hyping them ie Bradford, Sanchez, Young, etc

Hype can make or break you before you start.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#11 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Isn't it a weekly rank? Calm down lol

#12 The King

The King

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, NFL Network's rankings are based on a "what have you done for me lately system," of performance from week to week. Andrew Luck played a dominant game against the Jaguars and last week against the Dolphins. To say he was one of the top five performers in the past couple weeks wouldn't be inaccurate.

#13 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,389 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Wait are these Kurt Warner's rankings? He states that they're only in a vacuum for that week. If so, this topic is an overreaction.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#14 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Don't build 'em up too early! You'll end up over-hyping them ie Bradford, Sanchez, Young, etc

Hype can make or break you before you start.

Bradford's going to get it going soon. No QB could do good with the o-line he's had so far. Also not to many weapons until recently but I get what ya mean haha
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#15 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,389 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Bradford's going to get it going soon. No QB could do good with the o-line he's had so far. Also not to many weapons until recently but I get what ya mean haha

Somewhat agree but he was hyped to oblivion after his mediocre rookie year
a9skd1.jpg

#16 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,812 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Luck is really good at moving around in the pocket and evading pressure. He's kind of like a Brees/Roethlisberger mash-up when it comes to that. However, he is still a rookie and makes a lot of rookie mistakes.

I think in a couple of years he will be a top 5 QB, but right now I wouldnt have him in my top 10.

@gabefergy

#17 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

True. Personally, I never liked Stafford or Bradford. Man, Newton looks just flat-out terrible out there. He's mentally very weak. He needs to do some mental push-ups, man. Gabbert, well, he's just been unimpressive to say the least and as for Ponder & Locker they both look very hot & cold. The rest are all rookies so it's not fair to judge. Sanchez is a rookie, right?

Btw, looks like you will win that bet about Doss > Laquan in yardage with Izvoodoo.

Yeah it gets annoying how people come out of the woodwork suddenly when a QB does well for a few games and acts like they've been singing their praises their entire careers.

And on that side note, I am happy that Doss is doing well, but mostly for my benefit, so I can say I'm right. Which is the most important part of being.

#18 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

So stupid.

2yno6dx.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users