Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 11/12: Classic Moment: Check The Scoreboard Bro

68 posts in this topic

Punters are people too. Reed: I just had a bad day. Home field a necessity. Thinking Steelers.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1112-Classic-Moment-Check-The-Scoreboard-Bro/50a2488e-0dfc-4a69-ab96-edc89efb5f25]View the full article[/url]

Home field is nice, but being able to win on the road is a necessity. And the only way to have a shot at playing at home in January.

That "Q" Moment was Priceless!
Say we're getting chewed up on the field and a Raven does a dance for a sack or something, it often looks like, "Hey, what are YOU celebrating?", so to have that go down the way it did was great to see!

Enjoy the moment team. We are 7 n 2, wow great record.
Lets go to Pitt and get this 1 guys. Great team effort yesterday.

I was thinking Koch did the same last year against Pitt in game 1 and so this shouldn't count as his 1st TD after high school. Then I remembered it was on a PAT which was a 2 pt conversion. So yeah... congrats Koch! A win is a win. M&T bank is our fort. I will contain the excitement till next week because the road is where we struggle the most.

Where is the credit to Courtney Upshaw? He had a pretty good game, and batted down some balls. Also, why is no one point out the obvious that Jimmy Smith has been benched (not because of injury), but because of poor play

Since i have bashed them, i feel the need to give them props. Ed Dickson had some great catches yesterday, and Paul Krugger had a great game as well.

Oline looked great, Dline looked pretty good as well. It was the game they needed for the Steelers next week.

Now this is the question i still haven't decided on yet. is it Cams Play calling or offense Excuteting ???? We may never know.....

[quote name='Berkeley_Raven' timestamp='1352731135' post='1216668']
Home field is nice, but being able to win on the road is a necessity. And the only way to have a shot at playing at home in January.
[/quote]Yeah, it's SOMEWHAT a necessity. Actually, just 50% of 'em is all one needs, as long as you're winning ALL of your home games. Go Ravens!!! :)

Reed had a bad day? OK.

Ed. I know you aren't 25 anymore but when you're bouncing off runners and can only wrap up someone and drag them down, you need to do some soul searching.

We need you as close to 100% as you can get in the playoffs. If you're hurt, get healthy.

man i am sad because the bears didnt won yesterday,looking to the texans schedule the only good oponent are the pats hope the colts could make some damage to....that phily stolen lost will cost us badly,but nvm lets pay attention in our job and lets the things solve by thenselves

I'm personally not concerned with whether or not we have home field advantage. Don't get me wrong, it's cool an all but we do quite well on the road when it counts. And it could just be my naivety, but I honestly think that when it counts we will handle business offensively on the road.

As for Ed Reed, as many "good" days as he has, he definitely deserves to have a bad day from time to time.

Anquan’s matter-of-fact response is the way the team should respond to every situation. Fortunately we were on the winning side of the ledger at that point. Even if we were getting our heads handed to us we should always keep our emotions in check while on the field of play. I would prefer comments like C. Williams made, “We don’t like them, they don’t like us” not be made publically. Just do your job the best you can and let your play speak for you. That’s what Anquan did, point out the score, undisputed fact you’re getting your arse kicked and head back to the huddle. No emotional retort or display and continue with dominating. Like is for winning, dislike is for losing, not the opponents. Respect is for the opponents because they are professionals too and this is a game and entertainment; at the end of the day everyone goes back to the real world and deals with the really important things like family.

Time to focus on the squeelers and maintaining our position at the top of the AFC and AFC North. C’mon D, gotta stop the run first because if we don’t it will be ugly and ugly is like losing, we don’t like it!!

i am in no way an analyst or expert on the matter, but i thought tyson and hall showed up and played pretty well yesterday. tyson had 2 or 3 tipped passes and seemed to be chewing up blockers

Looking forward to the steelers going to be a tough game but I know we can win . I watched tyson yesterday and I do not get why when the defense was struggling did they not use this kid ,,,I don't follow college football but why is a gem like this sitting on the bench . Upshaw is definitely starting to come into his own I love seeing that progress. Time for ed reed to take time off and get better . way to go bouldin I loved that no words were needed .

I'm kind of infuriated right now that Joe was denied a 400 yr 4 td game prevented by Jacoby Jones!

He really didn't have to do that but oh well.

Joe will need his 4000 yd season on his resume to prove his legitimacy as a Great QB

I can see Cam in my head walking into the locker room holding his jock with his hat tilted to the side singing Kool Moe D, How you like me now LOL. Well I really can't see that but it is a funny thought.

[quote name='BMoreRelentless' timestamp='1352733813' post='1216701']
I would prefer comments like C. Williams made, “We don’t like them, they don’t like us” not be made publically. Just do your job the best you can and let your play speak for you.
[/quote]

how did i know at least one person would pull out the reacher and try and dig at Cary Williams somehow today, smh.
other than this, im mostly proud of the fanbase, seems we do have an optimistic side.

I think that Upshaw needs to be a permanent fixture on the D-Line because he was man handling the Oakland line. When Ngata is fully healthy I would move him to NT and keep Upshaw at DT, I mean Ngata is going to get double teamed anyways so he might as well eat up those blocker in the middle of their line to free up our MLBs to make plays. And why are they just now getting Tyson in there? That kid has been dominate in the last two games. Also I noticed that when B. Williams was out of the game and Reid was inserted at LG the rush on Flacco was eliminated almost completely. I think our o-line is going to be in good shape the rest of the season once Reid is back to full football shape.

[quote name='yanmei89' timestamp='1352732100' post='1216676']
Also, why is no one point out the obvious that Jimmy Smith has been benched (not because of injury), but because of poor play
[/quote]

Because that's not obvious...or even true...

[quote name='GoldRaven' timestamp='1352735629' post='1216711']
I'm kind of infuriated right now that Joe was denied a 400 yr 4 td game prevented by Jacoby Jones!

He really didn't have to do that but oh well.

Joe will need his 4000 yd season on his resume to prove his legitimacy as a Great QB
[/quote]
no. just no.