Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleWall

Lakers hire... (not who you think)

10 posts in this topic

[url="http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8622773/mike-dantoni-hired-next-coach-los-angeles-lakers"]http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8622773/mike-dantoni-hired-next-coach-los-angeles-lakers[/url]

Mike D'Antoni,horrible move by lakers,could of hired Brian Shaw if you wernt going hire Phil.

How could they screw over Phil Jackson like that? You bring in a guy who proved he can't use talent in New York onto arguably the most stacked roster in the NBA.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1352732874' post='1216688']
How could they screw over Phil Jackson like that? You bring in a guy who proved he can't use talent in New York onto arguably the most stacked roster in the NBA.
[/quote]
Highly arguable

To be fair to D'Antoni, he was in a horrible situation here in NYC. Carmelo and Stoudemire didn't fit his system and 'Melo never tried to adjust because he knew he'd outlast D'Antoni. He's done great in his previous coaching jobs in Italia and Phoenix, winning Coach of the Year in 2004.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1352741314' post='1216794']
To be fair to D'Antoni, he was in a horrible situation here in NYC. Carmelo and Stoudemire didn't fit his system and 'Melo never tried to adjust because he knew he'd outlast D'Antoni. He's done great in his previous coaching jobs in Italia and Phoenix, winning Coach of the Year in 2004.
[/quote]

How many rings does D'Antoni have?

Yeah, that's what I thought. What a [i]great[/i] coach, he's a much better coach than Phil Jackson is.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1352743333' post='1216816']
How many rings does D'Antoni have?

Yeah, that's what I thought. What a [i]great[/i] coach, he's a much better coach than Phil Jackson is.
[/quote]

I was talking specifically about Mike D'Antoni, not Phil Jackson. He wasn't going to un-retire anyway, he and Kobe have concluded their adventures together.