Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Tight Ends Respond To Harbaugh's Challenge

38 posts in this topic

Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson both had big showings on Sunday against the Raiders.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Tight-Ends-Respond-To-Harbaughs-Challenge/ae362450-41c7-45e4-8875-dcd5e02b3eab]View the full article[/url]

I suspected they might get their wish. We're in smash-mouth football mode now. And, those are the kinda passes you'll see as a result. Go Ravens!!! :)

The Raiders D-line was about as good as our practice squad. Great game (but it won't go to my head). Glad to see Ed hang on to those rifle shots Joe threw at him.

For Dickson I think it's just a matter of catching the ball more consistently. When he doe, flacco uses him. when he drops one its like he gets ignored, and i cant blame him.

great solid win. why cant cam cameron be this aggressive week in and week out. watch he will go back to his playing scared playbook next week. the defense must find a pass rush!!

Both TE's rocked yesterday, I thought Pitta was going to sustain an injury after that play he got illegally hit on, wow, tough guy!

GO RAVENS!

Called them out? Shucks, they've been there all the time!

Call out your O-Coordinator who'd rather go deep than get 1st Downs to the "Flat" or or short 8 to 10 yard patterns!

Anyway, everyone had a pretty good game! Now, let's take that momentum into the "bowels of Hades" they call Heinz Field!

Good job getting open by our TE's. Whenever they have pretty good days we usually come out with a win. Let's hope they can get open on third down next week or it will be a long game against the black and yellow.

Please focus on the Steelers now - they wont be so nice as the Raiders. Great game yesterday!

Ed Dickson had sure hands yesterday. Who's the #1 TE doesn't matter. And it shouldn't. We can do what NE does and apply it here. Especially in the red zone. Torrey Smith baby !

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1352740224' post='1216782']
Please focus on the Steelers now - they wont be so nice as the Raiders. Great game yesterday!
[/quote]

Gee thanks for that, because NO ONE would be thinking about the Steelers if you hadn't reminded us...

[i]Quarterback Joe Flacco noticed that [u][b]the Raiders defense keyed in on wide receivers Torrey Smith [/b][/u]and Anquan Boldin, with [u][b]the safeties sometimes focusing their coverage on the edge of the field[/b][/u]. [u][b]That opened up the middle and gave the tight ends room to work.[/b][/u][/i]

^ my self and a few others in here have been saying this. Torrey's speed on the outside (along w/Jacoby's speed....IF the Ravens put him in the game on the outside opposite or with Torrey); would open up the passing routes underneath and over the middle of the field for Q, Pitta and Dickson to go to work. mix in the run and some PA's and that's your winning formula! lol!

~Mili

WRs and TEs wide open and every1 can finish up their routes; important key to make it happen is our O-line. Without them, none of it ever exists, and I hope if our O-line continues to give Joe's times on the road, he will dominate like he did at home....

Maybe I originally misunderstood Harbs cahallenge. Initially I thouht that is was to the TE's

But the way it played out... I think it may have been as much for Cam as for the TE's _it was a challenge to find a way to get them more involved! Cam did that this week

In fact, he got Doss, Jacoby and the TE's more involved. See what happens when we actually utlize our weapons

We are less predictable and more threatening on the offensive side of the ball! Hope that trend continues next week against the Sqeelers!

Pitta and Boldin working underneath can make life very difficult for any LB corp!
Torrey on the outside can keep DBs honest but I am still calling for a little more Deonte Thompson... opposite Torrey just to open that running game and underneath game even more!
I also liked the way that we utilized Jacoby Jones this week.... hopefully we see even more of that moving forward!

Dickson and Pitta are "Auotomatic" First Downs! Would like to see some "Slants" out these guys but I will be Patient! Way to go "Fellas"!

[quote name='bmore_kman' timestamp='1352740544' post='1216787']

Gee thanks for that, because NO ONE would be thinking about the Steelers if you hadn't reminded us...
[/quote]

You're welcome!

it seems like when the TE's and Jacoby Jones are productive the offense as a whole is productive

Take a look at the stats for the pro bowl selections and really appreciate that our Ravens are the best. Yesterday proved what can happen when each and every player is on their game at the same time. The way for them to beat the Steelers is to do it again this Sunday. Go Ravens you CAN DO IT.