MissK528

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Title says it all. I'll start.
  • The Tuck Rule. I think everyone here will agree, as will Rich Eisen
  • The rule about taking a timeout away from a team with an injured player in the last two minutes of each half. There are people who flop, but how is this fair? You can't control whether or not a guy gets a busted face or a torn ACL or something.
  • Both teams must have possession of the ball in overtime blah blah blah. I get a level playing field, but this is the pros. Great idea for little kids playing Pop Warner.
Annnnd... GO!!!

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,990 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

*Venting*
I hate ties a lot!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Santonio Holmes "breaking the plane" is a TD but this isn't

#4 MissK528

MissK528

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Oh man, I had forgotten about that until now. That was some nonsense. For real.

Another one I hate... holding calls. Putting a guy in a headlock is completely different than grabbing a jersey. If your job is to make sure your quarterback isn't getting pancaked, how are you supposed to do that if you can't actually touch the dude?

Also... why is it that I hear a whistle sometimes RIGHT in the middle of a play and there are no flags, yet in other games or even in the same game, you got a whistle 10 minutes later? Do not get it.

#5 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Agree. Maybe this was the game that will force the NFL to get rid of that injury/timeout rule.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#6 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Title says it all. I'll start.

[*]The rule about taking a timeout away from a team with an injured player in the last two minutes of each half. There are people who flop, but how is this fair? You can't control whether or not a guy gets a busted face or a torn ACL or something.

Annnnd... GO!!!

I agree.
I am not a fan of how the "taunting " penalty is sometimes used.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#7 MissK528

MissK528

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Taunting is one that annoys me sometimes. You're playing a game. It's a competition. Really?

Another one I hate in terms of penalties is the unsportsmanlike conduct one on the bench. If a coach spits in someone's face, sure. But just trying to get their attention or something like how Harbs was against New England? I mean, really? You're supposed to at least be a little fired up...

#8 bmore187

bmore187

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

I hate that a defensive holding penalty is 5yds, PLUS an AUTOMATIC first down...........it shouldnt carry that much weight......also I think pass interference should be a 15-yd penalty and not a spot foul......

Juan Castillo.....Michael Huff.........Gino Gradkowski......Michael Oher

RAVENS THAT MUST GO ^^^

#9 MissK528

MissK528

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Oh, here's another one. Intentional grounding in the end zone equals a safety. Que? Why?

#10 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Don't get me started. Really. I've neither the time nor energy to fix this sport.

~ Malkavian Raven

THE SUN, THE MOON, THE STARS AND THE TRUTH
login.png
ALL THINGS YOU CAN COVER UP, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY REVEAL THEMSELVES

#11 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,552 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

PI calls.
U can literally kill someone 15 yards
You touch a WR going downfield Spot foul.......

#12 The King

The King

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

For a long time the force out would be my answer on this one. You can't imagine how happy I was when they eliminated that rule.

I actually like that intentional grounding in the end zone is a safety. It prevents the QB from dumping the ball out of there to avoid taking a sack and stealing one from the defense. I also like that PI is a spot foul. It keeps defenses honest on deep passes. However, I hate that refs seem to call it on defenses much more often than offense even when it's justifiable for both (although less so in recent years, I think), and that offense have started to abuse it a little bit. Not quite sure how I feel about switching it to a 15 yarder, so I'd say stick with the status quo. I'd guess that thought process is why the owners haven't changed it yet, either.

I hate how when a defensive player grabs the ball carrier's face mask it's a fifteen yard penalty, but when the ball carrier does it it's a stiff arm. I've seen that stiff arm abused (see Willis McGahee against the Raiders a couple years back) by RBs who then get cheered for their toughness. When a defenders pulls the same move everyone calls them a dirty player. It's dangerous no matter who does it.

And I think we could all list all the ways QBs are overprotected for a while, so I just want to get that out of the way so it doesn't turn into a "QBs are sissies" thread.

#13 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

*Venting*
I hate ties a lot!

i actually want to see more ties... two teams that after 5 quarters have gone at it and the matched to be equalls at the end of it... rewards both teams' effort with a no-loss game, believe this is fair

#14 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

I hate that a defensive holding penalty is 5yds, PLUS an AUTOMATIC first down...........it shouldnt carry that much weight......also I think pass interference should be a 15-yd penalty and not a spot foul......

this... enforce the 5 yrds but that's it... if it was 3rd and 10 how on earth you get a 1st down, never got that
then... pass int is a QB's dream, just throw it deep-deep-deep and you got 2 out of 3 chances you gain extra good yardage (catch or pass int vs defensive non-pass int play)... if it's 15 yrds for big personal fouls then this should be the same

#15 MissK528

MissK528

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Celebration penalties. Why penalize it? If you're happy, you're happy. I get the discipline part of it but I mean really?

#16 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

There was a point in time where teams were doing all these crazy choreographed song and dance routines. It was flat out annoying.
It was because of that nonsense the rule was created.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#17 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,566 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

My goodness, where to start. Basically I hate every rule that has catered to Quarterbacks and offenses that has taken defense out of Football. You can't play good defense anymore without it being some type of flag on the defense.

#18 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,550 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I really hate the defenseless receiver penalties and while I understand the desire to protect QBs, I still think it's a bit over the top.

The tuck rule is ridiculous and I dont know how it hasnt been addressed yet.

@gabefergy

#19 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,290 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Illegal contact... it's almost never called, and when it is, it seems like it's on a 3rd and 25 and away from the play. The refs need to get more consistent in general, but especially with this penalty.

2550rra.jpg

#20 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

gabefergy beat me to it, but I can't stand the defenseless receiver penalties, or at least the way that they are implemented. I still recall our last Playoff game against the Colts, wherein Austin Collie attempted to reel in a TD pass, ducked at the sight of Ray Lewis, was subsequently drilled and awarded a penalty that placed the ball at the goal line. Ones like those drive me nuts. I also have an issue with numerous personal foul penalties that penalize a player for making contact after being unable to decelerate after moving at full speed. An obvious opposition would be the tuck rule, as well as anything that significantly favors one side over another.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users