67 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Punters are people too. Reed: I just had a bad day. Home field a necessity. Thinking Steelers.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Home field is nice, but being able to win on the road is a necessity. And the only way to have a shot at playing at home in January.

#3 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Its a shame Q didn't get a TD but that "scoreboard" diss was hilarious.

#4 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

That "Q" Moment was Priceless!
Say we're getting chewed up on the field and a Raven does a dance for a sack or something, it often looks like, "Hey, what are YOU celebrating?", so to have that go down the way it did was great to see!

#5 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Enjoy the moment team. We are 7 n 2, wow great record.
Lets go to Pitt and get this 1 guys. Great team effort yesterday.

#6 92de52fence55

92de52fence55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

yea it was a great game to watch thank you ravens for putting that one together! really put me in a good mood for the whole week!

#7 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

I was thinking Koch did the same last year against Pitt in game 1 and so this shouldn't count as his 1st TD after high school. Then I remembered it was on a PAT which was a 2 pt conversion. So yeah... congrats Koch! A win is a win. M&T bank is our fort. I will contain the excitement till next week because the road is where we struggle the most.

#8 yanmei89

yanmei89

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Where is the credit to Courtney Upshaw? He had a pretty good game, and batted down some balls. Also, why is no one point out the obvious that Jimmy Smith has been benched (not because of injury), but because of poor play

#9 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Since i have bashed them, i feel the need to give them props. Ed Dickson had some great catches yesterday, and Paul Krugger had a great game as well.

Oline looked great, Dline looked pretty good as well. It was the game they needed for the Steelers next week.

Now this is the question i still haven't decided on yet. is it Cams Play calling or offense Excuteting ???? We may never know.....

#10 Dwayne10000Watts

Dwayne10000Watts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

I've got the feeling we're gonna see a different Ravens team on the road from what we've been seeing away from The Bank. Go Ravens!!! :)

#11 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

In you face moment that was epic...and the best part koch made a td on the next play zing hahalol

#12 Dwayne10000Watts

Dwayne10000Watts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Home field is nice, but being able to win on the road is a necessity. And the only way to have a shot at playing at home in January.

Yeah, it's SOMEWHAT a necessity. Actually, just 50% of 'em is all one needs, as long as you're winning ALL of your home games. Go Ravens!!! :)

#13 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Reed had a bad day? OK.

Ed. I know you aren't 25 anymore but when you're bouncing off runners and can only wrap up someone and drag them down, you need to do some soul searching.

We need you as close to 100% as you can get in the playoffs. If you're hurt, get healthy.

#14 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

man i am sad because the bears didnt won yesterday,looking to the texans schedule the only good oponent are the pats hope the colts could make some damage to....that phily stolen lost will cost us badly,but nvm lets pay attention in our job and lets the things solve by thenselves

#15 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

I'm personally not concerned with whether or not we have home field advantage. Don't get me wrong, it's cool an all but we do quite well on the road when it counts. And it could just be my naivety, but I honestly think that when it counts we will handle business offensively on the road.

As for Ed Reed, as many "good" days as he has, he definitely deserves to have a bad day from time to time.

#16 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Boldin, Koch, Tucker, Reed, Rice, Flacco. How can anybody not like this team?

#17 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Anquan’s matter-of-fact response is the way the team should respond to every situation. Fortunately we were on the winning side of the ledger at that point. Even if we were getting our heads handed to us we should always keep our emotions in check while on the field of play. I would prefer comments like C. Williams made, “We don’t like them, they don’t like us” not be made publically. Just do your job the best you can and let your play speak for you. That’s what Anquan did, point out the score, undisputed fact you’re getting your butt kicked and head back to the huddle. No emotional retort or display and continue with dominating. Like is for winning, dislike is for losing, not the opponents. Respect is for the opponents because they are professionals too and this is a game and entertainment; at the end of the day everyone goes back to the real world and deals with the really important things like family.

Time to focus on the squeelers and maintaining our position at the top of the AFC and AFC North. C’mon D, gotta stop the run first because if we don’t it will be ugly and ugly is like losing, we don’t like it!!

Edited by BMoreRelentless, 12 November 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#18 BOLDnPurPnBlacK

BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

i am in no way an analyst or expert on the matter, but i thought tyson and hall showed up and played pretty well yesterday. tyson had 2 or 3 tipped passes and seemed to be chewing up blockers

#19 Tyrone Jones

Tyrone Jones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I have a feeling Boldin is going to knock someone out in this Steelers game lol

#20 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Looking forward to the steelers going to be a tough game but I know we can win . I watched tyson yesterday and I do not get why when the defense was struggling did they not use this kid ,,,I don't follow college football but why is a gem like this sitting on the bench . Upshaw is definitely starting to come into his own I love seeing that progress. Time for ed reed to take time off and get better . way to go bouldin I loved that no words were needed .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users